Grand Riviera Princess & Grand Sunset Princess

Hello!!!!

I am new to this site and am looking for any information and pictures that any brides have about GSP. I am interested in doing either a beach reception, a gala receptions or the private reception in the Thai beach house. Any tips that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated since Im just getting started.

Thank you and congrats to all you other brides.

Christa

• 2 months later...

Hello..im interested in having our wedding at the GRP in april 2012, and were probally going to have over 50 ppl.. could you send me the info and prices that they gave you for the private reception gala dinner. Did they tell you where that dinner was going to held? Is it in a ballroom/conference room?? Thanks!!

Originally Posted by alhanay24 View Post

Hi,

I finally have my date, April 7th at 3:00 p.m. It seems so close...yet too far hehe.
I have all the packages and private reception information which I have attached below.
I have also attached the salon price list. I am booking hair appointment for my bridesmaids and the moms. It is quite expensive for Mexico but I guess it is the goign price for Canada so I will not complain too much about that.

I have chosen the gala reception, which includes private room DJ and a set menu ( I am trying ot negotiate so that we can accomodate the vegetarians and those who do not like fish. They are very strict with the menus).

The gala option does not include a bar for alcohol that technically should already be included. They want an additional 15$ an hour per person to set up a domestic bar. I have told that it was not an option, I was just going to make my own bar, bring my own bottles. They still want to charge $15 a bottle for me to bring it into the room, which is fine, but they are really trying to get any penny out of you as they can.
shots.gif

My wedding coordinator Sandra has been good, she is responding quickly and trying to accomodate my requests as best she can. I don't have many of them but I am celiac so I have asked them for a gluten free cake and she is talking with the chef to see what they can do, which I really appreciate.

The beach option was really tempting but at US$85/person it seemed a bit much, especially if you then needed to pay more for a dance floor and DJ. (i think it would have amounted to an extra $2000.

I have chosen the Royalty package, mainly because it accomodates up to 40 people without additional charges. The others only accomodate up to 20 and hten charge an additional $12/person which can add up quicky. Plus I like to think of myself as Royal cheesy.gifelefant.gif

Let me know if you have other questions, I have asked a lot of them and got some answers.

Hope this helps.

Hello.. im also interested in having our wedding at the GRP in april 2012. And im wanting to do the same reception plan as you. But for some reason i cant open the attachements that you posted..do you think that you could email them to me...please. danisha229@hotmail.com    Thanks!!!

Additional Services.pdf

Restaurants Menus.pdf

Pictures Packages for Weddings 08-09.pdf

Private Receptions.pdf

Originally Posted by alhanay24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican10 View Post
Ok thanks. THe Thai Beach Club does look nice from what I have seen.

I haven't heard back from the resort yet. Just trying to weigh out options because we aren't doing the private beach reception and Im not sure about the a la carte option because its only an hour and a half sad.gif Anyone else heard of the Thai Beach Club?
Hi, I am getting married April 7th and I will have about 30 guests. We are doing what is called a gala dinner and it only costs $37/person. It is in a private room with the DJ included, however, it does not come with a bar. Let me know if you would like more information, I have all the brochures with me.

hiii ladies.. im planning our wedding at the GRP as well, and im wanting to do the gala dinner as well. I like having it be a private reception. Its too bad about booze not bring included :(  How many hours do you get the gala dinner for? With the DJ are you giving him some of your own music to play as well?  I would love it if you could email me the brochures that you..that would be great!!      danisha229@hotmail.com

Hi Ladies! I am getting married at 3pm on April 8 2011! We were looking forward to the gazebo but are now going to have our ceremony on the beach bc the gazebo won't be available bc of the explosion.  Then we are having a private reception (we have about 55 guests) in the Thai Beach Restaurant.  It is the priciest for sure ($100/person) but we have stayed at the GSP before and absolutely loved the Thai Restaurant.  And from every other bride I have talked to who had their dinner here said it was worth every penny!  We get it from 6-10pm (but I have been told we can most likely stay until 11pm) This gives us enough time for dinner, speeches and plenty of dancing just with our group until we head off to the disco!  We were torn between doing the private beach reception and the cons I was told about that was bathrooms being public and far away,  if its windy sand can be blown onto the tables, and the dance floor is not included. Beach reception is $85/person. 

Hope this info helps!

• 2 weeks later...