Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1401 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

I got all of the items in for my mugs! This is a photo with my (old) iPhone, so the quality is bad, but you can get the idea. Seriously LOVE these things. I already showed one of our guests, because I can't hide anything well, and she we really really excited about getting one... Ok. Now I'll be quite about the OOT stuff :)

Oh, we decided to put our names in green (to blend in with the design) instead of black because from what I've read on the OOT threads is that guests are less likely to really love the stuff (& use it again) if our names are plastered all over everything. I guess I'd feel the same way if someone gave me a gift with their names branded all over it.  We'll see what happens....

Welcome Mug.JPG

#1402 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Your mugs came out great! I love the purple & green color combo. Damn it, I gotta find money in my budget to do mugs for our bags!

#1403 LauraR597

LauraR597
      • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Your mugs look great!!

#1404 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
        • 200 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Have you guys booked straight through excellence or with a travel agent? If travel agent who and would you recommend them?

#1405 2012BeachBride

2012BeachBride
          • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hi Ladies!

I have been reading this forum and there is just so much helpful info on here for brides to be!  My FI and I are getting married November 17, 2012 at EPM and seriously you girls are my source to the most updated resort info.  We have been planning the wedding since July-ish and I just want to contribute any info I have so far to you girls. 

With regard to photography, we were told there is that $500 vendor fee per day that a vendor is present; however, with the exception of whether the vendor/photographer is staying at the resort.  (Then it would only be what $261 for a room for one person and the photographer can eat and relax/enjoy the resort while she is not working.)  We are actually going w this option to have our photographer stay at EPM for 2 nights so she can shoot most of the wedding day and our TTD shoot the morning after, before check-out.  Her name is Daniela Garza and from the reviews I've heard, we are very excited to have her shoot our wedding. 

As of now, we do not have a TA and I'm starting to wonder if we should.  We don't plan on doing a group booking and instead are directing our guests to book themselves (to avoid us having to front all the money & risk ppl not coming etc).  We are inviting 60 people & are realistically expecting around 20, and no more than 30.  I feel like if the group isnt too large then there is no need for a TA.  But IDK, what are some reasons that brides chose to use a TA??

#1406 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
            • 253 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

2012BeachBride Do you know how much it would cost for a room for 1 night for a photographer and an assistant? Thanks for the info!

Regarding a Travel Agent:

We have 16 guests plus us and I would totally recommend Nichole at

Hi Ladies!

I have been reading this forum and there is just so much helpful info on here for brides to be!  My FI and I are getting married November 17, 2012 at EPM and seriously you girls are my source to the most updated resort info.  We have been planning the wedding since July-ish and I just want to contribute any info I have so far to you girls. 

With regard to photography, we were told there is that $500 vendor fee per day that a vendor is present; however, with the exception of whether the vendor/photographer is staying at the resort.  (Then it would only be what $261 for a room for one person and the photographer can eat and relax/enjoy the resort while she is not working.)  We are actually going w this option to have our photographer stay at EPM for 2 nights so she can shoot most of the wedding day and our TTD shoot the morning after, before check-out.  Her name is Daniela Garza and from the reviews I've heard, we are very excited to have her shoot our wedding. 

As of now, we do not have a TA and I'm starting to wonder if we should.  We don't plan on doing a group booking and instead are directing our guests to book themselves (to avoid us having to front all the money & risk ppl not coming etc).  We are inviting 60 people & are realistically expecting around 20, and no more than 30.  I feel like if the group isnt too large then there is no need for a TA.  But IDK, what are some reasons that brides chose to use a TA??

Originally Posted by Amanda Gardner 

Have you guys booked straight through excellence or with a travel agent? If travel agent who and would you recommend them?

#1407 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
              • 253 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the mug comments. It makes me smile!

#1408 k032379

k032379
                • 161 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

I agree MsBlissMpls

Our travel agent is handling everything for us.  He allowed me to put his personal cell number on everything in case anyone had any issue and stated that he was never too busy no matter what time it was. sometimes we communicate at 1&2am. Crazy, but I am a night owl.

Plus, I thought since we are going to another country, its nice that he knows all of my party's info and someone always knows where are located during our stay.

I have not had to intervene in any way and he has a grest relationship with the resort.

Congrats everyone

K

#1409 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
                  • 200 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Who is your travel agent?

#1410 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
                    • 200 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the information girls on the TA. I just feel like it would be better to have someone communicating with all my guest and the resort. We are expecting 20 people not alot but enough I don't want to be called about every little thing.

Just started planning wedding is March 23, 2013!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users