Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#881 JenFL

JenFL
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

I'm March 10, 2012

#882 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

Congratulations JenFL!! How far along are you with planning?

#883 JenFL

JenFL
      • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

Hmm lets see. I have a date, colors, and that's about it :)

I'm designing and making my own invites for the wedding shower (9/2011) and wedding (3/2012) and AHR (4/2012) so I've been looking for things with that but haven't ordered any supplies yet.

I've been collecting pictures of dresses I like but haven't tried anything on yet - I'm dreading it

Hopefully I'm not too far behind yet

#884 Sharon99

Sharon99
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

Wow good for you! I am not crafty at all! Sounds like you are on track to me. Have you chosen where you are doing the reception?

I don't have much planned either.

I just ordered my STD. I have been saving pictures for dresses I like too. There is a thread on here where people post their dresses & I keep changing my mind on what I want after seeing some of the great dresses posted. I will definitely have a hard time picking out a dress!

What colors are you going with? I thought I was going with Orange & Fuchsia but now I am thinking yellow with some other color. Undecided as usual!

Happy planning!!

Originally Posted by JenFL 

Hmm lets see. I have a date, colors, and that's about it :)

I'm designing and making my own invites for the wedding shower (9/2011) and wedding (3/2012) and AHR (4/2012) so I've been looking for things with that but haven't ordered any supplies yet.

I've been collecting pictures of dresses I like but haven't tried anything on yet - I'm dreading it

Hopefully I'm not too far behind yet

#885 McCarty2B

McCarty2B
          • 13 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hi!  Is anyone getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres late August or September 2011?  We are getting married there on September 3rd.

Has anyone done a catamaran cruise reception instead of the typical sit-down meal?  If so, do you recommend the company you went with and did you have to provide any extra entertainment on the boat ride?

#886 Sharon99

Sharon99
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Had to change our date to May. Hopefully it's not super hot!

#887 SparkleSun

SparkleSun
              • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:17 AM

Im leaving in a couple days for my wedding.  The weather forecast says rain all week and on the day :(    I'll update when I get back!

#888 Sharon99

Sharon99
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

aww Congratulations!! Don't worry I went last year & the forecast called for rain everyday too but it only showered 1 day in the morning then by the afternoon it was sunny! I hope everything is beautiful for you! If it does rain, its good luck and the gazebo is beautiful too!

Can't wait to hear about your special day! 

#889 JenFL

JenFL
                  • 49 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:44 AM

FYI - for all the 2012 girls - the rates are out for that year.

I was a little shocked as they went up a lot more than I thought. Are there group discounts?

#890 SparkleSun

SparkleSun
                    • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

Thanks Sharon :)

Jen- I just had a look and didn't see a huge difference in the price.  Maybe I was looking in the wrong place?  Either way, I know that you can get a small discount by taking a block of 10 rooms and you get some other perks along with that.  We didnt end up going that route even though we ended up with 16 rooms.  But you can negotiate the rate through a travel agent, we used Laura Sangster, to get yourself a little break.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users