Jump to content
reevesbride

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Recommended Posts

cls2010,


Thank you so much for the feedback, your pics are beautiful!!!  I am definitely going with him, and it will be easier because Yamina said he was the hotel photographer they recommended

and gave his price packages.  Did you do video through him as well?  I saw a video camera in one of your pics. 

Lisa
 

Originally Posted by cls2010 View Post

Hello

For those still looking for a photographer, here is a link to some of my pictures taken by Juan Navarro.  http://www.juanphotos.com/galleries/?/page/7a09/corey-celita/

Juan and Alex from Juan Navarro Photos are excellent photographers.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at duncancls4@yahoo.com/

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mcc102310,

 

Wow 36 people thats so exciting!!! Did you get the house dj and photo/videographer through the hotel that Yamina recommended?  I heard you have to bring your dress on the plane and you

can keep it up front in a closet where the flight attendants keep their things, people say its no problem and they steam your dress at the hotel the night before if you like, I saw that in wedding package.....curious, what are your favors and/or welcome bags for your guests?  I am getting married August 12, 2011 and we are expecting the same amount if not more at our wedding.  We also wanted to extend the reception for an hour if thats possible.  What venues did you pick for your cocktail and reception?

Thanks!!

Lisa

 

Originally Posted by mcc102310 View Post

Hey girls!  I am getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres on October 23rd, 2010 at 4pm!  I have been reading this blog for the past few months and it has been so helpful!  Yamina just confirmed our venues for the cocktail hour and reception.  Cannot believe I am leaving in 19 days for Mexico!  We are having 36 people coming with us and I am so excited!  Question, how are you all getting your wedding dress down there?  Anyone heard of people having an issue carrying it on?  I have had a few girlfriends do destination weddings and have had no problems but I am just curious what everyone else is doing.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just returned from a site visit, and my mother(s) and I toured 4 different resorts for my wedding. Excellence Playa Mujeres was by far the BEST! The pictures on the website really short change the landscaping and the beauty of the overall resort. The new wedding coordinator, Yamina, gave us a 2 hour tour of the entire resort, guest rooms, all the restaurants, etc. She seems to be very good and reliable. As I continue to plan my wedding with her, I will keep you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lisa

Thank you!  The videographer was recommended by the hotel.  I have not watched the video, we are waiting to watch it with our family.  Once we watch it I will let you know how the video turned out.

 

Celita
 

Originally Posted by LJ2011 View Post

cls2010,


Thank you so much for the feedback, your pics are beautiful!!!  I am definitely going with him, and it will be easier because Yamina said he was the hotel photographer they recommended

and gave his price packages.  Did you do video through him as well?  I saw a video camera in one of your pics. 

Lisa
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wedding is in just a little over a week!  Argh!  For anyone who has been there: 

 

After we wedding we are just doing a cocktail hour and then I was going to make a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants.  I had kind of planned on Agave, since my wedding has kind of a mexican kitsch theme, BUT, it's not open on Fridays.  I am debating between the Flavor Market and the Lobster House...any suggestions?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So exciting!  We expect a full report!

 

Just a quick question...have you picked out your flowers?  I sent Yamina a picture of what I wanted and she said it wouldn't be a problem, but I kind of want to see what I am getting before the wedding day.  Do you know how that works?  Do you have any more details?

 

Wedding in 18 days!
 

Originally Posted by scrose View Post

My wedding is in just a little over a week!  Argh!  For anyone who has been there: 

 

After we wedding we are just doing a cocktail hour and then I was going to make a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants.  I had kind of planned on Agave, since my wedding has kind of a mexican kitsch theme, BUT, it's not open on Fridays.  I am debating between the Flavor Market and the Lobster House...any suggestions?  



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent her 3 or 4 pictures similar to what I am looking for...I am flexible on the type of flowers as long as the color (fuschia/hot pink) is right, so didn't give super explicit instructions.  One of the pics I sent had peonies and she said those are really expensive there so I nixed those, but the rest she just said she would send to the florist.  I figured we would talk about it in more detail once we get there next Wednesday...

 

Same with the cake...I just picked a flavor and sent her some pictures (just want a few flowers on there that will match bouguet, etc). 
 

Originally Posted by ncarolinadaisy View Post

So exciting!  We expect a full report!

 

Just a quick question...have you picked out your flowers?  I sent Yamina a picture of what I wanted and she said it wouldn't be a problem, but I kind of want to see what I am getting before the wedding day.  Do you know how that works?  Do you have any more details?

 

Wedding in 18 days!
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Depending on the weather I would say the Lobster house would be my choice because of it's location.  Being outside and by the water has to be a big bonus.

 

 

Originally Posted by scrose View Post

My wedding is in just a little over a week!  Argh!  For anyone who has been there: 

 

After we wedding we are just doing a cocktail hour and then I was going to make a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants.  I had kind of planned on Agave, since my wedding has kind of a mexican kitsch theme, BUT, it's not open on Fridays.  I am debating between the Flavor Market and the Lobster House...any suggestions?  



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any suggestions on decorating crutches?  I just tore my ACL on Saturday and my Playa wedding is in less than 2 weeks.  Uhhhh...be careful everyone!  Not the way I was planning on spending my wedding day...  sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×