Photo

Question about your wedding dress

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:50 AM

Ok, so after my first fitting yesterday, I started thinking about my train on my dress. So as you guys know I'm having 3 people attend the wedding, (they really dropped like flies) Cain and I are meeting up with Juan for pictures before the ceremony and of course for after ceremony pics on the beach. SO my question is this. For the girls that has trains when do you plan on bustling it up? I started to thing that maybe I'll keep it bustled the whole time. What are your thoughts.

#2 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:03 AM

I'm going to have a small train. I want my train for pics and for the wedding, so I was thinking of bustling after the wedding ~ before the reception.

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:37 AM

Tammy, didn't you say before that you'll be taking pictures before, but also (because of the guest list size) afterwards too? Maybe for your pictures on the beach you could do unbustled and then for some sunset shots you could have it bustled?
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
        • 1,430 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

Tammy, I'm in the same boat as you, I can't decide if I want it bustled the whole time or have a train in the beginning! Maybe since you are getting pics before then I would have it bustled and let it back down for your ceremony.

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:34 AM

What about for the beach pictures?

#6 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

Tammy, leave your train down for the ceremony and for any pictures except for beach shots, but I bet Juan could get some great shots of it down in the beach too.
            Hey is the small guest list saving you money?
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

not really Christine, Marty is paying for our wedding dinner, so it's costing us the same, but saving her money. :-) OK I take that back, we are doing individual cakes so I won't have to buy as many, so yes I suppose it's saving us a little.

#8 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
              • VIP Member
              • 4,116 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, I agree. How often do you wear a dress w/ a train! You're still the bride - even though you're not being viewed by a crowd. ;-)

Wear the train for the ceremony and some pics...then bustle it when you need/want too. I think it will look very romantic. . .

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

Ok another question, my neckline on my dress is a kind of a scoop neckline. I'm thinking about maybe changing it to a sweatheart. I want a romantic/sexy look. I can't find a pic online of my dress, front view and my dress pics aren't at work.

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:02 PM

hello - don't we have Mishi's photobook of dresses - isn't it in there? anyone have the link?

i agree - i'd wear the train until dinner basically, i think that's what i will do. maybe bustle it at the end of pics, depending on what we're doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users