Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Hi Everyone! I also will be getting married somewhere else, actually the other excellence resort in Riviera Maya, and honeymooning at EPM. I have heard a lot of comments that it is incredibly buggy there, a lot of mosquitoes. Has anyone else had this experience? It is such a beautiful location and I am really excited about the oceanfront roof top terrace, but mosquitoes could ruin that. Thank you for your help.

Hey ladies! I've been away for a month and so happy to get back planning! Hello to all the brides I dont know, smile03.gif I am getting married on 5-22-10. I just ordered invitations..so excited to get them out! Question I want to plan a group activites for my guests probably about 20 people...any suggestions free or paid? I am thinking of a meet in greet in the lobby bar the Thur or Friday b4 the wedding and i think a group outing or activity I think would really help people get to know one antoher. Also for the gift/welcome bags....so far my ideas are suntan lotion, bug spray, neosporin, fans, flip flops (mayb)...any other suggestions. When I get enough points I will post decoration options...Yamina emailed me a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thope View Post
Hey ladies! I've been away for a month and so happy to get back planning! Hello to all the brides I dont know, smile03.gif I am getting married on 5-22-10. I just ordered invitations..so excited to get them out! Question I want to plan a group activites for my guests probably about 20 people...any suggestions free or paid? I am thinking of a meet in greet in the lobby bar the Thur or Friday b4 the wedding and i think a group outing or activity I think would really help people get to know one antoher. Also for the gift/welcome bags....so far my ideas are suntan lotion, bug spray, neosporin, fans, flip flops (mayb)...any other suggestions. When I get enough points I will post decoration options...Yamina emailed me a ton.
Hey there! Hope you are well. This thread has been pretty dead lately. Congrats on getting your invitations!

Group Activity: I chartered a private catarmaran through cancun catamarans for a snorkeling booze cruise. We are doing that the afternoon before the wedding in lieu of a traditional rehearsal dinner.

Gift Bags: I am putting the following items in my bags - Personalized Beach Towel in wedding colors, Tide To Go stick, Aloe sunburn relief, "Wake Up Call" hangover relief pills, a bag of mini chocolate shells and I am making a welcome book to also put into the bag.

DJ: I saw your question to Lauren so I figured I'd put in my .02..... I hired my DJ to play music a half hour before the ceremony, provide a sound system for the ceremony, I am using the mariachi band at the cocktail hour so during this time the DJ will move his set up from the beach to the Spice Terrace and then I have the DJ forth reception.

Quote:
Hey Lauren question about your dj...did he play music for everything ceremony coctail and reception also when did you use the mariachi band?
Hey Traci,
My DJ played for the reception only. Really everything happens so fast that you dont need all the extra time with the DJ. My wedding guest arrive ontime because they were at the resort, if you give the sound people your ipod with music for before the ceremony they will play it for you. I could see you needing someone to play music for a long duration of time prior to the wedding, if you plan on being late. But really its a destination wedding you have all day to get ready there's no reason to be late. The maraichi played for the cocktail hour and my guest enjoyed them. So although my DJ was set up and ready to go at 7:00. He didnt begin to play our music until 8:00 at the reception. Hope I gave you what you needed.

Also, I had a cocktail reception at the lobby bar on the day of our arrival. That is the only other scheduled activity I had for me guest where I gave out my welcome bags.

When you plan on scheduled activities you need to keep in mind your staying at a resort in the middle of no-where essentially, which will require transportation for your guest. I really tried to keep scheduled activities to a minimum, so that people could enjoy their vacation. But I as should say for the whole process I was trying to respect otherpeoples desires and not be a control freak. So what you do is really up to you. As I put it we lived off the land, and my guest from both sides of our families really got to know each other.

Lauren

Hi Ladies,

We started out searching for locations in Barbados, but after attending my sister's wedding on Isla Mujeres a few weeks ago, we are now getting married in Playa Mujeres at the La Amada - next door to the EPM. We have families coming and wanted a smaller resort, so we thought LA was perfect, even though we haven't been. I'm borrowing ideas from this thread because it seems there aren't many brides who've married at the La Amada. It's a new property. Did any of you go by there when you were at EPM?

Quote:
Thanks Lauren and Jennifer, Jennifer what is a tide to go stick? Lauren did you have food served at your pre-cocktail hour or did everyone just meet? Gracias ladies!

We just had drinks, We took over half the lobby bar but there is enough seating and its air-conditioned. Then, I gave everyone the chance to eat where they wanted. I thought most people would want to try and find what they wanted to eat. But I found that most wanted to eat together so we were able to get two tables at spice. Getting a large enough table was usually harder, but now impossible. It just requires them to take the time to push tables together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathleen10 View Post
I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but here is the letter that we sent out with the save the date magnet.
Hi,

My name is Valerie. I am in the beginning stages of planning a 2010 wedding at Playa Mujeres. Could you email me a copy of the letter you sent out with your save the dates? I am having trouble accessing some of the pdf files people have posted on here, could be because I am new to the site.

anyway if you dont mind, my email is valeriefearns@gmail.com

Thanks! Happy Planning!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Valerie! I didnt send out a letter..so good luck. I did e save the dates through weddingwindow then invitations. I think I will possibly send a letter out over the holidays let me know if you get any good ideas. When is your wedding I am 5-22-2010.