Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Originally Posted by danak71 View Post

We don't get married until this Saturday but I'm wearing foot jewelry.

Congrats!!!!

Thanks danak!!! OMG this SATURDAY!!!!! What does this week look like for you? Stressed or calm?

So what do you mean by foot jewelry? I am seeing a lot of really cool stuff on etsy, but the sandals are sole-less.. is that what you're doing? My dress is hemmed for a flat and I want to do a decorative "sole-less" sandal, but what to do for reception, walk to the beach, etc.. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated :)

So we're in Mexico already (got here yesterday). We came early to buy the OOT bags and some authentic things to put in them. We're staying in a condo in downtown Cancun we rented and checking into Excellence Wednesday. This week is actually pretty calm. I finished my planning the end of March and basically went shopping for clothes for the trip in April. My mom, one of my hostesses and one of my bridesmaids came down early with us to help shop for OOT bag items and put it together. It's been a HUGE help. As far as the foot jewelry, yes it's a sole less sandal. All bling for me and I bought some different ones for my bridesmaids and hostesses as well since we're getting married on the beach. I purchased some purple shoes (my wedding color) to wear for the reception. I also purchased some REALLY cute flip flops from www.theaccessorybarn.com to wear from the room to the beach and then when I'm ready to kick off those 4" purple heels. LOL My mom also bought some flip flops from The Accessory Barn to wear with her dress and they're really cute too. Their prices were really reasonable. I got my foot jewelry on ebay but I got the jewelry for my bridesmaids from a shop on Etsy. Let me know if you'd like the name.

Thanks danak!!! OMG this SATURDAY!!!!! What does this week look like for you? Stressed or calm? So what do you mean by foot jewelry? I am seeing a lot of really cool stuff on etsy, but the sandals are sole-less.. is that what you're doing? My dress is hemmed for a flat and I want to do a decorative "sole-less" sandal, but what to do for reception, walk to the beach, etc.. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated :)) 

SO exciting that you are already there! What a fab idea to find items in cancun. I love that! I hope that my planning is finished by the end of May so I can relax and shop in June, and no worries!

You were working with Nayeli, right? She is sooooo difficult to work with thus far! I hope once you get there everything is all ironed out and goes perfectly!!! Any tips for getting thru the next 2 months with her? lol

Also, and this is for all brides, what did you use as centerpieces/card cages, decor, etc? 

Thanks everyone, and thanks for all the great info danak :) I will have to check the website out and have fun kicking off those 4" heels!!

SO exciting that you are already there! What a fab idea to find items in cancun. I love that! I hope that my planning is finished by the end of May so I can relax and shop in June, and no worries! You were working with Nayeli, right? She is sooooo difficult to work with thus far! I hope once you get there everything is all ironed out and goes perfectly!!! Any tips for getting thru the next 2 months with her? lol Also, and this is for all brides, what did you use as centerpieces/card cages, decor, etc?  Thanks everyone, and thanks for all the great info danak :) I will have to check the website out and have fun kicking off those 4" heels!!
I got the idea from May12 up here and SO glad we did it! We got really cute canvas beach bags that say Cancun (all different designs and colors) for $2 each, maracas for $2.50 each and hand painted margarita glasses for $4 each. I've been working with Nayeli but she's been awesome for me. I tried to send her a lot of questions at once and while I waited for her to respond I worked on other things. If there was an answer I needed right away then I called her from my phone or ipad via Skype and it cost me about $.10/min. She and i have exchanged countless emails over the past year. Right before I left Atlanta I sent her ONE email with EVERYTHING we talked about over the past year so we would both have it all in one place. Everything I requested, everything she consented to, any concessions she made, any out of the ordinary requests, etc. I broke it down for her by day and activity. If you'd like to see a copy of the email I sent her, PM your email address to me and I'll forward it to you. I have 7 tables plus our sweetheart table. I have round glass mirrors I'm putting on the center of each table. In the center of the mirror is our table number which is printed on vellum paper rolled in a cylinder with a flameless tealight inside. All of our table numbers bear some significance. For instance, table 21 has a large 21 printed in the middle and underneath is printed "The day in April Marcus proposed". I purchased some square glass vases from Dollar Tree (2 per table) that will go on either side of the table number. In them I'm putting shells or rocks, flowers and a submersible tea light. On the outside of the mirror I will have 4 tealight holders with flameless teallight candles. Pretty simple but I brought everything with me and it cost me about $150 total for what I needed for 7 tables. Good luck with your last 2 months of planning. We check into Excellence tomorrow so if there's anything anyone needs me to communicate to Nayeli let me know. We meet with her at 9am!

Originally Posted by Momoarc83 View Post

JUST GOT MARRIED April 20!! It was absolutely AMAZING!!!! We had a 5pm ceremony on th beach with 80 people.  Reception at CECO Terrace was AWESOME! Everyone said it was the BEST wedding they've ever been to!  If you want to see pics, friend request me on FB: Monica Arcuri.  It won't let me post on here for some reason...

I just added you on FB! Can't wait to see the pictures and congratulations!

I've been emailing Nayeli and she hasn't asked for the details that we have picked for the wedding. I didn't see a choice of where to have the reception in the many PDFs she sent me. Did you just email her what you wanted or are you supposed to wait?

Thanks for all the info! I am so excited for you and greatful that you answered my questions, even while in Mexico!!!! I hope this week is incredibly perfect!!!!!!!!!! Of course, let us all know every detail when you get back and share pictures! All the best!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Sdto View Post

I've been emailing Nayeli and she hasn't asked for the details that we have picked for the wedding. I didn't see a choice of where to have the reception in the many PDFs she sent me. Did you just email her what you wanted or are you supposed to wait?

You wait until about 30-60 days before the wedding to pick your location(s)... But you can certainly let her know what your preference is ahead of time. Best of luck!

Originally Posted by danak71 View Post

I got the idea from May12 up here and SO glad we did it! We got really cute canvas beach bags that say Cancun (all different designs and colors) for $2 each, maracas for $2.50 each and hand painted margarita glasses for $4 each.

I've been working with Nayeli but she's been awesome for me. I tried to send her a lot of questions at once and while I waited for her to respond I worked on other things. If there was an answer I needed right away then I called her from my phone or ipad via Skype and it cost me about $.10/min.

She and i have exchanged countless emails over the past year. Right before I left Atlanta I sent her ONE email with EVERYTHING we talked about over the past year so we would both have it all in one place. Everything I requested, everything she consented to, any concessions she made, any out of the ordinary requests, etc. I broke it down for her by day and activity. If you'd like to see a copy of the email I sent her, PM your email address to me and I'll forward it to you.

I have 7 tables plus our sweetheart table. I have round glass mirrors I'm putting on the center of each table. In the center of the mirror is our table number which is printed on vellum paper rolled in a cylinder with a flameless tealight inside. All of our table numbers bear some significance. For instance, table 21 has a large 21 printed in the middle and underneath is printed "The day in April Marcus proposed". I purchased some square glass vases from Dollar Tree (2 per table) that will go on either side of the table number. In them I'm putting shells or rocks, flowers and a submersible tea light. On the outside of the mirror I will have 4 tealight holders with flameless teallight candles. Pretty simple but I brought everything with me and it cost me about $150 total for what I needed for 7 tables.

Good luck with your last 2 months of planning. We check into Excellence tomorrow so if there's anything anyone needs me to communicate to Nayeli let me know. We meet with her at 9am!

Thanks for all the info! I am so excited for you and greatful that you answered my questions, even while in Mexico!!!! I hope this week is incredibly perfect!!!!!!!!!! Of course, let us all know every detail when you get back and share pictures! All the best!!!!!!!!!