Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

I think the response time is pretty slow normally...I emailed her on the 24th and she got back to me on the 28th. I usually allow 5-7 days before I get annoyed.  Just for the fact that 1 they are on relaxed time and 2 she is the only one that has to handle everyone's weddings. Maybe she will respond tomorrow! This thread is also helpful. If you have a specific question you can usually find it here instead of waiting to hear back from the wc.

When I email the wc I try to have a list of questions/concerns/selections all at once. That way she isnt getting one or two emails from me a week! Its definitely the hard part of a DW. Good luck and no worries!

Thanks Sharon! I only had that one question this time around, I had emailed her last week with bunch of questions and she got back to me in 3 days. So that was good. And I have looked over these posts about photographer fee and pretty much know what the answer will be, but need that in writing, since it seems to change often. I would like to book a photographer soon, and need to know if they are able to shoot weddings there still.

Jass7, when I was asking about photographers I was told that only La Luna and Del Sol were not allowed and the fee is $500 to bring them to the resort. We are using Adrian Herrera of Victor Herrera.

As for response time, I have never gotten quick responses. I usually get impatient after about 5 days. I just sent a whole list of questions to N about everything and was impressed with her responses. I would rather her take her time to get back with me than rush the responses and not take any time. 

Hi Ladies,

I can't believe it is getting so close to our wedding dates for most of us! I am also SUPER frustrated with the slow response time. I find it frustrating because we are in the home stretch. I have so many questions and am not getting the answers! I finally did hear back about the decor rentals. You can use Planner1 with no vendor fee or rent through the hotel. I am not sure which one we are doing yet because I am still waiting to hear back from her about the cost of certain decor stuff at the hotel. I hate the waiting game!

Hi ladies.. I just got back from having my wedding at EPM. Our wedding was on the 24th and we stayed a total of 10 nights, so we got to know the facilities very well. If any of you have any questions, I would be more then happy to help in any way possible.  Just as with many of you, we went through 4 different wedding coordinators and ended up with Daniela a week before we arrived so I also had a lot of anxiety having to start from scratch. There are some things that I wish we would have addressed differently, or had better guidance from the wedding coordinator but it was still such a beautiful experience.

Most of the nightly shows start around 9:30pm and the Alegria Bar will open up once the show ends. The Michael Jackson show on Thursdays gets pretty full, so I would recommend that you arrive a little earlier if you would like your guests to all sit together.

You girls are all so close to your wedding dates congrats. I am new and thought I had it all figured out to get married at excellence playa mujeres in march 2013, but after reading some of the issues with the wedding coordinator now I am concerned that I may have not made the right decision. We have not booked yet so still have time to change resorts. The resort it self looks amazing and have read good reviews on the resort but not so good on weddings.

Would you girls still pick excellence if you knew you would have such a difficult time with the coordinator?

I am looking at Le blanc spa and now the royal in playa del carmen

Any advice would be great!!!

The resort is amazing and I think it will be perfect, even with the slow response time. I haven't really had an issue with the coordinator but I call with questions if it's urgent. I'll be able to tell you after the wedding if it was all worth it :)

On another note, I saw some super cute totes at Old Navy for $1 that would make great OOT bags in case anyone is still looking for some.

Originally Posted by Amanda Gardner View Post

You girls are all so close to your wedding dates congrats. I am new and thought I had it all figured out to get married at excellence playa mujeres in march 2013, but after reading some of the issues with the wedding coordinator now I am concerned that I may have not made the right decision. We have not booked yet so still have time to change resorts. The resort it self looks amazing and have read good reviews on the resort but not so good on weddings.

Would you girls still pick excellence if you knew you would have such a difficult time with the coordinator?

I am looking at Le blanc spa and now the royal in playa del carmen

Any advice would be great!!!

I would still go with EPM, hands down! When we were "scouting" for locations, I did a lot of research and emailing back and forth, and the bottom line is, most people down there do have a slow response time. When we went to look at the resorts of our final picks, we couldn't even get some of the wedding coordinators to meet with us! (On that note, ME by Melia was the worst offender!) We found that there were so many "up" charges with many of the places that it started to not make sense....$5000 for premium bar, double or triple the cost for florists, DJ, lighting etc, etc...

With Nayeli, I found the best communication so far was to also put everything in 1 email under headings and sub headings. Each time we respond we have a new color we use so it's easy to see the most recent. I also attach pictures of ideas for her and try to get as specific as possible and ALWAYS ask about price. This way it's all in writing wrapped up and ready for when we're there. She is very thorough in responses this way and I have had by far the best experience with her versus the other 3 WC's we dealt with. It DOES take her a week to get back to us, usually every Friday or Saturday night we'll get her reply...but she answers all of our questions! I feel like we're winding down to very specific details at this point(Should we cut the ribbon that will be going around the napkins or will you? type of questions.) We are all set with flowers, DJ, Spa services,type of cake, Menu, Ceremony and reception details...it feels good!

Something that is helpful too, I've sent her an excel file of our guests with when they are staying, who's rooming with who, wedding party, and meal choices (just waiting on final seating arrangements in case a few more guest decide to go.) She is now ensuring they're booked and has a handle on the group. Our TA will then be giving the final list to her about 2 weeks before the wedding so when they assign rooms, all the guests will be in the same area.

For the OOT bags, we decided to have a name tag made for each of them. This way when we give the bags to Nayeli, all she has to do is match them up with their room number and have the bell boys deliver them. Our bridal party has nicer bags with different time-lines and gifts in there, so it will make it easier to not confuse it with another guest.

With tables...We are doing round tables but Gustavo did say they have rectangular ones...can't see how they wouldn't! With the round tables, 10 people can fit around them but Nayeli said 8 is better so it's not so crowded. I asked her about centerpieces and what's included, and with the gold package, 2 centerpieces are included, and whatever flowers you have at the ceremony they'll bring over to the reception.     

Question for you all....Is anyone bringing sparklers??? I saw some really cool pictures taken at night with the sparklers and would LOVE to have them! My only concern is if we can get them into the country! I can only imagine getting stuck at customs with 900(it's starting to feel like that many!) bags of luggage filled with contraband! :)

Another question....Is anyone doing the sand ceremony?? If so, are you bringing your own glass container or using theirs??

2 and a half months to go and I'm starting to get anxiety!! How are you ladies who are having your wedding in April holding up??? And PLEASE don't forget to tell the rest of us all about it and send pics!! :)

Sheryl

Congrats on your wedding! Thanks for sharing your experience!! I have lots of questions :) What are the things that you wish you would have addressed differently or had received better guidance from the WC? Did you have a lot of guests at the wedding? Did you do any outside resort activities? Also, I've been wondering about the seating at the reception. Do they put down the place cards with everyone's name and you give them the seating chart? Gracias!!! And congrats again! 

Originally Posted by riltx25 View Post

Hi ladies.. I just got back from having my wedding at EPM. Our wedding was on the 24th and we stayed a total of 10 nights, so we got to know the facilities very well. If any of you have any questions, I would be more then happy to help in any way possible.  Just as with many of you, we went through 4 different wedding coordinators and ended up with Daniela a week before we arrived so I also had a lot of anxiety having to start from scratch. There are some things that I wish we would have addressed differently, or had better guidance from the wedding coordinator but it was still such a beautiful experience.