Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhleesa View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm waiting to hear back to see if the date is available...crossing my fingers!
I would call her if you have to. I booked my trip and didn't realize that their dates fill up super quickly!! I am having to get married on a Thursday just so that I could get a 5pm slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarolinadaisy View Post
I am using William Sanchez. He is about the cheapest that I have found without taking cheezy prom-like photos on the beach. He is $1000 for 4 hours. I am signing my contract and booking him as we speak. His photos are beautiful!

Destination Wedding Photographer Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Cancun | William Sánchez

You will also have to pay for him and his lighting assistants event pass which is $70 each.
NCarolinaDaisy - I believe we'll be there over the same week - we are getting married on Sunday the 31st at 5pm! Quick question about the photographer -- I have been leaning towards Juan Navvaro (most photogs that I've inquired with are already booked)... are you planning to upgrade to the silver or gold Excellence of Love package? I'm just wondering if that photo credit in the silver or gold package will be applied to the cost of William Sanchez, or if you'll just lose that credit?

Thanks so much and congratulations!! I think the weather will be perfect for us... hopefully not too much humidity and I can have a good hair day...

Awesome! I am sure we will bump into each other! I tried to get Sunday at 5 but had to settle for Thursday. Those slots fill FAST! :)

Might be a good thing. My bridesmaids will only be there for a day so hopefully it won't give them a chance to get tan lines to match their strapless dresses they are wearing.

I am not sure how that works...I am not doing any of the wedding packages. I was talking to Yamina and she said that I could just do an "ala carte" wedding. There are somethings included in the packages that I am just not interested in.

Keeping it simple simple! Have you seen the pics of the bouquet choices yet?

Juan seems like he has some good stuff. I don't think you could go wrong with him if he is included in the packages.

Yes! We are at the tail end of the rainy season, so keep your fingers crossed!!

Are you at all worried about photos after your ceremony with the lighting and all? I think the sun sets at 6pm!! I am wondering if I shouldn't move mine up to 4:30 or just let my fiance see me before? What are you doing?

You may want to check out Cecilia Dumas out too she is reducing her prices. She was my first choice but WAY too expensive!! I can afford her now...but I didn't get the info till after I sent my deposit to William. Too bad our weddings are not the same day or back to back. Ill bet he would have given us a good deal!

Option 3

4 Hours of service

100 copies 4x6 colour, black & white and sepia, including digital retouch

10 copies 6x8 including digital retouch

Digital Negatives (CD Rom high resolution showing all the pictures taken about 300 pictures, these pictures doesn’t include digital retouch)

Total $1800 – 25% $1350

Quote:
Awesome! I am sure we will bump into each other! I tried to get Sunday at 5 but had to settle for Thursday. Those slots fill FAST! :)

Might be a good thing. My bridesmaids will only be there for a day so hopefully it won't give them a chance to get tan lines to match their strapless dresses they are wearing.

I am not sure how that works...I am not doing any of the wedding packages. I was talking to Yamina and she said that I could just do an "ala carte" wedding. There are somethings included in the packages that I am just not interested in.

Keeping it simple simple! Have you seen the pics of the bouquet choices yet?

Are you at all worried about photos after your ceremony with the lighting and all? I think the sun sets at 6pm!! I am wondering if I shouldn't move mine up to 4:30 or just let my fiance see me before? What are you doing?
I'm sure we will run into each other!! On Friday Yamina sent me the bouquet choices, cakes and different menu options for the silver and gold package. Do you know if we can modify them slightly? Change the color of the flower or icing, but keep the design?

Even with the wedding packages, there is a lot that *isn't* included... and stuff in the packages that I just don't care about. What items are you choosing, al la carte? Are you having music at the ceremony? Reception? I am trying to keep the budget reasonable but the cost for a 45 minute violinist or guitarist for the ceremony seems really pricey (but I've never priced anything like that before!). Do you have any photos of the floral arch or the chair corsages? I have requested them from Yamina.

I specifically wanted the time right around sunset for photos, but then started thinking about losing light -- I want both - so yes, I plan to do photos beforehand - hopefully some on the beach, and some around the resort - so many beautiful locations. How many guests are you having? Are you doing an OOT bag? Do you know if we can bring (sealed) candy to Mexico? I really want to do personalized M&M's or something Halloween themed.

I am so excited!

Quote:
You may want to check out Cecilia Dumas out too she is reducing her prices. She was my first choice but WAY too expensive!! I can afford her now...but I didn't get the info till after I sent my deposit to William. Too bad our weddings are not the same day or back to back. Ill bet he would have given us a good deal!

Option 3

4 Hours of service

100 copies 4x6 colour, black & white and sepia, including digital retouch

10 copies 6x8 including digital retouch

Digital Negatives (CD Rom high resolution showing all the pictures taken about 300 pictures, these pictures doesnâ€t include digital retouch)

Total $1800 – 25% $1350
Unfortunately, Celia isn't free for my wedding, but she said her colleague Claudio is... Does anyone know anything about him? Yeah, I wish we could share a photog, that would be great -- the pictures are SO important to me, this might be the thing I am the most nervous about! Are you doing a TTD session? Engagement portraits at home?

I think she can customize pretty much anything! The pictures that she sends are just ideas. I had the rest of the gazebo pictures, but I trashed them since I was not interested in the flower arch. Sorry. YES! The music is SUPER pricey! I looked into the price here in the states and it was about $150 per hour.

I am keeping mine short simple and sweet. I have only about 14 people attending so far could be more, who knows could be less. This was going to be just my fiance and 2 other couples and all of a sudden it has turned into something way bigger than I thought!

We are just doing the bare min. Use of the gazebo, judge, flowers for my bridesmaids, photographer, and maybe a cocktail hour after the ceremony. I don't really see the point in paying for a sit down dinner for my guests when they already paid for an all-inclusive stay. They are all drinkers so I don't think anyone will mind that I don't make them sit through all the traditional wedding stuff. So let's see...ceremony, a couple photo ops, drinks and tapas and party time!

Not sure about OOT bags yet. But I am pretty sure that you can bring anything with you as long as it's not in your carry on.