Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Hi Jass7

We in October 2012 and I sent out invites and all resort info and pricing at the end of Janruary just to be on the safe side.  lol........ you never know who may need to save up for the occassion or use their tax money.

K

Originally Posted by Jass7 View Post

I'm glad you heard back from N and everything seems to be in control again. What date is your wedding?

I'm waiting to hear back from N, hopefully soon. How long before you guys sent our formal invitations?

Super cute LauraR597!!!!!!

K

Originally Posted by LauraR597 View Post

IMG_0240.JPG

We are putting sunblock, spf lip balm, tissues, Aleve, and Hershey's hugs and kisses. We have a survival kit poem that goes with them. Our bags are personalized, normal size gift bags. We could have gone with a bigger bag, but we didn't want to feel like we needed to fill up a larger bag. The flip flops were our splurge.

Even though our wedding is small, we still decided to hire a DJ. We thought that all of our guests had to make sacrifices to come to our wedding and it is costing them a lot. To help show our appreciation, we really want to put on a good party for them! Instead of hiring the hotel DJ though we hired DJ Discomovil Cancun for $600 for 4 hours. They have been AMAZING to work with. We also decide to rent a dance floor from them for $500 They were cheaper then anywhere else we got quotes from. We are also getting cold fireworks and a few other things. He was so nice, even after N gave me the wrong dimensions for the dance area, he went to the resort and physcially got the measurements himself to make sure the floor would fit. Great!

Just thinking about the flowers, has anyone considered getting an outside florist? I know there are some great referrals on this board. Would this be allowed if we just paid the vendor fee of $150? Just a thought....

I also read a review on trip advisor that said that wedding their daughter had at the resort was great...except for the flowers! Apparently they were all practically dead when they arrived at the resort. Can you imagine paying $430 for the orchid arrangment and then having it arrive looking like dead flowers!?!

I love those flip flops LauraR597! Where did you get them? And were they expensive?

I'm currently running out of patience waiting to hear back from N or whoever took over. It's been 5 days, and I know they are on vacation time, but it would make me feel better if I heard back since we booked our trip and would like to look into ordering invitations. I feel like I'm gonna be rushing to get things done for September.

We ordered them from partyflops.com. They were $5.95 for women's and $6.45 for men's. The colors are a little off from what we were expecting, so be aware of that if you order some. Don't stress. You have plenty of time before September. Start picking your stuff out and when she confirms, order it. I would imagine you'll hear back today or tomorrow. I've never heard back on a weekend and it usually takes 5-6 days to get a response.

Would anyone be able to send me the cake choices (pictures) for the gold package? As well, with the gold package do you get 4 cold apps and 4 hot appetizers? I would email N but I am still waiting to hear about the questions I emailed her a week ago. My email is ndeault@hotmail.com Thanks!!!

Wow! What a crazy week on the forum! ....I had my heart in my throat when I saw that Lciz posted about the change in wedding planners...again. Hang in there....it's going to beautiful and perfect! :)

I heard from Nayeli this weekend so I feel better, but geeeeez...I don't know if I can handle another one at this stage of the game! Deep breaths...deep breaths...

As for the flowers....that's outrageous! When we ran into this a couple of months ago, they were able to honor the original price that was quoted., kind of. We wanted orange cala lillis for the bridesmaids and thought they'd be in the $45-$75 range based on the conversation with Gustavo. They ended up being $230!! WHAT!? We compromised, got different flowers but at least got the price to $50 each instead of $110 each. If you have an email about it I'm sure they can at least get close to the price! Fingers crossed for you!

What have you guys decided on the ceremony music...guitarist or ipod?? I'm still on the fence with this. Nayeli says they have big speakers and someone to que everything, but I'm still not sure it will sound right...

With the cake, we found a cake we fell in love with(see below...burgundy ribbon instead of green) and sent her the pic. She asked the chef and it was a YES, they can do it...no additional charge! If there's something you like or an idea you have, they can usually work with you on it. :)

green_cake_4_t.jpg

Wow I cant believe the flower prices are that high. Glad to hear you were able to compromise with them to get them lower. Hopefully anyone else having this issue can work out a deal with them too.

We are going with the guitarist for the ceremony. FI doesnt want to use the iPod for anything that day. 

That cake is beautiful!! I have not picked a cake yet. I really dont understand the cake pdf lol! It just has 10 pics with numbers. No pricing or anything that tells you which ones are for what package. Did N say you will have to supply the decorations for the cake? On the info pages it says if you want flowers, ribbon etc on the cake the bride & groom must supply it. I found that very odd...