Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Originally Posted by Trisha Erwin View Post

Iâ€ve just had some dreams about my make up not being right and then I had a dream about the stylist cutting my hair off( I have long brown hair) and dying it blonde while I was there, and it freaked me out! But, thatâ€s because Iâ€m really big on my pictures, I want them to turn out good, and Iâ€m a picture freak! Other than that, Iâ€m feeling okay as of now! 

LMAO smile120.gif

I thought I was the only one with pre wedding nightmares! I had one that I woke up late and I had 20 minutes in total to get ready for my wedding. On top of it my hair was greasy, there was make up smeared all over my face... Oh my goodness, I was just a wreck! It's crazy that the anxiety can creep into our dreams like that.

Originally Posted by Brennas View Post

Hi Everyone!

I just got back from EPM to check everything out this week and to meet with Yamina. SHe is exactly what everyone seems to describe her as.. SO sweet, extremely organized and willing to do whatever it takes to personalize and make your wedding exactly what you want. I ma so confident and VERY happy with my choice to have my wedding here!

I asked her about the "extra decor" that is included with the gold plan and she said they have the regular decor such as the rocks with glass candle holders that you see in their pictures online or the giant seashells.. you can choose one or the other and the extra would be rose petal aisle runner, or a large flower arangement for the ceremony.

The resort is incredible! Very romatic and the perfect atmosphere for a wedding. I have to say, I am still torn between having our wedding on the beach or at the gazebo!  They are both beautiful!

If anyone has any questions about the resort or would like any pictures, let me know! I am a travel agent , so I took a ridiculous amount of pictures of the place to share with my clients.. and our guests of course :)

Thanks for the info! I would love to see a few pix!

Hi Ladies, I need some advice!!  I decided to switch my date from 4/6/12 because it is Easter weekend and the rates will be higher for my guests.  I'm trying to decide between 5/4 at 5p and 4/13 at 5p.  I'm worried that May will be too hot and 4/13 is Friday the 13th!  I'm not superstitious but it still kind of bugs me...  The remaining Fridays in April are booked for the timeslot I want.

Brenna, was it very hot when you were just there?

What does everyone think about a 'Friday the 13th' wedding?

Originally Posted by IliaPSU View Post

Hi Ladies, I need some advice!!  I decided to switch my date from 4/6/12 because it is Easter weekend and the rates will be higher for my guests.  I'm trying to decide between 5/4 at 5p and 4/13 at 5p.  I'm worried that May will be too hot and 4/13 is Friday the 13th!  I'm not superstitious but it still kind of bugs me...  The remaining Fridays in April are booked for the timeslot I want.

Are you totally set on having your wedding on a Friday? Do they have any Saturdays? I don't think the weather will be much different between the two dates, so if Friday the 13th bugs you, I'd go for May.

Well I'm glad I'm not alone!! It really is crazy how it creeps in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeluzu View Post

LMAO smile120.gif

I thought I was the only one with pre wedding nightmares! I had one that I woke up late and I had 20 minutes in total to get ready for my wedding. On top of it my hair was greasy, there was make up smeared all over my face... Oh my goodness, I was just a wreck! It's crazy that the anxiety can creep into our dreams like that.

I was going to do April 19th but my TA said the rates are lower the following week through August. You may want to check with your TA & see if there is a price difference for 4/13 & 5/4. Not sure if that will help with your decision.

Originally Posted by IliaPSU View Post

Hey Ladies,

I haven't posted on here in a while! I'm getting married on July 14, 2012, and I have been pretty sold on EPM until now sad.gif. We did a site visit in January and this resort is AMAZING and Yamina was wonderful! But I watched a TV show of a Cancun wedding several months back at Le Blanc Resort and I can't get that resort out of my mind! Since I'm getting married in July, I'm really concerned about the heat for the beach, and I hear that Gazebo area poses some problems for pics. The other resort I'm looking at has an AMAZING gazebo area!

I'm so confused! Any advice???????

Nicole

Wow, you must have watched Trish + Dave get married from Style Network...we shot that ;)  Yamina is awesome, July IS HOT, really look for that a sunset time, that starts around 6:30ish to avoid the heat...  

Originally Posted by lolanikki View Post

Hey Ladies,

I haven't posted on here in a while! I'm getting married on July 14, 2012, and I have been pretty sold on EPM until now sad.gif. We did a site visit in January and this resort is AMAZING and Yamina was wonderful! But I watched a TV show of a Cancun wedding several months back at Le Blanc Resort and I can't get that resort out of my mind! Since I'm getting married in July, I'm really concerned about the heat for the beach, and I hear that Gazebo area poses some problems for pics. The other resort I'm looking at has an AMAZING gazebo area!

I'm so confused! Any advice???????

Nicole

Hey Trisha!

I hope you haven't had any wedding nightmares lately! cheesy.gif

I think intimate weddings are great. FH and I are very happy with our decision to go with a destination wedding versus something traditional. We aren't really a traditional couple anyway.

We'll be there 8 days/7 nights as well. Like you, I wish we had more time, but I think EPM includes an anniversary perk in their gold package, so it's something to look forward to.

How long have you and your fiance been together?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trisha Erwin View Post

Yes itâ€s totally insane! Iâ€m excited just to know someone that is getting married at the same resort at the same time & place!

Iâ€m not having a MOH or a best man; we just decided to keep it small & simple. Just the two of us! Then should be 6-8 people!

I was a little worried about the heat too, but itâ€ll all work out!

We are going to have a symbolic ceremony and get married here in Oklahoma at the court house, or justice of the peace or whatever they call it. J I just didnâ€t want to do the whole marriage certificate in Spanish, and worry about the blood test and all that stuff down there. We will go by August 19th as our anniversary date though, and not the date we get married here at home. Iâ€ve heard that when you go to the courthouse to get married, it feels like youâ€re going to sign a few papers, and is just like signing mortgage papers or something! cheesy.gif

Iâ€m feeling pretty much the same way you are, but I know that itâ€ll all work out. Iâ€ve just had some dreams about my make up not being right and then I had a dream about the stylist cutting my hair off( I have long brown hair) and dying it blonde while I was there, and it freaked me out! But, thatâ€s because Iâ€m really big on my pictures, I want them to turn out good, and Iâ€m a picture freak! Other than that, Iâ€m feeling okay as of now!  

We are staying at the resort for a 7nights/8Days, so itâ€s a honeymoon/wedding. I would love to stay longer, but got to get back to work! We plan on taking another vacation in February (hopefully) though, and so thatâ€ll be sort of like our honeymoon.

Iâ€m so excited though!! We have been together a long time and we are now making it official!