Photo

Grand Riviera Princess & Grand Sunset Princess

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#191 Bride2Be21

Bride2Be21
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

I'm going to make a suggestion ..maybe the mods can combine this page with http://bestdestinati....-resort-27850/
    There is good info on both and people post on both still.

#192 Angie1017

Angie1017
    • 213 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bride2Be21
      I'm going to make a suggestion ..maybe the mods can combine this page with http://bestdestinati....-resort-27850/
      There is good info on both and people post on both still.
      Great idea!
      Married ~ December 16, 2010 ~ Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

#193 Starfish-Bride

Starfish-Bride
      • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hi There,

Just noted you're one of the only brides with a big guest list. Ours is similar in size (between 70 and 90). I was wondering if you could tell me a tad more about the beach reception and how it turned out for you two. If you have any advice for a fellow bride also booking a large wedding, I'd love to read about it. I can be reached at smfard@gmail.com.

Much thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide. Hope your June wedding was stellar and everything you dreamed of. 

#194 Starfish-Bride

Starfish-Bride
        • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Oops... meant to write that in response to another bride! Guess I haven't gotten the hang of this forum yet!

Originally Posted by Starfish-Bride 

Hi There,

Just noted you're one of the only brides with a big guest list. Ours is similar in size (between 70 and 90). I was wondering if you could tell me a tad more about the beach reception and how it turned out for you two. If you have any advice for a fellow bride also booking a large wedding, I'd love to read about it. I can be reached at smfard@gmail.com.

Much thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide. Hope your June wedding was stellar and everything you dreamed of. 

#195 Starfish-Bride

Starfish-Bride
          • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Any chance I can get a copy of this from you as well? I'm at smfard@gmail.com. Much thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by alhanay24 

My friend recently sent me a Grand Princess Riviera Survival Guide. I foudn it quite ineteresting. There is information on the differences between the rooms as well all kind of information on the resort, helpful hints and so on. Let me know if you would like to receive it.

#196 Angie1017

Angie1017
            • 213 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

Just finalizing our contract with Patricia today.  Wondering if anyone has experience with a few questions I have:

1.  I'm bringing my own bouquet, BM bouquets and bouts.  Our package (Infinity/renewal of vows) includes the bride's bouquet and the groom's bout.  I asked if we could replace those for 4 corsages and she said no.  Does this seem silly to anyone?  I'm wondering if I should just get the bride's bouquet and bout since they are included and then rip them apart and make my own corsages?

2.  Our package includes a dinner reservation for 20 people in an a la carte restaurant.  We are having the beach party, so wondering if I could use this for my welcome dinner?  We will have approximately 45 people though, so I'm thinking I would most likely have to pay for the additional guests?  I might just veto this and have our welcome dinner at the lobby bar or something so I don't have to pay extra...

Any thoughts on the above would be greatly appreciated!  :)

#197 Jen Wilson

Jen Wilson
              • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

Angie,

When is your wedding? We are getting married 11/9/10 & are having to have our stuff finalized to Patricia by 9/9/10. They don't seem to flexible do they. We are doing the same package too. What a la carte restaurant are you doing? We are having under 20 people attend, so we didn't want to spend more on the upgarded beach reception seeing as we are having a reception at home less than a month later. Send me a message if you can

Jen

#198 Angie1017

Angie1017
                • 213 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hi Jen,

We are getting married December 16, 2010.  Patricia has been dealing with our travel agent with the contract, and had sent her one for us to sign today regarding the type of ceremony, reception options, etc.  I know, they don't seem too flexible...

Well I'm not sure if we will use the 20 person a la carte option for our welcome dinner because we have approximately 45 people coming, so I'd have to pay an additional $10 per person over the 20 person limit.  I'm thinking I'll just arrange for our guests to meet in the Lobby Bar for welcome cocktails :)

I've heard good things about all the a la cartes though...so I guess it's really just a matter of food preference for your reception :)

Originally Posted by Jen Wilson 

Angie,

When is your wedding? We are getting married 11/9/10 & are having to have our stuff finalized to Patricia by 9/9/10. They don't seem to flexible do they. We are doing the same package too. What a la carte restaurant are you doing? We are having under 20 people attend, so we didn't want to spend more on the upgarded beach reception seeing as we are having a reception at home less than a month later. Send me a message if you can

Jen

#199 c and m

c and m
                  • 33 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

We had about 40 people and had the beach reception.  We used our included 20 person a la carte reservation the night we got there for the 2 families and bridal party.  It worked out really well!!  The beach reception was well worth the money, a great time was had by all

http://www.facebook....62&id=722095011

Here is a small sample of our photos.  we used Dean Sanderson from Canada.  He was fantastic!  Everyone loves our shots

Corey

#200 PPHCHA

PPHCHA
                    • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

We were married there Nov. 6, 2009. Renewal vows. Keep in mind for photos that the sun sets early (around 5:30, here's the link for you http://tinyurl.com/2amvteu) It rained on our day so they moved us from the gazebo to the side of the Sunset Lobby bar. Still worked our great as our guest could all get drinks (free) at the bar (before during and after the ceremony ; >). We had about 40 people.

We did the Fondu restaurant and everyone loved it. Ask for the chocolate fondue for dessert otherwise they will just give you dessert squares. Let me know if you have any there questions. And don't stress at all, everything will be awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users