Jump to content
reevesbride

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Recommended Posts

Congrats Jen! Do post some pics soon. We're heading to the EPM for a short Xmas break, to view the properties and meet Yamina. Can't wait! Will let you ladies know hot things go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies! I am happy to announce that my fiance and I will now be getting married at EPM. We were originally going to honeymoon there, but have decided to have the wedding there as well! This is my first post on this board, but I have read alot of your posts to help our decision making process! Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited!!! We just reserved our stay at EPM and set up for the Wedding with Yamina! The wedding will be June 15, 2010 at 11am (my fiance doesn't think he will be able to wait all day to get married, LOL!)

 

Anyhow, I have a few questions for those of you that have had experience with EPM/Yamina.

 

1. What are the #1 things I should talk to Yamina about? The wedding package is pretty broad and when I spoke with her on the phone, she pretty much deferred me to email her. I know you ladies say she is great when you are there, I just want to make sure to get the important stuff done first! :)

 

2. Did (or is) any one else get married at 11am? If so, what the heck do you do the rest of the day?!?

 

TIA!

Jessica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Jessica,

 

1 thing you should know about Yamina is that although you have begun the planning process for your wedding many months prior to the actual day. She truly begins to finalize details about a month before. Before that emails will take forever to get a response. Shes very effective and efficient,when you get closer to the day and the day of you have no worries. But really there's no need to email her with every single thing that pops into your head because that will only lead to your personal frustration. She is great but also busy, with great attention to detail to everyones individual wedding.

 

The second question I can't answer because I got married at 6pm.

 

Hope this helps,

 

Lauren

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrodhead82 View Post
So excited!!! We just reserved our stay at EPM and set up for the Wedding with Yamina! The wedding will be June 15, 2010 at 11am (my fiance doesn't think he will be able to wait all day to get married, LOL!)

 

Anyhow, I have a few questions for those of you that have had experience with EPM/Yamina.

 

1. What are the #1 things I should talk to Yamina about? The wedding package is pretty broad and when I spoke with her on the phone, she pretty much deferred me to email her. I know you ladies say she is great when you are there, I just want to make sure to get the important stuff done first! :)

 

2. Did (or is) any one else get married at 11am? If so, what the heck do you do the rest of the day?!?

 

TIA!

Jessica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All!

 

I am new this forum and I am a EPM bride to be and I have to say that your post have been so helpful. My then boyfriend and now fiance vacationed at EPM this past August. He asked me to marry him on the beach there, right past the wedding gazebo and palm trees. So, we are going back to get married on the very same beach, I am so very excited.

 

We have not picked the location, beach or gazebo yet, any thoughts from any of the brides that have been married at EPM?

 

Also, are there any of you that are getting married via courthouse and then having the Symbolic Ceremony at the resort? If any one is or has, what date to you use as your anniversary date...the legal date or the date that you had your ceremony?

 

Thank you in advance for your help.

 

Smiles,

Shanna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Hello All!

Also, are there any of you that are getting married via courthouse and then having the Symbolic Ceremony at the resort? If any one is or has, what date to you use as your anniversary date...the legal date or the date that you had your ceremony?
First welcome to the thread, everyone is so friendly and helpful. To answer your question I am planning to have a symbolic wedding at EPM and I will use my ceremony date as the anniversary date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Hello All!

I am new this forum and I am a EPM bride to be and I have to say that your post have been so helpful. My then boyfriend and now fiance vacationed at EPM this past August. He asked me to marry him on the beach there, right past the wedding gazebo and palm trees. So, we are going back to get married on the very same beach, I am so very excited.

We have not picked the location, beach or gazebo yet, any thoughts from any of the brides that have been married at EPM?

Also, are there any of you that are getting married via courthouse and then having the Symbolic Ceremony at the resort? If any one is or has, what date to you use as your anniversary date...the legal date or the date that you had your ceremony?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Smiles,
Shanna
Welcome, Shanna!

I had the same question! I think it's much easier getting married in the States and to have a symbolic ceremony in Mexico, but I'm also thinking how far in advance should you get married here? My FI wants to get married soon for health insurance purposes, but I don't know how comfortable I feel about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I know it is really tough job to get everything at best cost. I would like to suggest to contact local wedding planner or decorators to get the quotes. It will take some time but by comparing different quotes you will get the best package.
    • If you want to enjoy your wedding then go for a dance floor. It is a precious moment of your life and you should enjoy it.
    • As you have said it is going to be a beach wedding so I would recommend a combination of Calla Lily and Daffodil. You can also use Calla lily or Daffodil individually. Both the flowers have different colors so it will easily attract anyone.
    • Hello, we're butterfly farmers and pleased to be bringing eco-friendly butterfly releases back to destination weddings in Jamaica. Videos of our releases can be found here: https://youtu.be/LIzidGsR89o One love,   Nadine   Fruit Hill Butterfly Farm fruithillbutterflies.com 
    • I’m a wedding planner/organizer by profession. Truth be told, I don’t have that much experience in the industry but I’m doing the best I can. We will be working on a wedding next month with a foreign couple. I’m usually the one who handles everything on behalf of the bride during the day so I need some tips and advice on how to handle brides from foreign countries. Do they need special accommodations? What are the kinds of services they are used to when under pressure? What kind of snacks should I offer them during breaks or when they’re hungry? Thanks so much in advance.
  • Topics

×