Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#591 aeluzu

aeluzu
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrose
    We are having a party at a Mexican restaurant here in town a few weeks after we get back, and I have found a few fun things to add to that, but otherwise, I am going pretty low key.

One question....has anyone heard good/bad things about the hair/makeup people in the EPM spa? I plan on letting them do mine but am a little nervous...
    Having a party at a Mexican restaurant is such a fun idea! I like that it sticks with the theme.

I've read this entire thread and I'm pretty sure that only one of the ladies has commented on hair/makeup. I can't be sure but I want to say that it was Mesita and she had nothing but good to say!
    Amanda & Marc
    June 11th, 2011
    EPM! Are you ready for us?

#592 aeluzu

aeluzu
    • 212 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by HoustonBride10/31/10
      Just heard back from Yamina - no adapters necessary! She said the hotel has them.

Anyone thinking about doing flip flops for everyone in the OOT bag? I am getting married on the beach so heels aren't really an option...
      Thanks for letting us know! That'll save you a little on the OOT bags
      I thought about doing flip flops, but the only thing that holds me back is sizing. I guess if you have a fairly small guest list it would be easy enough to get shoe sizes. But, I kind of like the idea of completely surprising the guests with the OOTs & contents.
      Amanda & Marc
      June 11th, 2011
      EPM! Are you ready for us?

#593 ncarolinadaisy

ncarolinadaisy
      • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
        I am going pretty simple - this is my 2nd wedding, so I have done all the rigamarole before and wanted a destination so I DONT have to mess with favors, etc. :)

We will only have around 12-15 coming, I may do a small OOT bag, but nothing fancy.

We got a suit for my fiancee last weekend and I am in the process of deciding on a dress, then I am ready to not have to do much til October! :)

We are having a party at a Mexican restaurant here in town a few weeks after we get back, and I have found a few fun things to add to that, but otherwise, I am going pretty low key.

One question....has anyone heard good/bad things about the hair/makeup people in the EPM spa? I plan on letting them do mine but am a little nervous...
        I am wondering the same thing about hair/make-up. I don't want to look like a circus clown on my wedding day.
        October 28th 2010
        EPM Here We Come!!
        www.justproposed.com/benandmelissa/

#594 HoustonBride10/31/10

HoustonBride10/31/10
        • 37 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ncarolinadaisy
          I am wondering the same thing about hair/make-up. I don't want to look like a circus clown on my wedding day.
          I think you can pay for a test-run the day before, but what I plan to do is have my makeup and hair done around noon (wedding is at 5pm), and if it's atrocious, I'll have plenty of time to go back to my room and redo/undo it myself with my friends' help.

Are you planning to bring your own makeup for them to apply, or let them use their own? I think bringing your own stuff minimizes the likelihood of something going wrong...

#595 rpingree001

rpingree001
          • 264 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

I love this resort!!! If I hadn't gone there with a previous boyfriend before my fiance - I would totally be getting married here!!! Congrats!

#596 ncarolinadaisy

ncarolinadaisy
            • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

Oh I will def. have my make up on hand! I am going to just keep my fingers crossed!
              October 28th 2010
              EPM Here We Come!!

#597 scrose

scrose
              • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

Has anyone seen a price list from the spa? The menu online doesn't list them. I emailed, but haven't heard back yet.

#598 anandres

anandres
                • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

If you go to the Mille Spa Menu page from the EPM website and look on the right side, there is a link to the price list in pdf format.

#599 ncarolinadaisy

ncarolinadaisy
                  • 95 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
                    Has anyone seen a price list from the spa? The menu online doesn't list them. I emailed, but haven't heard back yet.
                    I have a copy that Yamina sent me if you would like me to email it to you. Prices are pretty standard. What you would expect in the US. I was surprised!
                    October 28th 2010
                    EPM Here We Come!!

#600 scrose

scrose
                    • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

Thanks so much, ladies, I found it! For those of you getting married in October, when do you arrive? We are staying til the 20th, so I was wondering if there was any overlap! :)

As laid back as I was after we booked, now that it's only about 3 months away, I keep thinking of all these details!! :)

Anyone planned with their photog when to take pics? Before/After the ceremony? May depend on the number of guests/family/bridesmaids...since mine is so small, we are keeping it pretty minimal to save money.

We have had a few more people add on to our group, so I am going to add a cocktail hour now (we were just doing the basic package before) - we can either use the Revive Bar or the Spice Terrace. I'm thinking the Revive - our whole wedding theme is sort of casual Mexico vibe, and even though the Spice is indoors and air conditioned, it just doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the style of our wedding.

Any insight? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users