Photo

Sand Ceremony - pour timing?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 CanadianBride84

CanadianBride84
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

If you are interested in the sand frame, Green Earth has those Umbra Ether frames.

#12 Rev. Clint Hufft

Rev. Clint Hufft
    • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

If your officiant stays at the altar while you and your groom walk over to the sand table, it would be good for the officiant to guide you through the ceremony, talking as you get to the table, explaining what the ceremony means to you, cueing you to pour the sand, etc.

As an officiant, I'm more comfortable being with the couple during the sand ceremony, handing them the containers, holding the empty container they pour the individual sands into, giving them the comfort and security to handle whatever happens.

If the microphone has to stay at the altar (I'm guessing the microphone on your fiance will go straight to the video, not the public address system) would it be possible to place the Sand Sculpture table directly behind the officiant so that he can hand you your individual sand containers?

All blessings,

Rev. Clint Hufft, officiant for "Trista & Ryan's Wedding"

#13 Martee

Martee
      • 74 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:00 PM

We too are having the sand ceremony incorporated into our wedding...we are using sand from home (a local beach) and sand from the beach in Jamaica. I will most likely get my vases at Walmart or Michaels. I love the wording you will be using. All the best to you :)
        Future Mrs. Storms

http://www.weddingco...r/angqse55l.png

30 BOOKED!!

#14 jjurick

jjurick
        • 45 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

Thank you for posting. I was just going to ask about the wording, the ceremony and where you bought your vases. Thanks again!

#15 KellyG24

KellyG24
          • 51 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Martee
            We too are having the sand ceremony incorporated into our wedding...we are using sand from home (a local beach) and sand from the beach in Jamaica. I will most likely get my vases at Walmart or Michaels. I love the wording you will be using. All the best to you :)
            Hi Martee - I love your idea of using sand from home. I'm thinking about stealing your idea and incorporating that into my wedding. We got engaged on a beach in Michigan, so that'd be perfect to get some sand from there and incorporate it with some from Jamaica as well.

Thanks!!

#16 nbro

nbro
            • 36 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the ideas girls. This is great!! What do you do with the sand after? Cap the vase and bring it home? It would seem to be bad luck if you got rid of it later. Then I suppose it could be romantic to let it blow into the ocean at the end of the honeymoon??

#17 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
              • 215 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

We kept our sand. We had a bit of sand left in each pouring vase so we put that in ziplock bags and sealed the top of the mixed sand with melted wax. It worked out pretty well. My parents put the vase in their checked baggage and it made it home relatively unscathed. We put the left over sand into the pouring vases and put them on either side of the mixed sand. It's sitting on our fireplace mantle now.

#18 RMB12/4/08

RMB12/4/08
                • 55 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:51 PM

I ordered our sand ceremony set with it engraved with names and date. I got our sand at Hobby Lobby.... in the craft section!!! worked GREAT! The whole sand ceremony took- MAYBE- Just MAYBE 2 minutes!!!! The minister tells you when to pour, no worries, they guide you through everything!!!!
                  RMB Bride over 1 year ago! Baby #1 due in March! And can't wait for a drink! On the downhill slide from here!

#19 KellyG24

KellyG24
                  • 51 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

Where did you order your sand ceremony set from?

#20 RMB12/4/08

RMB12/4/08
                    • 55 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

This is where I ordered from..... There is also a discount code if you would like to use it. Making Memories & More.

We appreciate our customers and would like to offer you a 15% discount on your next order. Simply enter this code CA15 in the discount code box when checking out.
                      RMB Bride over 1 year ago! Baby #1 due in March! And can't wait for a drink! On the downhill slide from here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users