Photo

Invitations for welcome dinner??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anna83

Anna83
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:27 AM

Did anyone send invitations to their guests for their welcome dinner, or did you just tell your guests about it? Can you share your invitation if you did? Thanks!

#2 Rhonda

Rhonda
    • 270 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

Yes, we sent the welcome party invite with the wedding invite. We did a pocketfold invitation...so one of the inserts was the welcome party invite.
      It says something like "Rhonda & Mark would like to welcome you to their wedding weekend. Please join us on April 30, 2009 for drinks, dessert, and celebration" Time & location were also noted on the invite.

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

I did OOT bags and put the week's activities and the wedding day time line in them. I don't think you need a formal invite unless you just want to do one or are having a formal meal where you need to know entree selection, etc.

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ErinB
          I did OOT bags and put the week's activities and the wedding day time line in them. I don't think you need a formal invite unless you just want to do one or are having a formal meal where you need to know entree selection, etc.
          I did the same thing as Erin. A few weeks before we left, I sent a Pre-Travel/Welcome to Jamaica Packet. In that I included our weekend itinerary, which included the welcome dinner.
          I also had a welcome note card that I put in the OOT bags, which again reminded them about the welcome dinner.
          The note cards said something like "We would like to take the time to welcome you to Jamaica. Please join us for dinner at St.Ann's restaurant on Thursday, April 10th at 7:30 pm".

#5 Anna83

Anna83
          • 288 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

I would like to just include it in the oot bags. The problem with that is I'm planning on giving out the oot bags at our welcome dinner. I think I'm going to have my travel agent include a postcard sized invite with the travel documents that she hands out. The biggest reason I'm having a welcome dinner is to hand out the oot bags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users