Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1761 Ally Marquis

Ally Marquis
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Sheryl

thanks for all the info!  we definitely should meet up for a drink!  it sounds like it will be a very busy wedding week

i think we will deliver our own bags, seems silly for $4 to have them delivered.  

i was thinking of doing red roses with black ribbon,  what do you think,  i am also doing black ribbon around our cake.  

#1762 danak71

danak71
    • Site Supporter
    • 264 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Here's some of what was discussed:

• White covered chairs are included in the Gold package
      • They have a knife for the cake or if you would prefer to bring your own you can. After the couple cuts the cake, the head server will cut the rest of the cake for the guests
      • In order to get the free wedding (valued at $850) either the couple has to stay in excellence club ocean view room for 7 nights, or have 5 guest rooms booked for 7 nights in any category. Basically you have to have at least 35 room nights booked total.
      • You can have a violinist, flutist, or guitarist at the ceremony instead of having the mariachi band at the cocktail reception.

Originally Posted by k032379 

Hi Lynn
      I only caught the end. Do you mind sharing a little of what you found out that may hasn't been discussed on here?
      Thanks in advance K

#1763 k032379

k032379
      • 161 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thank you so much. That was great information to share. I questioned the chairs also. K

• They have a knife for the cake or if you would prefer to bring your own you can. After the couple cuts the cake, the head server will cut the rest of the cake for the guests
        • In order to get the free wedding (valued at $850) either the couple has to stay in excellence club ocean view room for 7 nights, or have 5 guest rooms booked for 7 nights in any category. Basically you have to have at least 35 room nights booked total.
        • You can have a violinist, flutist, or guitarist at the ceremony instead of having the¬†mariachi band at the cocktail reception. ¬†

#1764 May12

May12
        • Site Supporter
        • 142 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

Yes, let's definitely meet up for a drink! I agree with you about the bag delivery. We were planning on doing that but we will be on an excursion with half of our group on Thursday when the other half check in. At least it's not as many people so the cost will be less, but it still irks me!

Red roses with black ribbon will be beautiful! Very elegant! I takeit your colors are black and red?

Where are you having your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception?

Originally Posted by Ally Marquis 

Sheryl

thanks for all the info!  we definitely should meet up for a drink!  it sounds like it will be a very busy wedding week

i think we will deliver our own bags, seems silly for $4 to have them delivered.  

i was thinking of doing red roses with black ribbon,  what do you think,  i am also doing black ribbon around our cake.  

#1765 Jass7

Jass7
          • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for sharing what was discussed. But as far as I know the white chair covers are included in the setup at no addition cost, no matter what package you have. It's mentioned in the Wedding packages general information document.  Can someone also confirm this who is not using the Gold package?

Originally Posted by danak71 

• You can have a violinist, flutist, or guitarist at the ceremony instead of having the mariachi band at the cocktail reception.

#1766 Jass7

Jass7
            • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Also has anyone hired their videographer? Or plan to? I'm thinking about it, maybe the first hour, mainly for the ceremony. I have HD camera, and tripod so we can set it up but I'm sure they would do a better job and are used to the wind.

#1767 Sharon99

Sharon99
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

Yes, the white chair covers are included in all the packages. You can also bring your own decor & the WC will set them up at no additional cost.

(I was also on the webinar if anyone else has any questions)

Originally Posted by Jass7 

Thanks for sharing what was discussed. But as far as I know the white chair covers are included in the setup at no addition cost, no matter what package you have. It's mentioned in the Wedding packages general information document.  Can someone also confirm this who is not using the Gold package?

#1768 Sharon99

Sharon99
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Oh, I remember people mentioning about maybe shipping your items to the resort.

This came up in the webinar and you can but you need to send it to them from Fed-Ex only...

#1769 Jass7

Jass7
                  • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Thanks Sharon99! I would love to bring my own ceremony decorations, like sashes and I'm glad to hear WC will set it up.

What about paper lanterns for reception did anyone ask? I think someone mentioned it costs $5 for each paper lantern to be set up.

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Yes, the white chair covers are included in all the packages. You can also bring your own decor & the WC will set them up at no additional cost.

(I was also on the webinar if anyone else has any questions)

#1770 Sharon99

Sharon99
                    • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

Sorry - I honestly can't remember if anyone asked about lanterns. I don't think they did but I can't see why they would charge $5 for this and not for anything else.

Originally Posted by Jass7 

Thanks Sharon99! I would love to bring my own ceremony decorations, like sashes and I'm glad to hear WC will set it up.

What about paper lanterns for reception did anyone ask? I think someone mentioned it costs $5 for each paper lantern to be set up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users