Photo

Grand Riviera Princess & Grand Sunset Princess

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#211 Kelsey

Kelsey
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:27 AM

Hi, I am getting married at the GSP April 8, 2011. We booked playaweddings for photography they look amazing.  I am stuck which reception area to book?! We were going to book the Gala Dinner but for 2011 it doesnt include an open bar, I was wondering if any of you have booked/or had the Beach or Thai reception? Is it worth the money?

Any other advice I would really appreciate!

#212 Kelsey

Kelsey
    • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:38 AM

Our guest list is also around 75 ppl and was wondering about the beach reception, if you get any advice or pics I would love to hear about it! My email is klein_kelsey@hotmail.com

Good luck!

#213 Kelsey

Kelsey
      • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

Congrats! Its so great to have so much good feed back. We are really struggling also with the reception, whether to go with the Beach or Thai as they are both a lot of money considering we will have around 70guests. If you could email me some pictures or any advice I would really appreciate it!

klein_kelsey@hotmail.com

#214 Jessa

Jessa
        • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

Hello everyone, I just read through all 22 pages trying to get some information. LOL and its very helpful. I am getting married at the GPR resort NOV 27-DEC 4 2010. We are having around 50-60 attend. I am leaning toward the beach reception, and not using the gazebo. 

A couple questions I had if anyone can help is

1. Do they set up tables and a head table at the beach reception?

2. Does anyone know of a good videographer/photographer in the area to hire.

Thanks for your time the great reviews

Jessica

#215 c and m

c and m
          • 33 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

1.  yes they do set up a head table right on the sand!  We were really impressed with the setup.  Head table on beach side, then guest tables, with buffet and bbq at back of beach.  they also set up a table for our wedding favours beside the bar.

2.  We used Dean Sanderson as our photographer.  He was amazing!!  He is based in Canada, but spends at least half of the year in Playa.  Here are a few shots from our wedding

http://www.bestdesti...7/user_id/30142

#216 sasse75

sasse75
            • 168 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kelsey 

Hi, I am getting married at the GSP April 8, 2011. We booked playaweddings for photography they look amazing.  I am stuck which reception area to book?! We were going to book the Gala Dinner but for 2011 it doesnt include an open bar, I was wondering if any of you have booked/or had the Beach or Thai reception? Is it worth the money?

Any other advice I would really appreciate!

We had our reception at the Thai Beach Club and it was the best decesion we made.  Amazing setting at a beautiful open aired restaurant with your own washroom and shelter if you need it.  Just an fyi....if it ends up raining (god forbid) your screwed - they move you to a conference room if you have the beach reception.  They will only move you from the Thai Beach if it is REALLY BAD out!

#217 mwhite

mwhite
              • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

Hi,

Is June a good time to go the the Riviera Maya for a wedding??

For the Thai beach club reception dinner, how much extra per person did you have to pay? do you know what the minimum number of people is to have it there?

thanks

#218 sasse75

sasse75
                • 168 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

It's $100/pp with a 40 person minimum.  Kids are 1/2 price and I even had the agree to charge me the 1/2 price rate for the empty seats as we only had 35 people (30 adults and 30 kids)

#219 kplewins

kplewins
                  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

We just back from the Grand princess sunset!  We had 35 people and actually changed our location from the beach to the Gazebo.  Not sure about the beach reception, although we did see it set up by the gazebo.  We listened to sasse75 and had our reception at the Thai Beach Club!  Way worth the extra money...trust me, reach down, find the funds and do it there.  The food was great, and they let you set up any way you want too.  We have a few pics, as everyone was partying to much to take pictures.  We have to wait another week and we will have our pics from Peter from All about photography thai1.jpgthai3.jpghuts.jpg

first dance.jpg

#220 uworich

uworich
                    • Banned
                    • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for all the information everyone.

So the thai beach dinner is $100 pp... how much time do you get?  does this include the DJ and is this an open bar?

If i do the beach front dinner, how much does that cost?

Sorry for all the questions... !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users