Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Thanks for the heads-up.

We are ready to read EVERYTHING and take our nice slow time when we meet with N. and then take our nice slow time to go over everything when we check out :) 

I made my final trip to the mall today and I'm ready to pack it into my luggage tomorrow. This is when I get VERY excited. 

Originally Posted by lciz View Post

MsBliss

Almost time for you!!! I am soooo excited for you!! :)

We paid the $500 and the $45 per person over 20 ppl... You shouldnt have to pay the extra $45 though if you only have 18 ppl in attendance.

We got home at midnight last night... exhausted isnt even the word for it!! So much fun though :)

Also make sure you double check your check when you leave... They DOUBLE charged me for everything and it was in pesos and so confusing, I refused to leave the resort until they converted everything to English and into USD... Thank God I am incredibly detail oriented or they would have gotten us for double our money. I almost had a heart attack!

Have safe travels!! and most importantly enjoy your soon to be husband and take in every moment!! CONGRATS!

YAY!! So glad you're on track with everything now that N has finally gotten back to you! I'm so excited for you!! Safe travels and good luck with everything!! :)

Lciz, THANK YOU for the heads up about the final bill! That's been my biggest fear...random charges that we didn't expect! Did Nayeli give you an invoice of charges before the wedding??

Yes Nayeli did give us a final "bill" 2 days before the wedding and everything was 100% correct.... but you dont pay until you leave the resort.... and when it came to check out time and the front desk people gave us our real final bill from Nayeli (in Spanish & Pesos) I noticed that it was A LOT of money... Like A LOT. I started to panic big time b/c the language barrier is rough sometimes. I was trying to tell the guy at the front desk it was wrong and he kept telling me it wasnt. We went back and forth for a few minutes until I started to tear up and demanded he print out a detailed bill and convert every single item into USD and English... (the bill was just one lump sum, it should never be one lump sum for any resort/hotel) and so I saw that they double charged us, they got Nayeli on the phone and she came to the front desk to apologize (sort of)... It should have never happened, BUT mistakes do happen and thats why I wanted to give you girls the heads up. My husband would have been the type to just pay it and leave, thinking thats what he owed... I know better ;-) Thank goodness!!

Originally Posted by May12 View Post

YAY!! So glad you're on track with everything now that N has finally gotten back to you! I'm so excited for you!! Safe travels and good luck with everything!! :)

Lciz, THANK YOU for the heads up about the final bill! That's been my biggest fear...random charges that we didn't expect! Did Nayeli give you an invoice of charges before the wedding??

Below are a few pictures that came "free" with the gold package... Oscar did them. He is pretty good, they are definitely "cheesy" but since Adrian is very artsy we agreed to have the pics that came with the package taken of us before dinner one night (since we didnt want them of the wedding b/c we had Adrian). That way we have some posed pics and some artsy pics... Oscar was definitely one of the best at the resort... The pics are fun!

They will try to up-sell the heck out of you. These were "free" but then they took 97 more pics that they said we could have for $250 bucks.... We said ok (only because A) we do not have any good pictures of us over the 4 years we have been together B) we take horrible pics together and C) we are an easy sell :/ ) BUT I did go back to the room to get my money and came back only with $150 bucks and told him its either $150 or we willl pick our free 24 and leave... He agreed to the $150! Worth it for us to have some good non-wedding photos of us... finally :)

Also after taking wedding photos, TTD and these dinner photos, we found out that I am the reason we take such bad pictures :/ haha they kept saying "Jamie, you perfecto- LC please try harder"!! What a shot to the ego ;-)

DSC_7287.jpg

DSC_7300.jpg

DSC_7327.jpg

DSC_7379.jpg

DSC_7395.jpg

Lciz, These pics are very nice. In your honest opinion, do you believe the upgrade to Excellence Club was worth it? Thank you for all of your greatly appreciated advice. K :0)

Below are a few pictures that came "free" with the gold package... Oscar did them. He is pretty good, they are definitely "cheesy" but since Adrian is very artsy we agreed to have the pics that came with the package taken of us before dinner one night (since we didnt want them of the wedding b/c we had Adrian). That way we have some posed pics and some artsy pics... Oscar was definitely one of the best at the resort... The pics are fun! They will try to up-sell the heck out of you. These were "free" but then they took 97 more pics that they said we could have for $250 bucks.... We said ok (only because A) we do not have any good pictures of us over the 4 years we have been together B) we take horrible pics together and C) we are an easy sell :/ ) BUT I did go back to the room to get my money and came back only with $150 bucks and told him its either $150 or we willl pick our free 24 and leave... He agreed to the $150! Worth it for us to have some good non-wedding photos of us... finally :) Also after taking wedding photos, TTD and these dinner photos, we found out that I am the reason we take such bad pictures :/ haha they kept saying "Jamie, you perfecto- LC please try harder"!! What a shot to the ego ;-) 600x399px-LL-7529ddb1_DSC_7287.jpeg 600x399px-LL-1d831cee_DSC_7300.jpeg 465x700px-LL-28491fd3_DSC_7327.jpeg 600x249px-LL-6c703844_DSC_7379.jpeg 600x398px-LL-122c2c18_DSC_7395.jpeg

WOW, I have not been on since Friday(I moved-stressed as a mother!!) and had to read up on 8 pages worth!! 

Iciz - your pics are amazing! You are gorgeous & you both look so happy!

Thanks for the heads up about the bill. My FI would have just paid it too. I thought you had to pay the wedding off 24 hours before the big day, guess that has changed.

MsBlissMpls- so glad that you are finally hearing from N and you leave FRIDAY!!!! Exciting! I hope everything works out for you & you have a beautiful wedding! 

Congrats to all the April brides...May is just around the corner!! We leave on April 29th - May 8th and I will be on the lookout for weddings to watch before ours lol!

lciz - your photos are super cute. You are a doll! That is so funny about your photo advise from the photographer, I always get the same thing! I'm really nervous about having so many photos taken of us. Just in my dress fitting it took many many photos for me to like one of them, I'm always talking or moving around or half blinking. I'm really bad a posing. You look like a natural.

lliaPSU is getting married this Friday and said that she was going to try to update us all on Saturday :) Can't wait!

I really wish I would have had that Wedding Planner Excel Spreadsheet in the beginning of this process. Now that I have that filled out I feel SO much better. Having my own notes and choices from the brochures picked is way different than having it in their format and it feels more final now. I'm using all of the advice that everyone is giving and the "things you wish were different" like having a knife placed on the cake table ahead of time and putting those specific notes in my planner. Not sure if it will help and I know certain things will just be lost in the mix, but it feels good to address it at least once and then see what happens! The whole thing's a gamble, but that's ok cheers.gif

lliaPSU - Sorry, I left you out.I didnt realize you were Friday! CONGRATS!! :) Hope your days is amazing!

I completely agree about the wedding planner. After I received that it took so much worry away & was so relieved. Not sure why they dont send that baby out sooner or in the beginning. 

I have yet to get that spreadsheet. But I also have not picked one thing out yet. I have no idea where to begin!

Originally Posted by Sharon99 View Post

lliaPSU - Sorry, I left you out.I didnt realize you were Friday! CONGRATS!! :) Hope your days is amazing!

I completely agree about the wedding planner. After I received that it took so much worry away & was so relieved. Not sure why they dont send that baby out sooner or in the beginning. 

Iciz you are such a beauty!!! I love the photos you shared, and they don't look cheesy! We took some engagement pictures last year at ERC, and they cost $840, but the in house photog got it cut down in half, and we ended up paying for them. Now I feel cheated because we were easy sell. We got 42 pictures for $420!!! Man we suck! lol

Originally Posted by lciz View Post

Below are a few pictures that came "free" with the gold package... Oscar did them. He is pretty good, they are definitely "cheesy" but since Adrian is very artsy we agreed to have the pics that came with the package taken of us before dinner one night (since we didnt want them of the wedding b/c we had Adrian). That way we have some posed pics and some artsy pics... Oscar was definitely one of the best at the resort... The pics are fun!

They will try to up-sell the heck out of you. These were "free" but then they took 97 more pics that they said we could have for $250 bucks.... We said ok (only because A) we do not have any good pictures of us over the 4 years we have been together B) we take horrible pics together and C) we are an easy sell :/ ) BUT I did go back to the room to get my money and came back only with $150 bucks and told him its either $150 or we willl pick our free 24 and leave... He agreed to the $150! Worth it for us to have some good non-wedding photos of us... finally :)

Also after taking wedding photos, TTD and these dinner photos, we found out that I am the reason we take such bad pictures :/ haha they kept saying "Jamie, you perfecto- LC please try harder"!! What a shot to the ego ;-)

DSC_7287.jpg

DSC_7300.jpg

DSC_7327.jpg

DSC_7379.jpg

DSC_7395.jpg