Jump to content

Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!


  • Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#2351 Jass7

Jass7
  • Jr. Member
  • 187 posts

    Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

    We also did TTD session! I had asked N if we can bring our outside photographer another day for TTD and she told me we could but we would need to pay another $500 vendor fee. I was shocked and told her I would do it somewhere else. Geez!

     

    Our TTD was at Isla Blanca, which was about 25 minutes north from the resort. And the place was very secluded and so gorgeous! Our photographer picked us up in the early morning, while it was still dark so we could be at the beach before the sunrise. Ahh the sunrise was amazing, and we had a lot of fun playing in the water and rolling in the sand. I can't wait to see those pictures. We had those done with Daniel and Fabio from Juan Navarro's team. They were great to work with. And I knew I picked the right team when Daniel told me he scouted the area the day before and thought that place was way to go. I'm so glad I trusted him.



    #2352 Jass7

    Jass7
    • Jr. Member
    • 187 posts

      Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

      Originally Posted by KlazNov17 

      I am so sad!  The CECO Terrace where we wanted to have our reception is not available so we have to have it on the Spice Terrace.  Has anyone had their reception there?  Is it as pretty as the CECO Terrace?  Thats what I get for not reserving it sooner.  6 weeks away and starting to get excited and now this. 

       

      Spice Terrace is beyond gorgeous! That's where we had our reception, and we loved it. I too couldn't reserve until 1 month prior to the wedding.



      #2353 KlazNov17

      KlazNov17
      • Site Supporter
      • 36 posts

        Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

        Originally Posted by Jass7 

         

        Spice Terrace is beyond gorgeous! That's where we had our reception, and we loved it. I too couldn't reserve until 1 month prior to the wedding.

        Thanks Jass!  Im sure it will be perfect.  I am just a little confused as to why it is already taken.  Oh well.  I am learning not to sweat the small stuff and with 38 days to go I seem to be telling myself that more and more.  Your pictures are beautiful!  I am so happy for you!  I hope your husband is doing better!



        #2354 Jass7

        Jass7
        • Jr. Member
        • 187 posts

          Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

          Originally Posted by KlazNov17 

          Thanks Jass!  Im sure it will be perfect.  I am just a little confused as to why it is already taken.  Oh well.  I am learning not to sweat the small stuff and with 38 days to go I seem to be telling myself that more and more.  Your pictures are beautiful!  I am so happy for you!  I hope your husband is doing better!

          Thank you KlazNov17!

           

          I'm not sure why Ceco is already taken. What time is your wedding? It could be that there is another wedding there that day. On my day, which was a Thursday, there was a bride getting married at 3pm, which I didn't find out until I saw her at the Spa. My wedding was at 5pm, so I am glad that I was able to reserve Spice Terrace. Seriously, you will have a great time at the terrace. The area is somewhat private. Check it out when you get there.

           

          How big is your wedding?



          #2355 KlazNov17

          KlazNov17
          • Site Supporter
          • 36 posts

            Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

            Originally Posted by Jass7 

            Thank you KlazNov17!

             

            I'm not sure why Ceco is already taken. What time is your wedding? It could be that there is another wedding there that day. On my day, which was a Thursday, there was a bride getting married at 3pm, which I didn't find out until I saw her at the Spa. My wedding was at 5pm, so I am glad that I was able to reserve Spice Terrace. Seriously, you will have a great time at the terrace. The area is somewhat private. Check it out when you get there.

             

            How big is your wedding?

            There is another wedding that day before mine.  Mine starts at 4.  I think that it will be better in the long run that it's at Spice Terrace because we are having a small wedding.  There are 20 of us total.  I just liked the CECO because of the fountains and how open it is.  That might be better for a larger group though.  Did you use the provided ceremony music or did you bring your own?  I think we are just going to go with what they have but I am wondering what it sounds like.  I am getting so excited!  Did you and your husband do any of the activities or any excursions while you were there?  anything you would recommend??



            #2356 Ally Marquis

            Ally Marquis
            • Newbie
            • 38 posts

              Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

              We used the spice terrace for our reception.  It ended up raining on our wedding day, so we used the inside of the restaurant.  but we went out there to dance.  i would recommend the spice terrace. 



              #2357 KlazNov17

              KlazNov17
              • Site Supporter
              • 36 posts

                Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

                Originally Posted by Ally Marquis 

                We used the spice terrace for our reception.  It ended up raining on our wedding day, so we used the inside of the restaurant.  but we went out there to dance.  i would recommend the spice terrace. 

                Thanks Ally!  I am starting to feel better about it now.  I doubt there is a place at the resort that isnt beautiful!



                #2358 LSW002

                LSW002
                • Newbie
                • 10 posts

                  Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

                  I just recently got engaged, and am pretty set on having me wedding at EPM. It won't be until either August or September of 2014, but I was wondering if you booked your rooms first, or found out if your preferred date was availble? I don't want to book the room and then find out that the date I wanted isn't availble!

                   

                  Thanks!



                  #2359 Lyman

                  Lyman
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 262 posts

                    Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

                    Congrats LSW002! I don't think you can ever book too soon, and advocate booking asap - as soon as your dates are firmed up - to avoid the disappointment of your first choices not being available.

                     

                    As long as you're booked in, there is always the possibility of changing some details later as plans evolve, but the "main piece" of it is "locked down" and reserved for your preferred dates.

                    Plus it makes for much greater peace of mind - at least in my experience. :)

                     

                    Enjoy your planning process, and wishing you all the best with creating the wedding you've always dreamed of! Good Luck :)



                    #2360 Amanda Gardner

                    Amanda Gardner
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 200 posts

                      Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

                      I just recently got engaged, and am pretty set on having me wedding at EPM. It won't be until either August or September of 2014, but I was wondering if you booked your rooms first, or found out if your preferred date was availble? I don't want to book the room and then find out that the date I wanted isn't availble! Thanks!

                      If you have a preferred date secure it first and the earlier the better in my experience.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users