Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#2861 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

Insiders

• Insiders
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

Hi Ladies,

Both of the Excellence Resorts have a lot of similarities in the way the lobby bar is set up with that impressive lobby and entry, and the way the rooms are set up and configured.

Differences in location.. Excellence Playa Mujeres is north of the airport, and to get there you are driving through a more of a neighborhood and city... PM is a very up and coming area though, with great beach and protected from waves by the fact that Isla Mujeres sits right off the coast. If anyone is interested in doing whale shark tour or other sailing trip you are right next to the little La Amada Marina so convenient for that...

Excellence RC is south, and a straight shot on the highway to get there.. maybe a little quicker drive.

Both are equal in wedding venues, great restaurants, and entertainment.

If you would like photos just let me know... Wright Travel has a great relationship with Excellence group and can also help if you are not getting prompt reply from the wedding department if you are not receiving quick replies.

TA Wendy

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#2862 malyna

malyna
    • 346 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

@jenniferleigh1122 EPM does not allow bonfires :(

#2863 malyna

malyna
    • 346 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

@Abbie0910

Hi! Weird question, but where and when did your photographer that you brought in eat?

#2864 Ledwcn44

Ledwcn44
    • 2 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 8, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Playa Mujeres, Mexico
    • LocationWestchester, NY

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

Hi Brides!!

I'm so so so happy & ecstatic to have found this site & thread. It has been a lifesaver!

My fiance and I are newly engaged, from NY, & planning our wedding for Oct 8, 2016 @ EPM. I will definitely be following these posts especially @kellyrene, to see how your big day went!! (Congratulations, but the time you read this!)

I'll be posting future questions, etc & opinions.

Thanks ladies!! xox

#2865 EJanfsk

EJanfsk
    • 4 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 22, 2016
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hi!

My wedding is in January and it's that time for me to fill out the questionnaire.

I know that food preference is subjective but does anyone have any suggestions regarding the food at the reception?

We loved the food we had in Excellence Punta Cana but hated the food we had at the wedding there. Unfortunately I think we would choose the same menu for our wedding in Playa Mujeres. I've started telling guests to eat first. But that's a horrible thing considering we have to pay extra. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions?

Also, Has anyone used the in house photography company?

Thanks for input!

#2866 AshleyRupple

AshleyRupple
    • 2 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 23, 2016
    • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

@EJanfsk what did your friends choose for the meal at their Excellence Punta Cana wedding?

Our wedding coordinator has asked us to think about what we would like to have served as well - and I'm undecided. Since we have decided to have our reception on the beach and will have between 70-80 people, I think a buffet setup would probably be better than a plated meal.

Our coordinator recommended that we choose one of the buffet options with the open grills because it looks really beachy / fun. Hopefully this isn't what your friend had! :)

For photography, I looked through some of the resort's photographers' albums and ultimately chose FineArt Studio.

Edited by AshleyRupple, 03 November 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#2867 malyna

malyna
    • 346 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

@EJanfsk I'm getting married there next week if you want a food review, we chose the avocado soup, the citrus salad, the beef and scallop entree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by malyna, 05 November 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#2868 EJanfsk

EJanfsk
    • 4 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 22, 2016
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:56 AM

@AshleyRupple that is not what they had. I think a buffet option sounds great! We are only having about 40 people so I don't think they would let us do that. 

@malyna, Next week? Congrats! I can't wait to hear how that menu works out. The beef and scallop entree is the only option we were considering too. 

Thanks!

Edited by EJanfsk, 06 November 2015 - 05:57 AM.

#2869 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:12 AM

@EJanfsk I'm getting married there next week if you want a food review, we chose the avocado soup, the citrus salad, the beef and scallop entree

oh yay your time has come!! Good luck and please come back with your review and lots of pics!!! Congrats

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#2870 malyna

malyna
    • 346 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

Hey Everyone! Wedding was wonderful :) It rained during the evening, which was disappointing to have the reception inside, but it was perfect otherwise. I guess that's what I get for planning a wedding toward the end of hurricane season. lol. here's some pics the photog put up already, feel free to private message me with any questions as I probably won't be visiting the forums as often... I will post a detailed review once I write it up.

though a lot of the photos are the same on both sites, there are some on the blog that aren't on fb and vice versa

http://halkettphotog...g-malyna-chris/

https://www.facebook...14846230&type=3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users