Jump to content

Photo

My Bridal Shower DIY invites..


  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#11 jdweinbe

jdweinbe
  • Newbie
  • 89 posts

    Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

    Ok...I'm dumb...I can see that they are a font you have used....But I LOVE that font! Beautiful!

    JEN

    #12 anaderoux

    anaderoux
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,220 posts

      Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:36 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jdweinbe
      Wow! Those are simply amazing! Did you calligraphy the names on yourself? I love the colors and the detail! Great Job!!!
      Jen
      Noooo!! it's a font called Scriptina!! looks real doesn't it!!

      #13 Jessalyn

      Jessalyn
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,876 posts

        Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:42 PM

        Anny~ Those are amazing! so beautiful and LOTS of work!! ....but, they really look great!! Fantastic job!! I'm sure you're going to get tons of compliments on them.
        My new man....Donovan

        Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

        #14 anaderoux

        anaderoux
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,220 posts

          Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:42 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
          Anny, those are AWESOME! I love the printed vellum, the embossed card and the envelopes. I'm doing the embossed paper for my programs and I have total sympathy (and awe) for you for doing these- it's a huge PITA, isn't it!? But, well worth it in the end.

          And, how cool that you get money for your bridal shower in mexico- maybe I should tell my guests that's what I want instead of a bunch of miscellaneous kitchen gadgets that I'll never use! lol

          I wish I could have made my bridal shower invites, but alas, my FMIL wouldn't hear of it- she said I'm doing too much already so my shower is officially hands-off!

          Anyway, girl- you rock! Those are the coolest shower invitations I've ever seen...maybe the best invitations in general!
          Yeah I love embossing but it takes too much time!!! I wish I had an embossing machine or something to do it fast hahahaha it's a PITA but you're right, totally worth it!

          This is my shower hosted by my mom so I decided to help her with the invitations but I'm still struggling to "help" my friends with the shower they're having for me 'cause the one that chose to make the invites always comes up with something funky and they're all scared hahahahaha they're having a luau party for me and she wants to do a drawing of a hula girl and put my face.. sounds good but I don't know how's it gonna look hahahahaha

          thanx a lot for the comments Sarah! and everyone else! I hope everyone likes them as much as you did!!

          and Sarah you're still the official BDW Martha Stewart!!!

          #15 amyh

          amyh

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

            Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

            Those are AMAZING!!!! I love them... I swear, I am copying all your ideas! Did you print them on the HP Color Laser Printer??

            #16 anaderoux

            anaderoux
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,220 posts

              Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:13 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by amyh
              Those are AMAZING!!!! I love them... I swear, I am copying all your ideas! Did you print them on the HP Color Laser Printer??
              I bought the sheets at hobby lobby and I printed everything on the HP laser printer the envelopes design is a sheet I bought but the vellum paper is the same design and I just scanned it and printed on vellum on my color laser printer (well it's not mine, it's work's printer hahahah)

              #17 amyh

              amyh

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

                Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

                Thanks Anny!! I had the hardest time printing the boarding passes (on heavy card stock) so I'm glad to hear that you were able to print using velum paper!! I'm serious, I just love your invites!

                #18 Nrvsbride

                Nrvsbride
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,248 posts

                  Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:05 PM

                  I am in absolute awe of these invites. There are no words. I mean this as no offense to any of the other DIY girls but these are possibly the most amazing DIY invites I have ever seen. They are so colorful and beautiful but most importantly they are a true reflection of your personality. I just absolutely love them. I cannot even imagine how you made these. You, Sarah, Ann and all the other DIY girls are just amazing. I have no idea how you do the things you do, it's just crazy. You DIY girls should really go into business together and make some moola for poor schmucks like me who can't even draw stick figures. Anny I really, really love these.



                  -Glenda

                  #19 anaderoux

                  anaderoux
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 3,220 posts

                    Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:37 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amyh
                    Thanks Anny!! I had the hardest time printing the boarding passes (on heavy card stock) so I'm glad to hear that you were able to print using velum paper!! I'm serious, I just love your invites!
                    Amy did you select the kind of paper you were printing on? you have to do it on the printer settings.. otherwise the ink comes off sometimes..

                    #20 anaderoux

                    anaderoux
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 3,220 posts

                      Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                      I am in absolute awe of these invites. There are no words. I mean this as no offense to any of the other DIY girls but these are possibly the most amazing DIY invites I have ever seen. They are so colorful and beautiful but most importantly they are a true reflection of your personality. I just absolutely love them. I cannot even imagine how you made these. You, Sarah, Ann and all the other DIY girls are just amazing. I have no idea how you do the things you do, it's just crazy. You DIY girls should really go into business together and make some moola for poor schmucks like me who can't even draw stick figures. Anny I really, really love these.



                      -Glenda
                      Thanx Glen!!! I will send you one 'cause you're comming!! right? hahahaha




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users