Jump to content

Photo

Where did you get your logo?


  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
  • VIP Member
  • 2,347 posts

    Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AmyInMI
    I have not a clue where to begin with these, but where did you find the sun graphic? I plan to try to work on a few more logo's tomorrow... wish me luck!
    If you go to Microsoft.com, you can seach for "Clipart" and you'll find a lot of choices. Once you download them, you just change the color of them and can "manipulate" them to suit your needs.

    #42 PaulaV

    PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

      Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
      If you go to Microsoft.com, you can seach for "Clipart" and you'll find a lot of choices. Once you download them, you just change the color of them and can "manipulate" them to suit your needs.
      What she said Click the image to open in full size.
      I just used graphics from there for both.
      I also have a program called SnagIt which can copy anything from my screen and save it as a jpg. SnagIt rules! I actually use it for screen shots for training manuals and presentations... but I use it for fun too :)

      Thanks for the vote of confidence Maria. Maybe I will... Make me feel like I am putting my art degree to work, eh?

      #43 MikkiStreak

      MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

        Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:01 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by PaulaV
        Thanks for the vote of confidence Maria. Maybe I will... Make me feel like I am putting my art degree to work, eh?
        That makes 2 of us! I went to school for art too and (sadly) haven't done a thing with it in the last 10 years... But, I'm planning on taking steps toward a career change that will hopefully put me into photography again! (yea, I'm excited)...

        #44 Heidi

        Heidi
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,642 posts

          Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jak27
          LOL! I know, it's like Heidi could have said, "Take the standard deviation of x and multiply by the co-variant as the limit approaches zero"

          I play along like I understand...I assume there's a "stagger" and "overlap" button on my computer!?! HA!

          It should be interesting!
          LOL! haha, sorry - I work with graphics a lot during the work day, it becomes second nature for me! SORRY!!!
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

          #45 PaulaV

          PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

            Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
            That makes 2 of us! I went to school for art too and (sadly) haven't done a thing with it in the last 10 years... But, I'm planning on taking steps toward a career change that will hopefully put me into photography again! (yea, I'm excited)...
            Haha! Okay, I will push you if you push me to do something with it! I graduated in '94. Right after school I drew some random illustartions for a tattoo shop when they needed something they didn't stock. Ha! I did some freelance stuff while I had jobs that paid the bills. I got into teaching some graphics classes... simple ones like Pagemaker, Corel Draw, etc. Then other software classes like Access, Excel and that fun stuff ... then into PC hardware ... then fixing servers... so now I do IT Process Mgmt. Fun stuff I tell ya!

            I really wish I could do artsy stuff, I really do love it, but it won't pay my bills

            #46 Heidi

            Heidi
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,642 posts

              Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:33 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PaulaV
              Haha! Okay, I will push you if you push me to do something with it! I graduated in '94. Right after school I drew some random illustartions for a tattoo shop when they needed something they didn't stock. Ha! I did some freelance stuff while I had jobs that paid the bills. I got into teaching some graphics classes... simple ones like Pagemaker, Corel Draw, etc. Then other software classes like Access, Excel and that fun stuff ... then into PC hardware ... then fixing servers... so now I do IT Process Mgmt. Fun stuff I tell ya!

              I really wish I could do artsy stuff, I really do love it, but it won't pay my bills
              wow, very impressive!!! Maybe I can get you to design a tattoo I've been wanting....

              Attached Files


              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

              #47 jfwolfe72

              jfwolfe72
              • Jr. Member
              • 433 posts

                Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

                Maria! You are so helpful!! Thank you!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                I've had quite a few people looking for the document and after thinking about it, I'm not too worried about people messing up the website because I can always edit whatever I need to. So here's the info on how to get the DIY monogram instructions.



                Here's the website:
                Frank and Maria - Our Wedding Journey

                Click on "DIY Brides" and the password is:
                ourwedding

                The instructions on the page will tell you how to download the Powerpoint. I also included some basic designs that are quick and easy to make your own, as well as starting from scratch. There's some other stuff on the page also that you can download, if you want (budget spreadsheets, resort comparisons, etc...). I plan on adding more as time goes on, including instructions on making some STD's and then eventually, invites, flowers, decor ideas, etc... So feel free to check back and download whatever you can use.

                If you have any questions or issues, let me know!

                Maria


                #48 PaulaV

                PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

                  Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by hln321
                  wow, very impressive!!! Maybe I can get you to design a tattoo I've been wanting....
                  Sure thing! :)

                  #49 MikkiStreak

                  MikkiStreak
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,347 posts

                    Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PaulaV
                    Haha! Okay, I will push you if you push me to do something with it! I graduated in '94. Right after school I drew some random illustartions for a tattoo shop when they needed something they didn't stock. Ha! I did some freelance stuff while I had jobs that paid the bills. I got into teaching some graphics classes... simple ones like Pagemaker, Corel Draw, etc. Then other software classes like Access, Excel and that fun stuff ... then into PC hardware ... then fixing servers... so now I do IT Process Mgmt. Fun stuff I tell ya!

                    I really wish I could do artsy stuff, I really do love it, but it won't pay my bills
                    I think you're my art/tech twin! I went straight from art school to a tech job too! I tried to do freelance (weddings) and occasionally had a show or two at some small galleries/museums, but I let it slide because the tech job paid the bills and got more demanding. I started out as a tech trainer (software), then went into field ops (hardware), then into sales (expanded the Word/Excell/Publisher/PP knowledge), then became GM of a company and now into Project Management (rounding out all of those areas). The more I got into the tech arena, the less I did in art (photography was my major). Without ever planning to, I wound up 'giving up' art and am now starting to get back into it. In fact, this weekend I looked up an old friend from college who is now a pro photog and man, I forgot how good it felt to get really excited to "talk shop" with him!! :)

                    #50 PaulaV

                    PaulaV
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,813 posts

                      Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                      I think you're my art/tech twin! I went straight from art school to a tech job too! I tried to do freelance (weddings) and occasionally had a show or two at some small galleries/museums, but I let it slide because the tech job paid the bills and got more demanding. I started out as a tech trainer (software), then went into field ops (hardware), then into sales (expanded the Word/Excell/Publisher/PP knowledge), then became GM of a company and now into Project Management (rounding out all of those areas). The more I got into the tech arena, the less I did in art (photography was my major). Without ever planning to, I wound up 'giving up' art and am now starting to get back into it. In fact, this weekend I looked up an old friend from college who is now a pro photog and man, I forgot how good it felt to get really excited to "talk shop" with him!! :)

                      You are my art/tech twin!
                      That is excellent that you were able to feel excited about it again! Please show us any new pictures you take!
                      ~poke - poke~




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users