Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Brides! I need help.. We are getting married oct 16 2013. I'm Hving trouble figuring out decorating..... Did the hotel provide everything at extra cost? Did anyone use or is using an outside source to help? Bring down your own decorations? I wanted candles at my table but the hotel is statin there is a charge of $60 per table to light them... Can I just light them??

Originally Posted by soontobeorozco View Post

Brides! I need help.. We are getting married oct 16 2013. I'm Hving trouble figuring out decorating..... Did the hotel provide everything at extra cost? Did anyone use or is using an outside source to help? Bring down your own decorations? I wanted candles at my table but the hotel is statin there is a charge of $60 per table to light them... Can I just light them??

We brought some of our own decorations...we brought our own centerpieces. Where are you having your reception? If outside, it's way too windy to have real candles. We used flameless candles and it was perfect.

Hi ladies, I got married on March 28th and I've received a few emails regarding my experience so I figured I'd post here as I know how invaluable this forum is to brides to be - so here goes:
  1. Be mindful of the wind...omg, the wind. At night it drops the temps a lot.
  2. We were blessed, had beautiful weather on our wedding day so only believe the weather forescast the day of or a few days prior cause it pretty much called for rain all week. Now the day before our wedding was AWFUL. 70 and cloudy and windy. I was devastated and so worried that my wedding day was going to be the same but thank god it wasn't. Yes I prayed :)
  3. Be sure to ask to use the inside of CECCO too. They have a bar there and that's also where we had our cocktail hour with the Mexican trio.
  4. If you can, do a tasting of your meal. We also had a private rehearsal dinner at Chez Isabelle and we did a tasting of that meal and our reception dishes. Glad we did. Though they were delicious - one was very salty so we had an opportunity to let the chef know.
  5. The food on our rehearsal dinner was PERFECT. Probably everyones favorite meal of the week. It was pricey to have a private rehearsal dinner and rent equipment to play our slideshow but it was more than worth it.
  6. The dinner at the reception, although amazing, it was lukewarm :( I was so upset. But what could I do.
  7. I ended up moving the cake cutting inside after dinner and speeches (we skipped the garter and bouquet stuff...most of my folks were married. So it was great because they have couches and the bar is there. I also had my photos, relief station and flip flops for the girls inside CECCO at a table.
  8. Once dancing started, the wind was not an issue because we all warmed up and the wind calmed down.
  9. Not sure who you are using for photographers but ours was the house photographer. They were good, not great. They were also late so we have NO photos of Corey getting ready.
  10. I was also not too happy with our table floral arrangements but again, what can you do. Everyone loved how I did long tables and brought my own lanterns. In the end, no one cares. They also forgot to bring the flowers from the alter to our sweetheart table. Sigh. again, what could I do.
  11. I gotta say though, the staff that helped us during our reception were phenomenal. Amazing, amazing!
  12. Are you having a DJ? Make sure to have a playlist for him. I did...people loved the music. It'll give him a guide and he was a cool guy. When he was getting ready to play the song 'Shots' by LMAFO and Lil Wayne, he coordinated with the waiter to bring shots to all of us at the dance floor. So awesome!!!

Below are some photos and here is a link to my FB album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200497604498704.1073741825.1115296839&type=1&l=7e8b7bf057 * LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL LL

Did you bring down your lanterns for your reception dinner or was the hotel able to provide them? Same with the flowers? I love your table option you did... How many people did it fit? And how many people did you have at your wedding?

Hi girls!  I'm getting married @ the Excellence in November and having a hard time piecing together costs.  Did anyone have a private reception?  Do I have to pay for tables, chairs, napkins, etc?  Or is that included in the packages?  

Anyone get their bridal hair and makeup done at the salon?  Any recommendations on who at the salon i should request?  I'm going to have a trial?

I'm thinking of getting an outside vendor for photography and paying the extra money.  Has anyone used the photographer they have on site?  I really wasn't impressed with what i saw on the website.  Maybe it just needs to be updated?

Thanks!! 

We had a private reception for 60 people. The "basics" are included... We had round tables that were provided (square tables cost more), basic table white table cloths and napkins were provided as part of your package. I found that the prices of things really did depend on the number of guests that are attending. Less than 20 is all a part of the package. Over 20 and you start paying for lots of extras.

I had my hair and makeup done and loved them both!

I took a photographer with me. It ended up being cheaper to take the photographer and his wife than getting an outside vendor. We also were able to have pictures of all our events and not just our wedding day. 

Originally Posted by soontobeorozco View Post

Did you bring down your lanterns for your reception dinner or was the hotel able to provide them? Same with the flowers? I love your table option you did... How many people did it fit? And how many people did you have at your wedding?

Hey! Thanks for the kinds words. I had 35 people at my wedding and each table held 17 or so per table. I pretty much brough all the decorations with me but I did leave the lanterns so they may still have them. The flowers weren't exactly what i ordered :( I was a bit disappointed with that but I also brought the mason jars with me. I left those as well so she may still have those too. I preferred the long tables - looked more elegant. Hopet this helps! Best of luck in your planning. Kim

Hey! Thanks for the kinds words. I had 35 people at my wedding and each table held 17 or so per table. I pretty much brough all the decorations with me but I did leave the lanterns so they may still have them. The flowers weren't exactly what i ordered :( I was a bit disappointed with that but I also brought the mason jars with me. I left those as well so she may still have those too. I preferred the long tables - looked more elegant. Hopet this helps! Best of luck in your planning. Kim
Thank you so much! It does I started talking to the planer and its like $25 per lantern. Peir 1 having a sale so got them way cheaper. I'm so glad you posted pictures it was able to help me put my ideas together a bit better with a picture of what I wanted! Did you have your reception at the ceceo Terrece? If so how was the lighting there?