Jump to content
reevesbride

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Recommended Posts

Congrats Jen! Do post some pics soon. We're heading to the EPM for a short Xmas break, to view the properties and meet Yamina. Can't wait! Will let you ladies know hot things go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies! I am happy to announce that my fiance and I will now be getting married at EPM. We were originally going to honeymoon there, but have decided to have the wedding there as well! This is my first post on this board, but I have read alot of your posts to help our decision making process! Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited!!! We just reserved our stay at EPM and set up for the Wedding with Yamina! The wedding will be June 15, 2010 at 11am (my fiance doesn't think he will be able to wait all day to get married, LOL!)

 

Anyhow, I have a few questions for those of you that have had experience with EPM/Yamina.

 

1. What are the #1 things I should talk to Yamina about? The wedding package is pretty broad and when I spoke with her on the phone, she pretty much deferred me to email her. I know you ladies say she is great when you are there, I just want to make sure to get the important stuff done first! :)

 

2. Did (or is) any one else get married at 11am? If so, what the heck do you do the rest of the day?!?

 

TIA!

Jessica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Jessica,

 

1 thing you should know about Yamina is that although you have begun the planning process for your wedding many months prior to the actual day. She truly begins to finalize details about a month before. Before that emails will take forever to get a response. Shes very effective and efficient,when you get closer to the day and the day of you have no worries. But really there's no need to email her with every single thing that pops into your head because that will only lead to your personal frustration. She is great but also busy, with great attention to detail to everyones individual wedding.

 

The second question I can't answer because I got married at 6pm.

 

Hope this helps,

 

Lauren

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrodhead82 View Post
So excited!!! We just reserved our stay at EPM and set up for the Wedding with Yamina! The wedding will be June 15, 2010 at 11am (my fiance doesn't think he will be able to wait all day to get married, LOL!)

 

Anyhow, I have a few questions for those of you that have had experience with EPM/Yamina.

 

1. What are the #1 things I should talk to Yamina about? The wedding package is pretty broad and when I spoke with her on the phone, she pretty much deferred me to email her. I know you ladies say she is great when you are there, I just want to make sure to get the important stuff done first! :)

 

2. Did (or is) any one else get married at 11am? If so, what the heck do you do the rest of the day?!?

 

TIA!

Jessica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All!

 

I am new this forum and I am a EPM bride to be and I have to say that your post have been so helpful. My then boyfriend and now fiance vacationed at EPM this past August. He asked me to marry him on the beach there, right past the wedding gazebo and palm trees. So, we are going back to get married on the very same beach, I am so very excited.

 

We have not picked the location, beach or gazebo yet, any thoughts from any of the brides that have been married at EPM?

 

Also, are there any of you that are getting married via courthouse and then having the Symbolic Ceremony at the resort? If any one is or has, what date to you use as your anniversary date...the legal date or the date that you had your ceremony?

 

Thank you in advance for your help.

 

Smiles,

Shanna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Hello All!

Also, are there any of you that are getting married via courthouse and then having the Symbolic Ceremony at the resort? If any one is or has, what date to you use as your anniversary date...the legal date or the date that you had your ceremony?
First welcome to the thread, everyone is so friendly and helpful. To answer your question I am planning to have a symbolic wedding at EPM and I will use my ceremony date as the anniversary date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Hello All!

I am new this forum and I am a EPM bride to be and I have to say that your post have been so helpful. My then boyfriend and now fiance vacationed at EPM this past August. He asked me to marry him on the beach there, right past the wedding gazebo and palm trees. So, we are going back to get married on the very same beach, I am so very excited.

We have not picked the location, beach or gazebo yet, any thoughts from any of the brides that have been married at EPM?

Also, are there any of you that are getting married via courthouse and then having the Symbolic Ceremony at the resort? If any one is or has, what date to you use as your anniversary date...the legal date or the date that you had your ceremony?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Smiles,
Shanna
Welcome, Shanna!

I had the same question! I think it's much easier getting married in the States and to have a symbolic ceremony in Mexico, but I'm also thinking how far in advance should you get married here? My FI wants to get married soon for health insurance purposes, but I don't know how comfortable I feel about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • In the 2017 bridal fashion week, many styles of wedding dresses were gradually popular. From serious bling to regal capes and fun and flirty short numbers, ByCouturier've got all the hottest wedding dress trends you need to know. Allover Sparkle
      Over-the-top sequins, tonal beading and metallic embellishments turned the Bridal Fashion Week runways into a glittery affair. Perfect for evening nuptials under the stars, this trend is daring but sophisticated. Pro tip: If you're rocking a gown with lots of sparkle, keep your accessories minimal and let your glitzy frock do all the talking.  Bold Ball Gowns
      If you're looking to make a dramatic entrance, a classic ball gown is for you—and we saw plenty of them. Take a cue from long, lace sleeves, or get glam with an embellished strapless bodice. No matter the details, this voluminous style is sure to turn heads.  Captivating Capes
      Not into veils? A full-length bridal cape or shorter capelet is the perfect alternative: It still adds movement to your gown, but feels fashion forward. Plus, this trend is an easy way to pull off a mid-wedding outfit change. Wear a cape or capelet for a more formal look during your ceremony, then whisk it away to hit the dance floor at your reception. Short, Sassy Dresses
      Whether you show off your legs (and a killer pair of heels) in an embellished mini or opt for a more conservative midi-length number, a wedding dress with a flirty hemline is a chic way to mix it up. Not willing to give up your dream ball gown? Change into a shorter frock to spice up your reception or after-party.  Plunging Necklines
      The deep V-neckline is a must-try for two reasons: It flatters your upper body (even if you're busty!) and elongates your frame. A plunging V with scalloped lace is ultra-feminine, while a sleek V plays up the inherently sexy vibe of a curve-skimming silhouette. Just make sure you have fashion tape handy the day of to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. 
      Skinny Straps
      We love this trend for two reasons: A gown with barely there straps has all of the sex appeal of a strapless neckline, plus added support. We call that a bridal fashion win. 
    • Hello all, 
      I am here to get some suggestions on the best places to go on a honeymoon. I am getting married by the end of next month. 
      I was thinking of Bali or Maldives. But just wanted to know other beautiful and romantic places. The wedding banquet hall is a gift from our parents. The hall they have booked for us is one of the best banquet halls in Vaughan I’ve ever seen... Other arrangements like the videographer, photographer, wedding dress, reception dress are all finalized. The next week we have the pre-wedding shoot. Also, I'll start sending the invitations the same week. So, it is going to be hectic and I don't have time to rest or look for some nice places. So, if anyone here could suggest some places would be a great help. 
      Let me know your suggestions. 
      Thanks in advance! 
    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
    • Hi I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about any arrangement for your sister marriage. So many websites are available in the market whose helping you for choosing the beautiful flower arrangement for your sister marriage. You can go to some good websites and solve your problem regarding flower arrangement for your sister marriage.  My brother was getting marriage in last month, I was also facing this problem on that time. I have been searching so many websites that have helped me to getting  wedding arrangement. One of the websites was Asian Venue Guide which helped me for selecting a beautiful flower for reception hall as well as for stage also. I hope this helps you also 
  • Topics

×