Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

What is the beach like @ EPM? Is it rocky or mostly soft sand? Is it hard to get beach chairs?

What were your favorite restaurants? Do any of them require reservations?

Would you recommend a swim-up suite or roof-top terrace?

What are the BEST menu options for the reception? Are there extra costs involved over and above the SILVER or GOLD package prices?

BrennaS: You looked so beautiful on your wedding day!  I am new to this forum and I am trying to learn more about EPM.  I posted some questions about the resort on a previous reply.  Would you mind answering my questions?? TY!

Originally Posted by Brennas View Post

just married.jpg

wedding girls.jpg

wedding guys.jpg

It's hard for me to answer this because everyone has different opions on these things. My experience is necessarily the best answer, but I'll try.

Beach is beautiful! It's white and soft. I only went in the water a few times and it was fine. Didn't spend much time in there.

Favorite restaurant was Agave. We did not visit every restaruant, and Agave could be my favorite because it was a time after the weddign that I was the most relaxed, so I actually had an appetite and the mood was romantic and fun.

We had a Swim up and we LOVED it. It was really close to everything and yet, still pretty quite and private. Yes, you see people across from you sometimes, but during the day no one can see in your room because of the lighting and glare. I walked around naked confidently in our room ;) I'm sure the rooftop are more private, but we loved jumping in the pool whenever we wanted and our family came to lounge at our area a lot. I loved spending this time with them so it worked perfect for us.

It depends what you like to eat for the food. I think the caprese salad is the best and wish I woudl have had that instead of the salad we picked. The avacado soup is reallly good. I didn't really eat much that night, so I can't say much on the subject. Also, we had the Silver package so I'm not sure about the Gold items.

Yes, decorations and upgrades for centerpieces are charged above the package prices and for any guest meals over 20, but you get a great wedding just sticking to the items offered in the package.

Hope that helps :)

Originally Posted by Sandytoes615 View Post

What is the beach like @ EPM? Is it rocky or mostly soft sand? Is it hard to get beach chairs?

What are the BEST menu options for the reception? Are there extra costs involved over and above the SILVER or GOLD package prices?

Thanks for the link! I'm also thinking about ordering paper lanterns and was wondering about the lighting for it. LED sounds very easy to deal with.

How many different sizes did you get? Is the 14" the biggest you got in your pictures that you shared few days ago? And smallest 8"?

Originally Posted by MsBlissMpls View Post

I ordered the "no frills" lanterns from Luna Bazaar.com. They were awesome to work with when I called to talk to them a few times about fast shipping, being we needed the lanters fast.

Here is a link to the site and the battery operated LED lights I bought for our 14" lanterns. They worked out wonderfully. The only bad part was that the WC did not return all of the LED lights to me, so I'm buying more so we can hang our wedding lanters in our 4 season porch.

http://www.lunabazaar.com/triple-led-light-for-paper-lanterns-makes-any-lantern-battery-operated.aspx

These were nice because no cords were needed. Also, I did read that one bride paid to have the lanterns put up and the resort lighted them for free - I'm not sure how that worked out for her becuase that was not offered to us. Maybe someone else could chim in if they know about that option. If you do not want to rely on the resort (which I suggest) I'd get the LED lights and make sure to tell the WC you want ALL of them and the lanterns back after the reception.

I hope that answered your question. Happy Planning!

The beach is amazing. There was some seaweed when we got there, but by the time we left, it was totally clear. It is powder white sand. We spent most everyday at the beach and never had a hard time getting chairs.

Our favorite restaurant was Chez Isabelle, the French one. It is one of the nicer ones and the atmosphere is really romantic. Definitely order the french onion soup. We never made it to Agave.

We just did an excellence club ocean view. We loved it because we were not on the first floor where people could walk by and see us. It gave us the privacy to lounge on the patio in our robes and open the door by the spa tub.

There are extra costs everywhere. There are lots of upgrades even from the gold package. We did the gold package and just picked within it to avoid problems. 

Originally Posted by Sandytoes615 View Post