• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 jak27

jak27
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandm
    haha... I have no idea how to stagger or overlap?
    lol
    LOL! I know, it's like Heidi could have said, "Take the standard deviation of x and multiply by the co-variant as the limit approaches zero"

I play along like I understand...I assume there's a "stagger" and "overlap" button on my computer!?! HA!

It should be interesting!

#32 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

stagger meant you don't put the letters in a row and overlap means one or more of the letters is actually over the other ones.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#33 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:02 PM

I've had quite a few people looking for the document and after thinking about it, I'm not too worried about people messing up the website because I can always edit whatever I need to. So here's the info on how to get the DIY monogram instructions.

Here's the website:
      Frank and Maria - Our Wedding Journey

Click on "DIY Brides" and the password is:
      ourwedding

The instructions on the page will tell you how to download the Powerpoint. I also included some basic designs that are quick and easy to make your own, as well as starting from scratch. There's some other stuff on the page also that you can download, if you want (budget spreadsheets, resort comparisons, etc...). I plan on adding more as time goes on, including instructions on making some STD's and then eventually, invites, flowers, decor ideas, etc... So feel free to check back and download whatever you can use.

If you have any questions or issues, let me know!

Maria

#34 jak27

jak27
      • 715 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:13 PM

OMG Maria, I haven't even gotten to the monogram template, but your budget template is fabulous! I mean, seriously, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed it, but it's perfect, and yikes, I needed to see the over/under categories to keep me on track.

#35 mandm

mandm
        • 78 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:35 PM

Ok... I just made these two.. How are they?
          Seriously!

Click the image to open in full size.

#36 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

I'm glad you liked the budget spreadsheet! I'm anal about details and organization--- I have to "see" everything in front of me, compeltely spelled out in black and white or else I get lost in the little details and miss the big picture.

I love the font in the first monogram! The only thing I would suggest is to experiment with adding a graphics, or if you don't want a graphics image in the monogram, then change up your colors more or add a border to make it really "pop" out at people.

#37 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

I made my own in word using different fonts & clipart...I was so proud of myself. Guess what, I didn't use it for a damn thing!! haha!!

#38 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

Thanks to Maria's template and her encouragement, I made mine... I am not sure if we will use it or not, but I think these will be our colours:

I have one more as I was thinking about putting it on the OOT bags without our names:

#39 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                • VIP Member
                • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PaulaV
                  Thanks to Maria's template and her encouragement, I made mine... I am not sure if we will use it or not, but I think these will be our colours:

I have one more as I was thinking about putting it on the OOT bags without our names:

Paula, you should be making some money by doing these for brides! Your designs are awesome and very original!!! I've thought that ever since you showed me that first one after you used the template---- Great creativity!

#40 AmyInMI

AmyInMI
                  • 547 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PaulaV

I have not a clue where to begin with these, but where did you find the sun graphic? I plan to try to work on a few more logo's tomorrow... wish me luck!
                    http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
                    Amy & Aaron
                    May 10, 2008
                    Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users