Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

MsBlissMpls...just stunning! Fantastic idea about bringing the flowers and candles back to the room! I've got to meet this Edgar guy!

We leave in 5 days!!! Started packing today....we're traveling like the freakin' Howell's from Gilligan's Island! 

Nayeli promised our budget by Saturday...guess what?? Didn't get it yet...this is taking years off my life!! I should make a budget for her and tell her we've decided on our own prices...that might get a response!

Love that idea. You would probably get a response ASAP!

Originally Posted by May12 View Post

MsBlissMpls...just stunning! Fantastic idea about bringing the flowers and candles back to the room! I've got to meet this Edgar guy!

We leave in 5 days!!! Started packing today....we're traveling like the freakin' Howell's from Gilligan's Island! 

Nayeli promised our budget by Saturday...guess what?? Didn't get it yet...this is taking years off my life!! I should make a budget for her and tell her we've decided on our own prices...that might get a response!

Hey Ladies!

We just got back from our 12 day stay and are totally bummed to be home. We were married Sunday, April 29 and had no problems with the wedding planner not working that day. N may be off, but we were assigned to Lleny when we got there. We never met N. I never received my planner before we left, but I had sent all of our selections before hand (about 6 weeks) and they had everything correct when we met. My biggest problem was that they did not have time to meet with us when we got there. This was problematic because we HAD to meet to do paperwork for a legal ceremony. It took 4 phone calls and 4 hours after our arrival for us to get in touch with someone from the weddings department. Our other issue was with our OOT bags. Not all of them went out and one was never delivered. I was not so happy about that as there is a $4/bag delivery charge. 

My biggest piece of advice is do not stress over the details after you set your date. Mail you options to them 6 weeks before (I never got any response) and trust that they have them. You all will get there a few days before the wedding to finalize the details. You will drive yourself CRAZY if you stress over not hearing from them and tiny specific details.

As MsBliss said, the flowers come late. We didn't get ours until 10 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start. 

We worked with Adrian Herrera for photography. Book him now! He is amazing and is only going to get better. 

The resort is amazing and you will have an AMAZING time. 

Hi Ladies!

We just got back a couple days ago from our wedding/honeymoon. The place was FANTASTIC!!! We were married April 28th. I have to say that EVERYTHING went wrong up until the moment I walked down the aisle. Once everything started, the wedding was beautiful and everyone had an amazing time. 

We never met our wedding planner.. she didn't bother to show up. We dealt with Lleny who honestly messed everything up... things would have ran so much better if we would have just done things ourselves. An hour before the ceremony was to start, she delivered our flowers. I tried so hard not to cry when she brought them in. We had met with her 2 days before to go over final details.. I told her our colors were pinks and purples..I wanted hot pinks and all shades of purple and that I wanted those colors for all the flowers. I specifically said I did not want any white flowers in the bouquets because LOVE color and didn't want it to blend in with my dress. She brought me white, baby pink and... dyed TURQUOISE roses. The combination looked horrific.  I was trying to be nice and I told although the flowers were "nice" they were NOT the colors that we discussed in our meeting... she literally SHRUGGED! She continued to show me the other flowers.. my husband was supposed to have a hot pink boutonieer... instead it was ivory. The flowers for the cake were supposed to be hotpink... instead they were half dead looking ivory orchids. I again tried to tell her that I wanted hotpink and she said... "there is light pink in the middle of the flower" She never even attempted to work with me. She walked out of my room and left me there with the most hideous looking flowers. I calmly called my Mom and she came running to the rescue. She called Lleny and told her we had a problem and that she needed to fix the colors. Lleny told my Mother that I said I loved the flowers and that I told her they were perfect. I think once she accused me of lying, I had had enough. She came back to the room and tried telling me that no one had pink flowers. that all I could get was ivory. I was furious at that point... It takes so much to get me angry. I refused the ivory and told her that I wanted nothing but pink or purple. She seemed extremely annoyed with me. At this point, I didn't care, I think when you have been communicating exactly what you want for 14 months, you should be able to get what you ask for. Especially when it was verified two days before.

My suggestion is that YOU keep all the wedding items you bring with you and appoint one of your people to set things up. Things would have went so much more smooth if we would have had our own timeline and set things up ourselves. She forgot everything we gave her for our wedding... our usher had to track her down and get everything for our ceremony. She didn't set up anything for our sand ceremony, our programs, our flowers, the guys boutonieers were never delivered. Our wedding was over a half an hour late because no one could find her, and she had all our flowers and everything with her.  During this time, the curtains blew off of the bamboo arch on the beach, so my groom and one of our groomsmen were using a safety pin and a rock to nail the thing down!

I have to say, I am so thankful that I was only dealing with the flower issues up in my room and that I didn't know what was happening on the beach, I would have probably had a real meltdown. We used Juan Navarro for our photographer and all I can say is WOW!!! He was SO helpful and amazing. Lleny forgot to come and get me in the room before the ceremony, Juan was the one who called her and told her she forgot her bride... he also ran out and got the post cards for our reception guest book that lleny was supposed to bring.. but never did. Not to mention the PICTURES!!! He is a real artist. I can't wait to get all of them so I can show you how beautiful it turned out.

I know it sounds like I am complaining... I can honestly say, once our wedding started, it was perfect... Our best friend officiated the wedding and it was incredible, the flowers were delivered and miraculously.. they DID have pink and purple flowers... I was even ok with the occassional white rose in the mix.  The waitstaff at the reception went above and beyond! They were so nice! We also had DJ Mannia.. he was great!!! Played exactly the kind of music we love. We had a ton of guest compliment us on the music choices. At the end of the reception (it was cut almost an hour short because Lleny was so late ,that was the biggest bummer of all) We set off sky lanterns... which if any of you future brides have plans to take them... you no longer can. We are probably to blame for that! SO SORRY!!! The wind carried them off and it set field fires! They were able to put them out! lol

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have... like I said... the wedding was beautiful.. we had a great time... and more importantly... our guests were not aware of the issues we had. For any future brides, make sure you stand your ground when it comes to what you want. And don't be afraid to speak up!! It will all work out in the end..because at the end of the day, you get to marry your best friend..

I wanted to meet you!!! We saw you get married from our balcony.. you looked beautiful! :)

Originally Posted by LauraR597 View Post

Hey Ladies!

We just got back from our 12 day stay and are totally bummed to be home. We were married Sunday, April 29 and had no problems with the wedding planner not working that day. N may be off, but we were assigned to Lleny when we got there. We never met N. I never received my planner before we left, but I had sent all of our selections before hand (about 6 weeks) and they had everything correct when we met. My biggest problem was that they did not have time to meet with us when we got there. This was problematic because we HAD to meet to do paperwork for a legal ceremony. It took 4 phone calls and 4 hours after our arrival for us to get in touch with someone from the weddings department. Our other issue was with our OOT bags. Not all of them went out and one was never delivered. I was not so happy about that as there is a $4/bag delivery charge. 

My biggest piece of advice is do not stress over the details after you set your date. Mail you options to them 6 weeks before (I never got any response) and trust that they have them. You all will get there a few days before the wedding to finalize the details. You will drive yourself CRAZY if you stress over not hearing from them and tiny specific details.

As MsBliss said, the flowers come late. We didn't get ours until 10 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start. 

We worked with Adrian Herrera for photography. Book him now! He is amazing and is only going to get better. 

The resort is amazing and you will have an AMAZING time. 

Originally Posted by Brennas View Post

Hi Ladies!

We just got back a couple days ago from our wedding/honeymoon. The place was FANTASTIC!!! We were married April 28th. I have to say that EVERYTHING went wrong up until the moment I walked down the aisle. Once everything started, the wedding was beautiful and everyone had an amazing time. 

We never met our wedding planner.. she didn't bother to show up. We dealt with Lleny who honestly messed everything up... things would have ran so much better if we would have just done things ourselves. An hour before the ceremony was to start, she delivered our flowers. I tried so hard not to cry when she brought them in. We had met with her 2 days before to go over final details.. I told her our colors were pinks and purples..I wanted hot pinks and all shades of purple and that I wanted those colors for all the flowers. I specifically said I did not want any white flowers in the bouquets because LOVE color and didn't want it to blend in with my dress. She brought me white, baby pink and... dyed TURQUOISE roses. The combination looked horrific.  I was trying to be nice and I told although the flowers were "nice" they were NOT the colors that we discussed in our meeting... she literally SHRUGGED! She continued to show me the other flowers.. my husband was supposed to have a hot pink boutonieer... instead it was ivory. The flowers for the cake were supposed to be hotpink... instead they were half dead looking ivory orchids. I again tried to tell her that I wanted hotpink and she said... "there is light pink in the middle of the flower" She never even attempted to work with me. She walked out of my room and left me there with the most hideous looking flowers. I calmly called my Mom and she came running to the rescue. She called Lleny and told her we had a problem and that she needed to fix the colors. Lleny told my Mother that I said I loved the flowers and that I told her they were perfect. I think once she accused me of lying, I had had enough. She came back to the room and tried telling me that no one had pink flowers. that all I could get was ivory. I was furious at that point... It takes so much to get me angry. I refused the ivory and told her that I wanted nothing but pink or purple. She seemed extremely annoyed with me. At this point, I didn't care, I think when you have been communicating exactly what you want for 14 months, you should be able to get what you ask for. Especially when it was verified two days before.

My suggestion is that YOU keep all the wedding items you bring with you and appoint one of your people to set things up. Things would have went so much more smooth if we would have had our own timeline and set things up ourselves. She forgot everything we gave her for our wedding... our usher had to track her down and get everything for our ceremony. She didn't set up anything for our sand ceremony, our programs, our flowers, the guys boutonieers were never delivered. Our wedding was over a half an hour late because no one could find her, and she had all our flowers and everything with her.  During this time, the curtains blew off of the bamboo arch on the beach, so my groom and one of our groomsmen were using a safety pin and a rock to nail the thing down!

I have to say, I am so thankful that I was only dealing with the flower issues up in my room and that I didn't know what was happening on the beach, I would have probably had a real meltdown. We used Juan Navarro for our photographer and all I can say is WOW!!! He was SO helpful and amazing. Lleny forgot to come and get me in the room before the ceremony, Juan was the one who called her and told her she forgot her bride... he also ran out and got the post cards for our reception guest book that lleny was supposed to bring.. but never did. Not to mention the PICTURES!!! He is a real artist. I can't wait to get all of them so I can show you how beautiful it turned out.

I know it sounds like I am complaining... I can honestly say, once our wedding started, it was perfect... Our best friend officiated the wedding and it was incredible, the flowers were delivered and miraculously.. they DID have pink and purple flowers... I was even ok with the occassional white rose in the mix.  The waitstaff at the reception went above and beyond! They were so nice! We also had DJ Mannia.. he was great!!! Played exactly the kind of music we love. We had a ton of guest compliment us on the music choices. At the end of the reception (it was cut almost an hour short because Lleny was so late ,that was the biggest bummer of all) We set off sky lanterns... which if any of you future brides have plans to take them... you no longer can. We are probably to blame for that! SO SORRY!!! The wind carried them off and it set field fires! They were able to put them out! lol

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have... like I said... the wedding was beautiful.. we had a great time... and more importantly... our guests were not aware of the issues we had. For any future brides, make sure you stand your ground when it comes to what you want. And don't be afraid to speak up!! It will all work out in the end..because at the end of the day, you get to marry your best friend..

Congratulations on your wedding! I'm so sorry things went the way they did, but you have the perfect attitude! I'm glad you stood your ground and made them switch out the flowers. I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

How many guests did you have? Did you do one of the packages and if so which one? Would it be possible to see your planner to get an estimate on the pricing for certain items?

Lynn

Originally Posted by danak71 View Post

Congratulations on your wedding! I'm so sorry things went the way they did, but you have the perfect attitude! I'm glad you stood your ground and made them switch out the flowers. I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

How many guests did you have? Did you do one of the packages and if so which one? Would it be possible to see your planner to get an estimate on the pricing for certain items?

Lynn

Thank you!!! We had 27 guests.. I did the gold package, I never got my wedding planner. I have my receipt from the wedding I would be happy to tell you what things cost... just let me know what you need. I just posted a couple of pics the guests took. Still waiting oh so patiently for the professional ones! :)