Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#661 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoustonBride10/31/10
    Does anyone know if we can travel with sparklers to Mexico? Thanks!
    No, you can't even take a party poppa. Sorry.

You could maybe email the wedding coordinator and ask if they know of any places in Cancun that have sparklers.

#662 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
    • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:49 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by scrose View Post
      I'm getting married on a Friday...wonder what the show is that night? How do you know?
      email Yamina, she should be able to let you know what shows/special dinners are on each night.

#663 Heather7877

Heather7877
      • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Only 96 days until our wedding. October 30th at 3pm. I see some of you are getting married around the same time. Can't wait to meet Yamina...she is wonderful in emails and on the phone. How is everyone getting OOT bags down there? I heard that you can't take too many gifts through customs otherwise you are taxed for them. Anyone know anything about this?

#664 Snickers

Snickers
        • 193 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

I am doing monogrammed beach towels for everyone. We are bringing them down in an extra piece of luggage. As far I as I can tell you need to bring receipts with you when you go to customs and then most people don't have too many issues.

#665 uhleesa

uhleesa
          • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

Is anyone planning on having their reception on the event terrace? Yamina told me that we could have our reception there or at Barcelona Restaurant. The pictures she sent me don't really give a good sense of what either looks like, so if anyone has visited already your feedback would be appreciated! =)

#666 ncarolinadaisy

ncarolinadaisy
            • 95 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

Does anyone know of the other options for the ceremony in case of rain?

October 28th 2010
              EPM Here We Come!!
              www.justproposed.com/benandmelissa/

#667 Snickers

Snickers
              • 193 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

The only place I have seen when it is raining is the terrace for Spice and it was beautiful.

#668 Supersonic

Supersonic
                • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by scrose 

For any of you ladies that have been there (or for anyone who has paid more attention to the info online)...

Are any of the resort bars fun, party, dance-y bars? I am just wondering what we are going to do after dinner, etc. the wedding night. We are just doing an a la carte cocktail hour and then I was going to make a reservation for the group for dinner (we will only have about 15 people)...then what?

Hello Scrose:

We got engaged on the beach last August  at EPM and now we are going back to get married there on 9.3.10.  You will love it! We are only having 15 guests as well so we are doing our ceremony at 5:00 on the beach, then cocktail hour at the X-Lounge (it is right on the beach near the ceremony, very nice for your guest while you take pictures), we are doing a private reception at Agave. There is a disco and they do have live shows, we thought that we could just head over to disco after dinner. One tip for you, buildings #7 & #8 face the theater and the shows go until 10:30 or 11:00, it is really loud and if you are in your room wanting to be romantic. Let me know if you have any other questions I am happy to help.

Take Care,

Shanna

#669 scrose

scrose
                  • 34 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

She didn't offer the X Lounge as a cocktail hour site, but I think we are doing it in the Revive Bar which she said was also on the beach.  

Thoughts?  

Thanks for the tip about the buildings...I'll try to make sure we don't get put over there.  

#670 Supersonic

Supersonic
                    • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:35 AM

I requested the X Lounge, that is where we went after my fiance proposed to me on the beach, so I thought it would be nice after the ceremony.  :-)

The Revive Bar, if I am remembering correctly, is just across from the X Lounge, a bit closer to the pool area, that would be very nice.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Smiles,
                      Shanna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users