Grand Riviera Princess & Grand Sunset Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhanay24 View Post
Hi,

I finally have my date, April 7th at 3:00 p.m. It seems so close...yet too far hehe.
I have all the packages and private reception information which I have attached below.
I have also attached the salon price list. I am booking hair appointment for my bridesmaids and the moms. It is quite expensive for Mexico but I guess it is the goign price for Canada so I will not complain too much about that.

I have chosen the gala reception, which includes private room DJ and a set menu ( I am trying ot negotiate so that we can accomodate the vegetarians and those who do not like fish. They are very strict with the menus).

The gala option does not include a bar for alcohol that technically should already be included. They want an additional 15$ an hour per person to set up a domestic bar. I have told that it was not an option, I was just going to make my own bar, bring my own bottles. They still want to charge $15 a bottle for me to bring it into the room, which is fine, but they are really trying to get any penny out of you as they can.
shots.gif

My wedding coordinator Sandra has been good, she is responding quickly and trying to accomodate my requests as best she can. I don't have many of them but I am celiac so I have asked them for a gluten free cake and she is talking with the chef to see what they can do, which I really appreciate.

The beach option was really tempting but at US$85/person it seemed a bit much, especially if you then needed to pay more for a dance floor and DJ. (i think it would have amounted to an extra $2000.

I have chosen the Royalty package, mainly because it accomodates up to 40 people without additional charges. The others only accomodate up to 20 and hten charge an additional $12/person which can add up quicky. Plus I like to think of myself as Royal cheesy.gifelefant.gif

Let me know if you have other questions, I have asked a lot of them and got some answers.

Hope this helps.

We are going with the Beach party and it includes Dj service and open bar we paid the extra $600 for a dance floor so that we would have something to Dance on for our first dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhanay24 View Post
Hi,

I finally have my date, April 7th at 3:00 p.m. It seems so close...yet too far hehe.
I have all the packages and private reception information which I have attached below.
I have also attached the salon price list. I am booking hair appointment for my bridesmaids and the moms. It is quite expensive for Mexico but I guess it is the goign price for Canada so I will not complain too much about that.

I have chosen the gala reception, which includes private room DJ and a set menu ( I am trying ot negotiate so that we can accomodate the vegetarians and those who do not like fish. They are very strict with the menus).

The gala option does not include a bar for alcohol that technically should already be included. They want an additional 15$ an hour per person to set up a domestic bar. I have told that it was not an option, I was just going to make my own bar, bring my own bottles. They still want to charge $15 a bottle for me to bring it into the room, which is fine, but they are really trying to get any penny out of you as they can.
shots.gif

My wedding coordinator Sandra has been good, she is responding quickly and trying to accomodate my requests as best she can. I don't have many of them but I am celiac so I have asked them for a gluten free cake and she is talking with the chef to see what they can do, which I really appreciate.

The beach option was really tempting but at US$85/person it seemed a bit much, especially if you then needed to pay more for a dance floor and DJ. (i think it would have amounted to an extra $2000.

I have chosen the Royalty package, mainly because it accomodates up to 40 people without additional charges. The others only accomodate up to 20 and hten charge an additional $12/person which can add up quicky. Plus I like to think of myself as Royal cheesy.gifelefant.gif

Let me know if you have other questions, I have asked a lot of them and got some answers.

Hope this helps.
I don't think I have seen any info on a Royalty package, please explain.

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone who is doing a legal wedding has been ask for scanned copies of their (and 4 witnesses) passports? This seems really shady to me. A faxed copy maybe, but an actual scanned digital copy could possibly be reproduced. I am not sure what to do about this, any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse75 View Post
Weneedhelpforwedding-how did you get your dj included?
We are getting married on Nov 9, 2009 and the info we got back when we booked was 80 per person which included Private Beach Party: From 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Price includes: Private dinner (grill buffet), Domestic Open Bar, DJ service and Caribbean standard decoration. We require a minimum of 40 people. You are allowed to bring your own music CDâ€s. We are having it from 6 -10. Maybe they changed things im not sure but thats what we booked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone who is doing a legal wedding has been ask for scanned copies of their (and 4 witnesses) passports? This seems really shady to me. A faxed copy maybe, but an actual scanned digital copy could possibly be reproduced. I am not sure what to do about this, any suggestions?
Yea that does sound shady and very risky why dont u just get legally married at home skip all the crap mexico wants you to do dont tell anyone and have a symbolic ceremony or renewal of vows. Thats what we r doing i heard the ceremony is almost the same anyways. Just an idea seems better then giving out personal info like that to strangers who knows whos hands will get on that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
I don't think I have seen any info on a Royalty package, please explain.
Hi,

Sorry I tried to attach the wedding package PDF but it did not work. I pasted the information below for the Royalty package. This is basic and then you decide whether you want the dinner in their restaurant which is free or have something private like the gala or beach party where they charge more.

Let me know if you need more info.

“ROYALTY†Package
Organizing of the ceremony by the wedding coordinator
Legal ceremony perform with a judge from the Mexican City Hall
Marriage certificate valid in México
Bouquet with tropical flowers for the Bride
Boutonniere with tropical flowers for the Groom
Bride makes up and hairdo the day of the wedding in the Spa Beauty Salon
Wedding gazebo with standard decoration: white backdrops, 1 center piece with white
flowers, red carpet for the aisle, chairs with white covers & sashes (Other decorations and
locations available on request with an additional cost)
CD player and microphone available during the ceremony (Couple is allowed to bring their
own songs)
Cocktail hour with domestic open bar after the ceremony (1 hour service)
Wedding cake for 40 people
Special dinner for the couple and 38 guests in an a la carte Restaurant (restaurant is subject
to availability)
Honeymoon amenities and special decoration in the room the Wedding day
Preparation and ironing of the wedding dress and groomâ€s tuxedo
Nuptial breakfast taken to coupleâ€s room the day after the wedding ceremony
Couple massage the day after the wedding in the Hotel Spa
Use of bathrobes for the marring couple during entire stay
Late check out for the Bride & Groom (upon request and availability)
Princess†Gift
Price $2,000.00 USD
*For legal weddings in México the couple and 4 witnesses must be in the hotel 4 business days before
the wedding date. Saturdays and Sundays are not considered business days. The ceremony is
performed in English.
*Package for 40 people staying at the Resort, for additional guest the supplement is $12.00USD per
person.
Judge will require a cash fee of $50.00 USD for transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchedin09! View Post
Hello! I can't believe all there is to do and consider! LOL We're planning our wedding with very little time at the GRP just decided to do it this December and can't believe how much it costshuh.gif I'm wondering if there is any advice for me out there as to what is a waste of money and what was really worth it. Also the gazebo looks nice but I've seen a lot of wedding photos with shadows all over the bride and groom while they are standing in it during the ceremony. AND my number one question what time of day? they say sunset is at 5pm? I don't want o get married in the middle of the heat but don't want all the pictures in the dark? How did I think I could pull this off in 2 months! LOL HELP!!!!!
I believe they have two slots for weddings at GRP. One earlier in the day (1pm?) and one at 4. I've got the 4 o'clock slot, as I also wanted to avoid the heat. I'm hoping, also, that since the sun will be low, we won't get the zebra stripes (from the gazebo shadows) that you're speaking of. We're going to have our photographer taking pics of us getting ready from 1-2, pics of the groom with his family/wedding party from 2-3, pics of me with my family/wedding party from 3-4, then get everyone together and some of him and I alone after the ceremony(which should only last about a half hour). This way, we won't have an album full of wedding pictures that are dark. We've also got a TTD the next day, so we'll have the opportunity for more pictures of the two of us if we run out of time that evening.

Hope that helps! :)

Question for you ladies who are having the beach reception.....Do any of you have under 40 guests and if so what rate are you paying for those "empty seats" I have been back and forth on this with Patricia and having serious issues with what they are proposing! The going rate for an adult is $85/pp and kids are half of that, for the empty seats they want me to pay the rate of $85/pp. I'm insisting that they give me the kids rate since its pure profit for them and if I was filling them with kids thats what I would be paying anyway! What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCan2010 View Post
Hey Michelle

Congrats

Can I ask where you did your first dance?
We are looking at doing the Italian resturant for the reception and then going to one of the bars after. Not sure how we are going to do the first dance though

Or any one who has done... would love to hear how you pulled it off

Also what bar do you recommend for dancing etc after?

Sorry to take so long to reply, I don't get on here that much anymore. There is a main lobby bar right next to one of the buffet restaurant. We went out to the walk way between the water streams and had our first dance. When you get there ask the wedding coordinators and they will let you know. There was another girl getting married after me and she did the same thing. She burned songs for her ceremony then another cd for her first dance. The wedding coordinator will hand it to the band so you can have your first dance.