Comfy Wedding shoes....help

Let me begin by saying, I'd love to be able to wear flip-flops or a stunning pair of heels, but with my plantar fascitus within an hour I'd be hobbling around complaining my feet hurt. So, I have been searching for months for a pair of comfy nice pair wedding shoes for the big day with no luck. If they're comfy, generally they're darn ugly grandma shoes. Do you ladies have any recommendations?

I have been wearing all summer some flip-flops with one of these cork soles... so comfortable they were more comfortable than being bare feet ! And they were were pretty, too. Maybe not "wedding pretty", but pretty enough to wear them every day ! Surely they do not qualify for "grandma" look.

I got them at DSW. Try and look for these cork soles wink.gif

I thought about doing the bare foot jewelry because they are pretty, but I am more of a shoe person to be honest, especially where we are getting married in the gazebo.

In terms of what I am looking for....hmmm...my dress is going to be ivory (sorry no pics yet)....

1) Comfort and good support (not flimsy/bendy like a regular heel)

2) Stylish, possibly ornamented (a little sparkle, but not full on OMG that's blinding bling)

3) Ivory or dyeable, and I am open to color

4) No more than an inch and a half heel

5) Possibly a peep-toe wedge.

I have been looking a wedges, beaded slippers/flats, and even Indian jutti's. Shoes I love are that blue satin pair from Sex in the City...however...due to these horrid feet of mine I'll never be able to wear shoes like that again.... frown.gif

Thanks montegobay09...out of those...the following would be about the only ones I may be able to get away with wearing.

Silver rhinestone flip flops thongs sandals shoes 7 - (eBay.ca item 360109534704 end time 28-Nov-08 12:55:57 EST)

Bottom two are definitely out because they are too flexible...don't get me wrong I like them, but my darn feet wouldn't.

You know I never thought of searching eBay for shoes. Will have to do that when I get home from work tonight. Thanks so much.

Michelle

Hey...I was wondering if you had seen any of the "YOU" styles by CROCS?

I don't know much about your condition, but...CROCS have extra padding in the ball of the foot and heel areas, and every pair I've worn has been extremely comfortable...

Now they have this new line...YOU...and they are fashiony!

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-1201-4-fren...tegories=3,123

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-1209-4-mona...tegories=3,123

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-112-4-sassa...tegories=3,123

The heels might still be too high for you, but you could always try this:

mykonos metallic | YOU by crocs? | Crocs, Inc.

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-1207-4-kona...tegories=3,122

I could be WAY off here, but just thought of them...and thought you might benefit from them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellb View Post
Thanks montegobay09...out of those...the following would be about the only ones I may be able to get away with wearing.

Silver rhinestone flip flops thongs sandals shoes 7 - (eBay.ca item 360109534704 end time 28-Nov-08 12:55:57 EST)

Bottom two are definitely out because they are too flexible...don't get me wrong I like them, but my darn feet wouldn't.

You know I never thought of searching eBay for shoes. Will have to do that when I get home from work tonight. Thanks so much.

Michelle
Haha, those are the ones I boughtbut in white!! I have an extremely high arch and have always had problems with my feet so I know how you feel. They also sell that shoe in gold and in bronze as well.