Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#2211 2012BeachBride

2012BeachBride
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Klaznov17, We were quoted 2 diff prices for dj mannia, (originally $1200 for 3 hours) but the last I heard from N was $900 for 3 hours and add $500 for the lighted dance floor. The dj has a menu of items you can add on as well for additional cost. Hope this helps! Ps we are getting married on the same date!

#2212 KlazNov17

KlazNov17
    • Site Supporter
    • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2012BeachBride 

Klaznov17,
      We were quoted 2 diff prices for dj mannia, (originally $1200 for 3 hours) but the last I heard from N was $900 for 3 hours and add $500 for the lighted dance floor. The dj has a menu of items you can add on as well for additional cost. Hope this helps! Ps we are getting married on the same date!

That's awesome!  When do you arrive?  We will be there on the 15th.  What time is your ceremony and where are you having the reception?  I feel like I have nothing planned still!

#2213 Jass7

Jass7
      • 187 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

We are not going with a DJ, but plan to bring an ipod dock to play during dinner reception, and do some dancing afterwards. We are fairly small and shy group.

#2214 Jass7

Jass7
        • 187 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Does anyone know if the rooms with two beds have same layout as other rooms when it comes to the shower window? I'm concerned for shower privacy for two of my guests who are sharing a room.

#2215 KlazNov17

KlazNov17
          • Site Supporter
          • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jass7 

We are not going with a DJ, but plan to bring an ipod dock to play during dinner reception, and do some dancing afterwards. We are fairly small and shy group.

I have thought about that too since our group is small but I am just worried about having a guest be responsible for announcing us and having to push play and anything else that could go wrong.  I think $900 is a little expensive but at the same time I think it will ease my mind and give me one less thing to stress about.

#2216 Jass7

Jass7
            • 187 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by KlazNov17 

I have thought about that too since our group is small but I am just worried about having a guest be responsible for announcing us and having to push play and anything else that could go wrong.  I think $900 is a little expensive but at the same time I think it will ease my mind and give me one less thing to stress about.

Yeah that's understandable. Are you planning to get a dance floor or rent anything else from the DJ?

#2217 KlazNov17

KlazNov17
              • Site Supporter
              • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jass7 

Yeah that's understandable. Are you planning to get a dance floor or rent anything else from the DJ?

I just emailed him back asking him if he had a list of extras or if I need to get that from the wedding coordinator.  I wish the floor was included.  That seems pretty standard.

#2218 2012BeachBride

2012BeachBride
                • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

We are getting in on Wednesday and most of our guests are coming on thursday! We are doing our ceremony in the gazebo and have confirmed the event terrace for the reception. What locations are you thinking about? Just to avoid any extra stress with music, we booked the dj. Still unsure about extras like the lighted dance floor..

#2219 KlazNov17

KlazNov17
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2012BeachBride 

We are getting in on Wednesday and most of our guests are coming on thursday! We are doing our ceremony in the gazebo and have confirmed the event terrace for the reception. What locations are you thinking about?
                    Just to avoid any extra stress with music, we booked the dj. Still unsure about extras like the lighted dance floor..

We are thinking about doing the ceremony at the beach but it will just depend on how windy it ends up being.  So far we are thinking about the event terrace as well.  I totally agree with you on the DJ.  The less stress the better.  Did you get a list of prices for the extras?

#2220 Jass7

Jass7
                    • 187 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

And does anyone know their policy on the sky lanterns?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users