reevesbride

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Thanks so much Amanda!

I would start sending things asap! We started a year and 9 months out, once we knew we were getting married there and had visited the property. We couldn't do too much other than gather information (and prices) until we could book, which was a year out (had to wait for rates to be published). As soon as you start nailing things down, the sooner you can move on to the next thing...or narrowing it down. Ex: you may have a question about flowers. Head it as FLOWERS and then subhead each type...your bouquet, bridesmaids, boutonnieres-groomsmen and fiance, corsages-mom's etc, centerpieces for reception, flowers for ceremony, hair, anything else you can think of. then send pics, ask questions, tell her what you're thinking and get a price quote on everything under each subheading. This was REALLY helpful when we got prices ages ago and with a different coordinator...since that time, the florist vendor changed and so did the prices/styles. We were able to negotiate and get something we liked at the price we were quoted originally. We did this with EVERYTHING and felt good about the direction we were going in and knew when we were done, had the price and could move on. Even when we forgot something, I added it into the heading it belonged under... The big thing that started to guide us with all of this, believe it or not, was using a different color each time we sent emails...we knew what to look for and it made it quicker....trust me, there was a TON going back and forth when all was said and done, and it made it sooooo much easier...for both of us! With this type of email, I found I got a ton of info at one time and made it easy for her to find and reply to it. We had about a week between each email but so much got clarified each time that it was really minimal once we got close, and I feel like she really knew what I was thinking by the end of it. Any questions I had at the last minute, was just last minute things we thought of. I was stressing about cost and the estimate, but because I had everything along the way, there was only 1 miss with the cost of the ceremony centerpieces and she fixed it within the day I sent the email. By the time we got the final estimate, it was perfect, and less than I thought it would be! :) And even better once we paid in Pesos!!     

Originally Posted by Amanda Gardner View Post

May12
How early would you recommend sending the information to the wedding coordinator? I didn't want to send to early, but also do not want to wait to late. I'm getting married march 15, 2013. I'm so happy everything worked out great for you!

By the way...Frank (my Husband...that's so weird to write!! :) ), said to tell your fiance's to get an ap on their phone that has pesos/ dollar currency conversions! Made it very helpful for us when negotiating things down there! :)

sheryl

i love love you youtube video soo cute.   i know im sorry we couldnt meet up on wednesday, i think i saw you guys a couple times also.  aww thank you so much, and im glad you spied lol.  friday morning, i was like oh nooo its raining for your wedding.  im glad nayeli was there for you as much as she was.  we worked with alex alot more than nayeli and he did a great job. 

we ended up paying half of the cost between the two wedding packages, which was fine. wish they would tell you this

but we cant wait to go back or go to another of their locations!

congr

YAY!!! You will love her!!

Originally Posted by k032379 View Post

TAG!!!! I finally heard back from N after 2mos & 8 emails later. She seems really nice though.

How did you pick your flowers? Did you just choose the colors and they supplied any flowers that matched or did you have flowers to choose from? Also, were the flowers included in the wedding package if you did not pick "local" flowers?

I am so sorry that you had so much drama on your wedding day! At least it turned out well!! :) 

Originally Posted by May12 View Post

By the way...Frank (my Husband...that's so weird to write!! :) ), said to tell your fiance's to get an ap on their phone that has pesos/ dollar currency conversions! Made it very helpful for us when negotiating things down there! :)

What exactly did you pay for in pesos? Was it just what was owed to the resort?

There are flowers to choose from, but I sent her pictures of things I liked because I didn't like the options very much. The only thing that was a little wonky was the centerpieces, but again, weather was the factor. The vases couldn't be completely filled with water with candles floating on top and rose petals on the table were not working (too much wind). Certain flowers are included, depending on what you want, but if you want an upgraded type, the will charge the difference. TIP...colored Cala Lilies are a fortune! This was my first choice for my bridesmaids, but the cost skyrocketed with the new vendor...we had to re adjust and compromise on a price. We did have some local flowers (literally-they picked them from the grounds) for the ceremony that we wanted on the table. They didn't charge us for it. :) I think a lot will depend on the package you have.

Do you have the flowers catalog?  

Originally Posted by Kristen5469 View Post

How did you pick your flowers? Did you just choose the colors and they supplied any flowers that matched or did you have flowers to choose from? Also, were the flowers included in the wedding package if you did not pick "local" flowers?

I am so sorry that you had so much drama on your wedding day! At least it turned out well!! :)