Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Originally Posted by Momoarc83 View Post

I don't think any of the pacakges come with a private rehearsal dinner.  I bought the Gold Package and I was just quoted $22/per person for a private rehearsal dinner.

Hi!

The packages come with the option for a 'semi private rehearsal dinner' at either the Mexican or Italian restaurant. But a private one is $22 a person and even more if it's an outside of the resort guest. We are even having a slide show and to rent the projector and screen is $350. Be prepared as things add up quickly. The basics are included in the package. :)

Hi! The packages come with the option for a 'semi private rehearsal dinner' at either the Mexican or Italian restaurant. But a private one is $22 a person and even more if it's an outside of the resort guest. We are even having a slide show and to rent the projector and screen is $350. Be prepared as things add up quickly. The basics are included in the package. :)
Oh cool! That option isn't actually listed under any of the packages so I didn't know. I knew about the private dinner $22/person but never heard mention of the semi-private for free option.

Hi Alexis!

They do have a sound system and a mic for the ceremony. Ours was in the Gazebo, but I'm sure they have it for the beach ceremonies as well, and it was easy for everyone to hear.

The X-Lounge for cocktail hour is beautiful and they add high top tables for you. You won't need additional chairs as there are plenty of beds and couches around. I'm sure you can decorate if you want to but it really isn't necessary, and it will be windy being on the beach. They can bring your flowers from the ceremony to the reception though. (and then to your room after the wedding!)

We did not use a dance floor and when we asked about it, they said it wasn't really necessary. Do ask for curtains so it can define the space for you. (I posted some pics up here that shows that) We had also asked about rose petals on the dance floor area, but apparently they are slippery and some mishaps have occurred....not advisable! Dancing on the concrete floor was perfect, and people even had their shoes off. My 2 cents, save your $ for something else...like some spa time!!

Happy planning!!

Sheryl

Originally Posted by alexis17 View Post

Hi girls!  I have a couple questions I was hoping a past bride could answer - or anyone else that may have the info :)

We are doing the ceremony on the beach and will likely have a good amount of people - maybe around 60.  Is it hard to hear the officiant and the bride and groom?  Did anyone use microphone/speakers?  I hate when you go to a ceremony and you can't hear what anyone is saying, so I wanted to check on this.  I asked Nayeli almost 2 and a half weeks ago, but you know how it goes.

Also, does anything need to be rented (tables, chairs, linens) for cocktail hour at the X lounge?  Did any past brides decorate there?  It looks pretty as is, but wanted to check so it's not a surprise.

Any past brides who had their reception at the CECO terrace, did you rent a dance floor or just go with the concrete floor that's there?  Is a dance floor necessary?

Appreciate input so much!

Alexis

Originally Posted by Diane Eng View Post

Hi All...I'm having a Symbolic ceremony on the beach, the minister's name is Roxana.  Has anyone been married by her?  And if so...was it difficult to understand her?

Also, the private rehearsal dinner included in our wedding package gives us the option of having the dinner at Agave or Toscana?  Does anyone have any strong recommendations for either or?

Agave is partially outdoors but beautiful and great Mexican food. Toscana is Italian (food is good-not the BEST I've ever had and wasn't our favorite restaurant in the resort), it's also where they have the buffet breakfast every morning. I'd go with Agave for a change of scenery, but if you really want AC, go with Toscana.

As for the ceremonies, ours was legal, but Nayeli was the one that actually did the talking-the Judge was standing next to her. They may have one of the WC's doing the translating if she does not speak English...something to definitely ask your WC!

Good Luck!

Sheryl

My wedding at excellence is now less than 4 weeks and I am starting to panic about the severe lack of communication from Nayeli, our coordinator.  I have literally recieved no additional information other than what is on the website.  Have not picked flowers, not had a final cost quote, or even discussed prices.  We also still aren't sure whether to have a symbolic or legal ceremony and have asked for the wording of each and have had no response.  I am feeling very let down.  We didn't meet with Nayeli when we visited but Daniella who has since been fired,  I feel like she promised us a bunch of stuff during our tour but now have nothing in writing!  

Is anyone else experiencing issues with this?  

Hi All...need some help.  We are thinking of having our wedding reception at the Ceco Terrace outside as pictures look beautiful!  My main concern is how bad the mosquitos might get....for any brides who had their reception outdoors, can you advise if this was an issue?  My wedding is on May 19th, so not sure how bad the bugs are in May. 

Has anyone had their reception indoors at the EPM?

Does anyone have pictures or know the difference between the bamboo chairs and the tiffany chairs?  We do not want to use the white chairs with the covers that are provided.

Does anyone know if you can subsitute menu options for the dinner at reception?  We received our menu options, but didn't know if we could pick and choose from each menu to customize?

What documents are required for a legal ceremony?  Just curious as to if we need to bring our birth certifcates or whatever else??

Thanks in advance!