Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1871 lciz

lciz
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

I love it all!! You are too cute!
    Edgar, seriously I miss him!! He was our favorite too!!

We cant wait to go back, we were so spoiled! I miss room service every morning that I wake up at home ;-) 

Originally Posted by MsBlissMpls 

Thanks Jass7! You get to completely pick the time that you want the cocktail hour to start. Below was our rough timeline that we put in the welcome bags, and even though we left some time after the ceremony to take photos with everyone, the cocktail hour was ready for us immediately after the ceremony but did not start until our first guests arrived to the X-lounge at approximately 4:15.

We are getting married on November 23, 2012 @ 4:00 and was looking for some advice from past and future brides. What are you doing for photography using the photographer provided (pricing?) Here's what I recieved from the resort:

Our in-house photography service is VIP Wedding Photos (WD timeline.JPG

I also made a made a map of the resort with all the times and places that people should be, just for those that need the visual help to get places on time ;)

timeline w. map.JPG

It's kind of beat up, but here was the sand ceremony card we put in the welcome bags for everyone to participate with us during the ceremony.

Wedding Sand Ceremony Card.jpg

Here's my unprofessional photo of how our sand ceremony frame turned out. I LOVE it. Unfortunately it settled a lot on the plane ride home (even though we packed the remaining sand in there tight), so the right side is blended more than in this photo, but it now looks like the ocean rubbed up on it and it kind of looks cool? ... I cried when I saw it but my husband was trying to tell me how neat it looked with the airplane adjustments: I wish it would still look like this photo. You can see our guests sand forming the bottom triangle.

Sand Ceremony.JPG

And just for fun! The morning after our wedding ROOM SERVICE! Oh, how I miss room service....  

You ladies are in for a treat!

Day After Wedding Heaven.jpg

On our last day our favorite guy Edgar & I want to say her name is Marissa, but there are so many awesome ladies and I'm bad at names...

Edgar!.jpg

Crying the day we had to leave I raided the mini-bar for some chocolate comfort, and came home with this in my carry-on...It's now on a platter in our dining room

Raided Mini Bar.jpg

#1872 lciz

lciz
    • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

The reason why some of the photographers are "cheaper" than Victor at Victor Herrera is because of experience. Once a photographer (such as Adrian) reaches a certain level of experience, his prices go up... This is common everywhere in photography. I am sure Sara's will go up soon as well (so book them soon!)! They are so amazing, I would have paid 3000 for them (and it would have still been cheaper than most of the photographers down there!).

Good luck!

Originally Posted by ahoff 

In my original post, you answered my questions about photography.  We e-mailed Victor Herrera Photography, where Adrian works and we were quoted $2500 for him, we were wondering if you negotiated with them down to $2000 or if their prices went up.  Otherwise, we were thinking of going with Sara from the same company as she is only $1900.  Plus, we assume that we still have to pay the $500 to the resort.

Thanks again,

Ashley

#1873 KlazNov17

KlazNov17
      • Site Supporter
      • 36 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Do any of the brides have a copy of the gold package wedding planner? Why don't they send this to us right away? It would make it so much easier to budget!

#1874 May12

May12
        • Site Supporter
        • 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

AMEN!! That would be really nice right about now...or a MONTH ago! :(

Originally Posted by KlazNov17 

Do any of the brides have a copy of the gold package wedding planner? Why don't they send this to us right away? It would make it so much easier to budget!

#1875 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
          • 200 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by KlazNov17 

I know! It would be great to have!

#1876 danak71

danak71
            • Site Supporter
            • 264 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

SPICE front TERRACE.JPG

Main Spice Terrace

SPICE TERRACE (2).JPG

Also, I woudl totally do the AGAVE inside terrace for a reception if I had known about it ahead of time and if that restaruant would have been available on our night. The restaurant is decorated so amazing and the dinner we had on the terrace is the most romatic one of our trip!

How do you go about paying the $20 to be able to download documents?

Attached Files

#1877 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
              • 200 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Danak71 when do you go to mexico for your site visits? Would love to hear what you think about the resort?

Originally Posted by danak71 

How do you go about paying the $20 to be able to download document?

#1878 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
                • 253 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

danak71 - in the past when I've clicked on the document it directs me to "why can't I download this item" and then you follow the links to "how to become a supporter". Maybe a moderator could help you out with figuring it out. They would probably be able to explain it better :)

#1879 danak71

danak71
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 264 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Amanda Gardner 

Danak71 when do you go to mexico for your site visits? Would love to hear what you think about the resort

Amanda,

I just got back from Mexico last night. We rented a car and did the site visits on Friday and EPM was AMAZING!!! I brought my fiance, my mom and 2 of my girlfriends (who are bridesmaids) with me. We looked at both Excellence properties and El Dorado Royale (which is the resort my travel agent really wanted us to pick). We all fell in love with EPM from the time we drove up. Everywhere you go, they have aromatherapy which is so soothing and relaxing-from the lobby to the spa, to all the restaurants we went to.

ERC is very similar in structure; however it doesn't have the same "luxury" feel at all. That was the one thing that stuck out to all of us was that EPM had a feeling of luxury. EDR was very nice but it was HUGE. They brought us around from one place to the next on a golf cart because it was really too much to try and walk it. We're expecting 60-70 people so trying to get everyone from A to B at that large a resort seems problematic to me. They treated us to lunch at EDR and the one thing I will say is that their food is DELISH! If there was one reason to make me book my wedding there it would be because their food was so darn good!

But overall I knew that EPM was the place for us. I just wanted to see some of the other resorts I had been considering so I wouldn't have any regrets or wonder if I had chosen the best place. I know now that I have!

#1880 danak71

danak71
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 264 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

danak71 - in the past when I've clicked on the document it directs me to "why can't I download this item" and then you follow the links to "how to become a supporter". Maybe a moderator could help you out with figuring it out. They would probably be able to explain it better :)

I figured it out last night. Thanks a lot MsBlissMpls! Congratulations again and thanks for all the great tips!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users