Photo

BDW Biggest Loser: Season V ~ Official Thread ~ FINAL Results Posted

• Please log in to reply
572 replies to this topic

#351 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

LeAnne, the plateau is kind of motivating for me to work my a$$ off! I did take measurements of just my waist (my biggest concern) in the beginning. I've only lost 8.8 lbs, I gained one week, lost that exact amount the next week, and neither gained nor lost this weeks so I've kind of been at 0 for 3 week. Although when we first started my waist was 34" and now it's 30.5". Did you take pics before? I did and I feel like I've actually made a big change.

#352 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jacilynda
      LeAnne, the plateau is kind of motivating for me to work my a$$ off! I did take measurements of just my waist (my biggest concern) in the beginning. I've only lost 8.8 lbs, I gained one week, lost that exact amount the next week, and neither gained nor lost this weeks so I've kind of been at 0 for 3 week. Although when we first started my waist was 34" and now it's 30.5". Did you take pics before? I did and I feel like I've actually made a big change.
      wow! i can't believe you lost 3.5 inches off your waist! that's amazing!

#353 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

Its so crazy!!! But makes me feel SO good! I so recommend taking pics and measurements before. Its really motivating especially when you hit that plateau!

#354 Shannond4156

Shannond4156
        • 169 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

I go to a gym where they take measurments and pictures every ten weeks. At first I hated getting into a swimsuit and letting someone take a picture of all the flab, but it really has been a huge motivation to see the changes over time even when the scale isn't moving.

I also would recommend adding more strength training to your routine when you hit a plateau. I know I prefer cardio but it is how I have gotten past two plateaus!

#355 sunset78

sunset78
          • 1,280 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

I screwed up on the dates. I had a holiday Monday as well, but here they call it Family Day.

#356 Marianna

Marianna
            • 111 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

hey ladies...

just wanted to say that i am sorry that i dropped out like this. i have been going through a lot with my fiance to a point that we dont even know if we will be having a wedding all together. i wish you ladies a lot of luck and keep doing a great job. i will keep you posted on my status. as of today the people are booking and the place is set the one thing that is missing is a bride and groom... sucks.

#357 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that, Marianna. Please let us know how you're doing, and if we can help at all!

#358 Sensatori Bride

Sensatori Bride
                • 229 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

Marianna I hope everything works out. Don't let the stress of wedding planning tear you two apart!

Ann your baby is absolutely gorgeous! Those eyes are stunning!

Well this contest is becoming very hard for me! I have been so lazy but am hoping to get back into the swing of things this week. Only a little more than 2 months before my wedding!
                  Mesita and Durante
                  June 18, 2009
                  Excellence Playa Mujeres

My wedding review:http://bestdestinati....032#post857892My wedding pro slideshow:http://www.keithcephus.com/mesitahttp://www.ezticker.......!/ticker.png

#359 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sensatori Bride
                    Ann your baby is absolutely gorgeous! Those eyes are stunning!
                    Awww, thanks!

#360 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

Hey girls. I just checked back on this thread...I had no clue I won last week. Yay!

I've definitely been struggling too. I lose I gain, I lose I gain. I'm really trying to get back into doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Day 1 was yesterday. Wish me luck.

One reason I think we're not motivated is because no one is really chatting about what they're doing to lose weight. We're all just checking in on Wednesday and that's it. We need to help each other out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users