Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

I sent it again with the new address. Let me know if it does not work. Other ladies have gotten it, so hopefully the new address helps. I think we are doing OOT bags. Just started looking at custom bags recently, it's kind of hard to plan when we still have people saying they hoping to book, so I don't know how much to buy. We didn't even have our resort or anything picked at 6 mos., so you are doing really well! :)

Originally Posted by crnasmb View Post

Hi Amanda, 

Thank you for sending me that email but for some reason I never got it.  Another email address of mine is miss_shannon7@yahoo.com, maybe that will work.  I'm loving pinterest, thank you for introducing me to this very addicting site! You have some really beautiful stuff on there! Are you doing OOT bags?  Luckily I still have over 6 months left until the big day, because I haven't done much of anything except for choosing the site and sending out save the dates, yikes! Hope all is well:) Shannon

I bought some cute dresses for my sisters at Express when they had 40% off (only $50 per dress). We are not having bridesmaids & groomsmen like people traditionally do, so I'm thinking of just telling everyone our color pallette and asking them to stay in the same color family so photos look nice. (No big print dresses or shirts that look crazy in photos, all solid colors) - but we'll see what happens. We just got my fiance's suit in white and two for his dad and brother in cream from Jos. A Bank. They were buy 1 suit get 2 free! Super great deal, plus we got two free shirts and ties. I don't know how they make money when they are giving away $395 suits, $70 ties and $80 shirts for just buying 1 suit for $395, but those prices are definately in our budget. Here's a photo of the cream colored suit we got. They have a fine stripe in them, but in the photos from a few feet away they just look cream.  The guys LOVE them because they are light, breathable and comfortable.

wedding_suit.jpg

Originally Posted by stefkva View Post

So I'm having a hard time finding bridesmaid dresses. I've been looking for coral dresses that are reasonably priced. I'm not a huge fan of David's Bridal and J.Crew is kinda $$. Any suggestions?  What are you ladies doing for BM dresses?

Amanda,

I love the suit! We're going to wait until there is another sale at Jos A Banks to get the guys' outfits. The buy 1 get 2 free deal is great!

I'm doing the OOT bags, and I have some ideas on pinterest but have also gotten great ideas from this site. Apparently the dollar store is a good place to hit up but I haven't actually tried going there yet. Might venture there this weekend. Our RSVP deadline was early last month but we're still getting responses and a few maybes so I know what you mean about it being hard to plan numbers :)

Hi Ladies!!

Big Question:

For the ceremony are you girls plugging in your ipods or what are you doing for the bridal march/intro/recessional etc?? We have planned on using our ipod but I am really scared its going to sound cheesy. Any thoughts or have you heard of brides using an ipod in the past?

Thanks!!

Only 1 month and 3 weeks!!!

Xo LC

Hey LC,

We were thinking of just using the small system that they include with the setup & bringing an iPod. I have the same concern you have about it sounding cheesy & washed out. A live guitar player or drum group would be ideal in my book. It's hard for a small speaker system to compete with the sound of the ocean and still sound good. I'd love to hear what

everyone else is doing.

Love the suits. What a great deal

I am also doing oot bags. I pretty much bought all my stuff from Target in their travel section. Still need to get a few more items including the bags but am in the same boat, I still dont have a final head count. Just this past Sunday I had my dad tell me he isnt coming...GRR! 

We have hired the guitarist for the ceremony. He will play when people are getting to their seats, I walk in & afterwards I am sure.

I didnt want to have to worry about an ipod & thought it would be great music to set the mood.

How much is the guitar player for the ceremony? 

For the welcome bags I want to personalize each of them with an embrodery, but something less specific like "Playa Mujeres, Mexico" could be re-sold if we do not use them all. I'm thinking personalized for everyone who is booked & confirmed and a few "Mexico" bags for any last minute bookers.

Originally Posted by Sharon99 View Post

Love the suits. What a great deal

I am also doing oot bags. I pretty much bought all my stuff from Target in their travel section. Still need to get a few more items including the bags but am in the same boat, I still dont have a final head count. Just this past Sunday I had my dad tell me he isnt coming...GRR! 

We have hired the guitarist for the ceremony. He will play when people are getting to their seats, I walk in & afterwards I am sure.

I didnt want to have to worry about an ipod & thought it would be great music to set the mood.

The guitarist is $500. I believe that's for an hour too. Here is his name - Javier Rojas  http://www.javierrojas.com.mx/

EPM said he plays random music but I have to double check that.

Good idea with the bags! I would buy Mexico bags right now! lol! We are not personalizing anything, just custom koozie I had made. I wanted to put "Mexico" on the bags too but as time ticks & me not buying bags yet. I doubt that will happen. I planned on buying drawstring bags. Who wouldnt use them again?!? Hopefully I can find ones that arent too $$$

LC - you have 1 month & 3 weeks! WOW!! Its coming fast, I cant wait to hear all about it!

We got our suits at Men's Warehouse more than 50% off because they were last years style. They are just a typical oatmeal colored linen. They look really nice.

We are also doing OOT bags, but we decided instead of spending our bulk of money on personalized bags, we are going to use paper bags with a personalized logo and put a nice set of personalized flip-flops in them (with a multitude of other small inexpensive things). That way our guests won't have a lot to take home with them. I also managed to write a poem for a "survival kit" which is going to be the theme of our bags. 

I think we are going to use the sound system they provide. They also said they have the typical wedding songs to play on it. I'm not so worried about music for the ceremony because who needs music when you have the calming sound of the ocean?!!

Gustavo is no longer with Excellence!

Ileana just told me that she is the new wedding manager. I have worked with her a little before but I mainly coordinated with Gustavo. I hope the wedding isn't as disorganized as they seem to be :/

Also, Ileana just emailed me the contact info for their minister:

"The Symbolic Ceremony which is performed by a non denominational minister; itâ€s a Christian Ceremony and if you want to have more information about it, you can contact directly our Minister, her name is Roxana Fernandez and her e-mail address is: roxanafm@hotmail.com"