Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Does anyone know who the resort photographer is at this point? I know it has changed several times. When I was at EPM last week for my site visit the wedding coordinator that gave us the tour (Alejandro maybe? sorry I don't remember his  name) told me that it was Juan Carlos but I don't see any information anywhere for him so I'm wondering if  that's accurate. Or maybe Juan Carlos is the name of the photographer but the company name is something different?

YAY! Glad you decided on EPM...it is very luxurious, sleek and modern. That's what we loved about it and had the same...holy smokes, this place is amazing feel from the second we pulled up. We knew it was THE place!  

We are going with the in-house photographer and it is supposed to be Blue Lens...at least that is who we met and quoted us and we have not heard of any change. I think Juan Carlos is a photographer with them. Did you see them in the lobby?? They're usually to the left of the staircase if you're looking down towards the bar.

Makes me want to double check though...I think I'll die if it did change...we're leaving in 11 days!!!

I'm calling Nayeli today for some answers so I'll let you know!

Originally Posted by danak71 View Post

Does anyone know who the resort photographer is at this point? I know it has changed several times. When I was at EPM last week for my site visit the wedding coordinator that gave us the tour (Alejandro maybe? sorry I don't remember his  name) told me that it was Juan Carlos but I don't see any information anywhere for him so I'm wondering if  that's accurate. Or maybe Juan Carlos is the name of the photographer but the company name is something different?

Originally Posted by May12 View Post

Actually, I just looked it up. Juan Carlos IS a photographer with Blue Lens. His name is Juan Carlos Lancelotti. Email is jclancelotti@yahoo.es and the phone is 011 52 998-1086763

May12, Thank you so much! There are so many photographers by the name of "Juan Carlos" when I put it in Google! And I emailed one that I found via Google and he told me he wasn't the photographer for the resort so then I was confused LOL

My travel agent and I have calls in to Nayeli AND her boss trying to find out what Saturdays they have available in May and June at 4 pm but she's not responding! We have March 23, 2013 held until today but we're considering getting married a little later in the year if there's something available. But I don't want her to release March 23 and then she doesn't have another date available in May or June just be cause I waited to hear from her!

If you think about it, would you just ask her if you speak with her if she has any Saturdays in May or June at 4 pm? I would love you forever if  you were able to get that answered! My travel agent and I have been trying to no avail and I wish I had thought about it when I was there with the wedding coordinator that gave us the tour. But we didn't think about changing the date until we had already left the resort.

ABSOLUTELY!! Can you give me your name(you can PM me if you want) and I'll tell her you need the info, and see if she can tell me if something is open! 

Originally Posted by danak71 View Post

May12, Thank you so much! There are so many photographers by the name of "Juan Carlos" when I put it in Google! And I emailed one that I found via Google and he told me he wasn't the photographer for the resort so then I was confused LOL

My travel agent and I have calls in to Nayeli AND her boss trying to find out what Saturdays they have available in May and June at 4 pm but she's not responding! We have March 23, 2013 held until today but we're considering getting married a little later in the year if there's something available. But I don't want her to release March 23 and then she doesn't have another date available in May or June just be cause I waited to hear from her!

If you think about it, would you just ask her if you speak with her if she has any Saturdays in May or June at 4 pm? I would love you forever if  you were able to get that answered! My travel agent and I have been trying to no avail and I wish I had thought about it when I was there with the wedding coordinator that gave us the tour. But we didn't think about changing the date until we had already left the resort.

Originally Posted by May12 View Post

ABSOLUTELY!! Can you give me your name(you can PM me if you want) and I'll tell her you need the info, and see if she can tell me if something is open! 

Thank you so much! I just PM'd you!

Lynn

Karisma resorts must do great things for the travel agents because mine really pushed their properties also, except he pused el dorado maroma. I refused and looked for EPM on my own because i knew what I was looking for and epm had everything on my wishlist. I did love Azul beach but yhey allowed children & I wanted an adult only resort. But I did hear karisma resorts treat you like royalty & he also was willing to give me free wedding packages, free nights a cheaper price for the presidential suite that i wanted & many other perks but it just didn't do it for ne. I loved EPM once I found it he took over and made everything happen . K

Amanda, I just got back from Mexico last night. We rented a car and did the site visits on Friday and EPM was AMAZING!!! I brought my fiance, my mom and 2 of my girlfriends (who are bridesmaids) with me. We looked at both Excellence properties and El Dorado Royale (which is the resort my travel agent really wanted us to pick). We all fell in love with EPM from the time we drove up. Everywhere you go, they have aromatherapy which is so soothing and relaxing-from the lobby to the spa, to all the restaurants we went to. ERC is very similar in structure; however it doesn't have the same "luxury" feel at all. That was the one thing that stuck out to all of us was that EPM had a feeling of luxury. EDR was very nice but it was HUGE. They brought us around from one place to the next on a golf cart because it was really too much to try and walk it. We're expecting 60-70 people so trying to get everyone from A to B at that large a resort seems problematic to me. They treated us to lunch at EDR and the one thing I will say is that their food is DELISH! If there was one reason to make me book my wedding there it would be because their food was so darn good! But overall I knew that EPM was the place for us. I just wanted to see some of the other resorts I had been considering so I wouldn't have any regrets or wonder if I had chosen the best place. I know now that I have!
Amanda, I just got back from Mexico last night. We rented a car and did the site visits on Friday and EPM was AMAZING!!! I brought my fiance, my mom and 2 of my girlfriends (who are bridesmaids) with me. We looked at both Excellence properties and El Dorado Royale (which is the resort my travel agent really wanted us to pick). We all fell in love with EPM from the time we drove up. Everywhere you go, they have aromatherapy which is so soothing and relaxing-from the lobby to the spa, to all the restaurants we went to. ERC is very similar in structure; however it doesn't have the same "luxury" feel at all. That was the one thing that stuck out to all of us was that EPM had a feeling of luxury. EDR was very nice but it was HUGE. They brought us around from one place to the next on a golf cart because it was really too much to try and walk it. We're expecting 60-70 people so trying to get everyone from A to B at that large a resort seems problematic to me. They treated us to lunch at EDR and the one thing I will say is that their food is DELISH! If there was one reason to make me book my wedding there it would be because their food was so darn good! But overall I knew that EPM was the place for us. I just wanted to see some of the other resorts I had been considering so I wouldn't have any regrets or wonder if I had chosen the best place. I know now that I have!

Nayeli emailed me a couple of months ago and told that it was VIP. K

YAY! Glad you decided on EPM...it is very luxurious, sleek and modern. That's what we loved about it and had the same...holy smokes, this place is amazing feel from the second we pulled up. We knew it was THE place!   We are going with the in-house photographer and it is supposed to be Blue Lens...at least that is who we met and quoted us and we have not heard of any change. I think Juan Carlos is a photographer with them. Did you see them in the lobby?? They're usually to the left of the staircase if you're looking down towards the bar. Makes me want to double check though...I think I'll die if it did change...we're leaving in 11 days!!! I'm calling Nayeli today for some answers so I'll let you know!

Welcome back!! It looks like you had an amazing time and than you soooooooooooo much for all of the much needed info and ideas you've shared! :)

I called Nayeli and "she was in a meeting". I'll let everyone know once I hear from her. So, I just wrote to Juan Carlos to see what was up with some of our planning and just to touch base to see if he was there! Here is his response...(and the quickest response by far...Kudos to Juan Carlos!)

Hi Sheryl

we are still here ... :) We remain Bluelense, but in the exellence our name is VIPphoto have, from bluelense ... in fact I already took 2 years here.

Here we have all the information of your wedding, because we work with the coordinators, and we are every day at the hotel.

if you want we can meet before your wedding day for details. We're saying in lobby

I tell you that the package you have with us, we will be ready from geting ready to the end of dinner. (the quality of our work is still VIP...)
 we will take lots of pictures for you to choose which one you like, one or two days after your wedding.

for more details please write us

keep in touch!

regards

Juan Carlos Lancelotti

Originally Posted by MsBlissMpls View Post

Yes. My 2 cents is that when we were there 2 weeks ago it was VIP. I posted the link to thier site a little while ago.