Jump to content

Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!


  • Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#2041 k032379

k032379
  • Jr. Member
  • 161 posts

    Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

    Good luck. It's been almost 2mos & still no response after 6 emails.....nothing. We all have experiencing this for some time now. K

    MsBliss---your wedding pics are absolutely beautiful!! I am 6 months away from my wedding at EPM & I feel so scattered with planning. I've been following this forum which has helped me tremendously with getting info and ideas. It's so difficult to get answers from N, I've been waiting on a response for over 2 weeks now! Anyway, I thought maybe some brides on here may know. How much does dj mannia cost for a 3 hour reception? Do the bride & groom have to provide their own ceremony music? Do guests have to choose between 2 or 3 entrees? Any info on these questions would be super helpful. I understand it's wedding season now & the WCs are prob really busy, but over 2 weeks to answer some questions?!!

    Yes, we were going to do it ahead of time but time ran out because we were so busy before Mexico. We had the marriage license already so all we needed was a 5-10 minute meeting to sign the papers with our witnesses. We didn't realize this ahead of time but it was cool to do it after wards (for us), the paperwork signing felt like an extention of our Mexico celebration instead of having our Mexico wedding be a symbol of our courthouse paper signing. It's all subjective.  



    #2042 Sharon99

    Sharon99
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,301 posts

      Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

      Originally Posted by 2012BeachBride 

      MsBliss---your wedding pics are absolutely beautiful!!
      I am 6 months away from my wedding at EPM & I feel so scattered with planning. I've been following this forum which has helped me tremendously with getting info and ideas. It's so difficult to get answers from N, I've been waiting on a response for over 2 weeks now!
      Anyway, I thought maybe some brides on here may know.
      How much does dj mannia cost for a 3 hour reception?
      Do the bride & groom have to provide their own ceremony music?
      Do guests have to choose between 2 or 3 entrees?
      Any info on these questions would be super helpful. I understand it's wedding season now & the WCs are prob really busy, but over 2 weeks to answer some questions?!!

       

      The DJ cost us $900 & we provided music but its not necessary.

      My guests all had the same entree (which was so good) except for 1 vegetarian dish.



      #2043 Ally Marquis

      Ally Marquis
      • Newbie
      • 38 posts

        Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

        hello all!

         

        well we just got back from our wedding/ honeymoon.  the week was fantastic.  they treat you like absolute royalty and are all so nice.   the wedding was fantastic,  future brides make sure you go over your menus with your coordinator, not just that you have silver/gold menu number whichever. they tried to bring us salmon instead of beef, but Alex fixed it quickly.  they did not bring us all our appetizers either, which was a bummer.   we ended up not being able to have a reception, except for the dinner because  of the rain. 

         

        now onto the negative side, of course on the day we leave.   if the week hadnt been so amazing i  would not go back there ever.   we went to check out at the excellence club lounge, and they said we had a charge of $1500!! and we said what for?  well, it was for  the excellence of love package, that  N knew all along that we had and said that as long we were in the excellence club it would complimentary. NOT SO MUCH! so we ended having to go to the front desk and fight with them for 2 hours, and of course no wedding coordinngator was there.  so my parents had to intervine because i was at the point of ripping somebodys head off and so was my husband.  we showed them the email and they kept saying we have no proof and they have no proof, and finally i said IM LEAVING! and they wouldnt not let us leave without the security pass.   in the end my mom had to put her credit card down until they got a hold of nayeli which with the rate of her replys back could take weeks. 

         

        i hope no other bride has to deal with this. 



        #2044 MsBlissMpls

        MsBlissMpls
        • Jr. Member
        • 253 posts

          Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

          Originally Posted by Ally Marquis 

          hello all!

           

          well we just got back from our wedding/ honeymoon.  the week was fantastic.  they treat you like absolute royalty and are all so nice.   the wedding was fantastic,  future brides make sure you go over your menus with your coordinator, not just that you have silver/gold menu number whichever. they tried to bring us salmon instead of beef, but Alex fixed it quickly.  they did not bring us all our appetizers either, which was a bummer.   we ended up not being able to have a reception, except for the dinner because  of the rain. 

           

          now onto the negative side, of course on the day we leave.   if the week hadnt been so amazing i  would not go back there ever.   we went to check out at the excellence club lounge, and they said we had a charge of $1500!! and we said what for?  well, it was for  the excellence of love package, that  N knew all along that we had and said that as long we were in the excellence club it would complimentary. NOT SO MUCH! so we ended having to go to the front desk and fight with them for 2 hours, and of course no wedding coordinngator was there.  so my parents had to intervine because i was at the point of ripping somebodys head off and so was my husband.  we showed them the email and they kept saying we have no proof and they have no proof, and finally i said IM LEAVING! and they wouldnt not let us leave without the security pass.   in the end my mom had to put her credit card down until they got a hold of nayeli which with the rate of her replys back could take weeks. 

           

          i hope no other bride has to deal with this. 

          Oh no. So sorry to hear that Ally :(

           

          That is not how you want to end your trip. I'm sure it will be reversed because everything I read said that 7 nights in the excellence club ocean front room would give you a complimentary love package.

           

          Glad you had a good trip other than checkout. What did they say to you about not getting a reception except dinner? Did you have a DJ set up or were you going to dance to ipod music?

           

          Welcome back Mrs! :)



          #2045 k032379

          k032379
          • Jr. Member
          • 161 posts

            Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

            Alley I am so sorry this happened, though I also heard the same thing happened to another bride. Other than that it sounds like things went good. And Congrats to you & your Fi. K

            hello all! well we just got back from our wedding/ honeymoon.  the week was fantastic.  they treat you like absolute royalty and are all so nice.   the wedding was fantastic,  future brides make sure you go over your menus with your coordinator, not just that you have silver/gold menu number whichever. they tried to bring us salmon instead of beef, but Alex fixed it quickly.  they did not bring us all our appetizers either, which was a bummer.   we ended up not being able to have a reception, except for the dinner because  of the rain.  now onto the negative side, of course on the day we leave.   if the week hadnt been so amazing i  would not go back there ever.   we went to check out at the excellence club lounge, and they said we had a charge of $1500!! and we said what for?  well, it was for  the excellence of love package, that  N knew all along that we had and said that as long we were in the excellence club it would complimentary. NOT SO MUCH! so we ended having to go to the front desk and fight with them for 2 hours, and of course no wedding coordinngator was there.  so my parents had to intervine because i was at the point of ripping somebodys head off and so was my husband.  we showed them the email and they kept saying we have no proof and they have no proof, and finally i said IM LEAVING! and they wouldnt not let us leave without the security pass.   in the end my mom had to put her credit card down until they got a hold of nayeli which with the rate of her replys back could take weeks.  i hope no other bride has to deal with this. 



            #2046 Ally Marquis

            Ally Marquis
            • Newbie
            • 38 posts

              Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

              hey girls!

               

              ya i wish we would have had more information out of 4 coordinators i had.  the only email i got about it, was if you book a excellence room then the wedding package is complimentary.  i seriously was crying in the lobby because of all the mess.  hopefully it will all get resolved!



              #2047 Ally Marquis

              Ally Marquis
              • Newbie
              • 38 posts

                Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

                546518_10100570619595765_21420104_46763476_1455296738_n.jpg

                380325_10100570619815325_21420104_46763482_323725526_n.jpg576351_10100570619989975_21420104_46763488_1219777572_n.jpg577602_10100570620329295_21420104_46763492_1670336598_n.jpg577602_10100570620329295_21420104_46763492_1670336598_n.jpg537649_10100570620818315_21420104_46763499_1417543237_n.jpg540408_10100570621132685_21420104_46763503_1065516367_n.jpg547198_10100570621272405_21420104_46763505_1341329734_n.jpg484261_10100570621447055_21420104_46763509_877247276_n.jpg552774_10100570621756435_21420104_46763514_872266783_n.jpg561272_10100570622000945_21420104_46763519_641287242_n.jpg538285_10100570622250445_21420104_46763525_261258042_n.jpg550495_10100570622479985_21420104_46763532_677004601_n.jpg553406_10100570622784375_21420104_46763540_1910691651_n.jpg535793_10100570622894155_21420104_46763542_523271391_n.jpg428386_10100570623143655_21420104_46763545_1900120116_n.jpg564794_10100570623383175_21420104_46763548_1238250626_n.jpg575196_10100570623597745_21420104_46763550_1412234530_n.jpg543237_10100570623762415_21420104_46763552_595107613_n.jpg551115_10100570624051835_21420104_46763557_1335407702_n.jpg534435_10100570625064805_21420104_46763563_874363453_n.jpg156527_10100570624391155_21420104_46763558_685398474_n.jpg536334_10100570624835265_21420104_46763562_1776700816_n.jpg

                 

                all these pictures are taken by bluelens!!!



                #2048 LauraR597

                LauraR597
                • Newbie
                • 39 posts

                  Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

                  It was my understanding that the basic wedding package was free with 7 nights in an excellence suite. If you did the silver or gold package, you had to pay the difference for the upgrade. So sorry you had to deal with that.



                  #2049 MsBlissMpls

                  MsBlissMpls
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 253 posts

                    Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

                    Originally Posted by LauraR597 

                    It was my understanding that the basic wedding package was free with 7 nights in an excellence suite. If you did the silver or gold package, you had to pay the difference for the upgrade. So sorry you had to deal with that.

                     

                    Agreed. If you had the Silver Package it should have been $1,500 (silver package price) - $850 (complimentary discount) = $650 due. That is what we where charged for the Silver Package when we checked out.



                    #2050 MsBlissMpls

                    MsBlissMpls
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 253 posts

                      Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

                      Thought this would be kind of funny to show you ladies. This was the "front" of our cake when they brought it out. As you can see the frosting on the 2nd tier was melting down and kind of sad looking. I was kind of in shock at how sad it looked and could have easily gotten upset (seriously how could they bring the melty cake out and think we were going to be happy with it?)

                       

                      001-389.jpg

                       

                       

                      I quickly turned the topper around and added a few roses from our centerpieces to hide some of the additional melting frosting on the "new" front side. And ended up with this:

                       

                      001-394.jpg

                       

                      I'm sure I could have done a better job and added a ton more flowers or something, but we were kind of in a hurry because our 8 hours for the photographer was already expired and I really wanted to get a professional shot of our cake topper. (FYI - it took forever to get the cake, they say that they are going to bring it as you are eating dinner - and it is always 5 minutes away, but it came much much later than that. I'd ask for it almost right away when your reception starts).

                       

                      001-393.jpg

                       

                      It was not exactly what we had in mind and looked only 20% like the photo that we gave as inspiration, but I'm guessing that Nayeli never probably gave the baker the inspiration photo to reference. Also, I gave N. a thicker green ribbon for the cake (like in the inspiration photo), but she chose to give them the thin ribbon that was supposed to be used for something else - and we never got that new spool of thick green ribbon back! 

                       

                      On the plus side it was VERY tasty! and apparently it was one of the last cakes made where they did not charge an extra fee for the extra tiers - that being said, maybe when they charge you extra for the tiers more care will be taken to make sure it looks like what you want. If you do end up paying for extra tiers I would make sure it does not come out like how our cake came out because it would not be work the extra $90-$100 if it came out looking like that.

                       

                       

                      Here was the cake photo that we gave N. as inspiration. You make the call on how close it looked .

                       

                      cake.jpg






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users