Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

I can't speak for any of the other brides, but I felt 101% safe traveling to Mexico.  All of Mexico's problems are at the border.  You take a transfer straight from the airport to the resort going through 3 security checkpoints.  No one is getting in unless they should be there.  However I would not recommend taking trips off the resort.  A, because of any safety consers you may have.  B, because once you get there you WON'T want to leave!  Excellent is amazing!  You and your guests will not be disappointed!!

I've been to Mexico several times and I too feel 101% safe. The problems in Mexico are the border. I've traveled to Punta Cana and I would recommend the Cancun area over DR each time.

This resort is absolutely amazing and I don't think you can lose if you chose this resort for your wedding.

Hope this helps!

Nicole

Valerie,

Glad to hear you are using the resorts vendors, I am also going to do the same, its just easier to coordinate,  I am getting  married August 12, 2011, and I am glad you heard all of those good things about the dj as well.  We are going to make a list of songs as well.  I check in on these message boards on and off, to see everyones reviews, they are so helpful, when my date gets closer I will def be on here all the time posting my experiences.   Good luck planning, it will be here before you know it.  Looking forward to your pics and reviews.

Lisa

8/12/11

20 guests booked so far!!!! :-)

Originally Posted by ValerieandBrian2010 View Post

Hi!

We are using Juan Navarro (the resort's photographer). I think he takes nice pictures and he works with an assistant, so that saves the $200 vendor fee to bring in 'outside' photographers. And, yes, we booked DJ Mannia as well. He got wonderful reviews on here and Yamina was telling me that garuntee DJ servies for anyone other than him--so I went with the safe bet! I am just bringing down a list of songs, so that if it isnt going as planned I can tell him to follow the list! I also heard he does a great job MC'ing...so that is helpful to have him introduce everything..you know?

2012 will be here before you know it! We picked EPM in November of 2009....so TIME FLYS!

I will def send pictures and write a review once I am back!

Valerie

Valerie,

One question for you, how far in advance did you book the resorts vendors for your wedding?  We didnt book our vendors yet and I am wondering if I should get on top of that and email Yamina.

Which is my next question, do you book through Yamina or Juan Navarro and Dj Mannia yourself?

Thank you in advance,

Lisa

8/12/2011

Hi!

We are using Juan Navarro (the resort's photographer). I think he takes nice pictures and he works with an assistant, so that saves the $200 vendor fee to bring in 'outside' photographers. And, yes, we booked DJ Mannia as well. He got wonderful reviews on here and Yamina was telling me that garuntee DJ servies for anyone other than him--so I went with the safe bet! I am just bringing down a list of songs, so that if it isnt going as planned I can tell him to follow the list! I also heard he does a great job MC'ing...so that is helpful to have him introduce everything..you know?

2012 will be here before you know it! We picked EPM in November of 2009....so TIME FLYS!

I will def send pictures and write a review once I am back!

Valerie

I'm coming up in 3 months.  March 5, 2011!

Hey Ladies!

I know we just had a mini "rush" of brides getting married at EPM and I was just wondering who is next?! I am getting married on 2/6/11...so, slightly two months away. Anyone close to the big day too? I am really looking forward to it and REALLY appreciate all the brides writing reviews once they got back!!

Thanks ladies!

Valerie

Grandstreet- We are going to have around 25-30 guests

Valerie-  We booked our photographer in September for our March wedding, but I had been talking to photographers since last spring.  The first two I tried to book were already taken on my date by the time I got around to actually confirming them.  It worked out though because I ended up going with my first choice which I thought was too expensive at first, but then was able to work something out.  We are going with Del Sol.  http://delsolphotography.com/blog/ and so far they have made me feel like a princess when planning.

Nikkis2qt-  I got a lot of similar feedback from some of my guests when I told them the initial plan.  I have done a site visit and I assure you they will feel safe there.  I tried to point out the same thing that Daisy said about getting out at the airport and going straight to the hotel.  I told them they are more likely to be murdered or kidnapped in their local city.  Eventually they all came around.  It is your day afterall :)

I think we have the majority of our planning done now so, its all about waiting and working out at this point! 

Hi Lisa!

We booked them very early...just because I am a list person and I like to check things off my list :-)

I probably booked both back in May. I just told Yamina I wanted Juan and DJ Mannia, and since they are the "in house" vendors, she handles coordinating the confirmation with them. Which is also helpful!

Let me know if you have any other q's! happy planning!

Valerie

Valerie,

Thank you so much!  Good I am glad one less thing to coordinate and worry about, definitely going to book them soon.

Happy Planning!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

We booked them very early...just because I am a list person and I like to check things off my list :-)

I probably booked both back in May. I just told Yamina I wanted Juan and DJ Mannia, and since they are the "in house" vendors, she handles coordinating the confirmation with them. Which is also helpful!

Let me know if you have any other q's! happy planning!

Valerie

Hi Ladies!

We are getting married on January 29th 2011... it's coming up so fast!!!  We have about 50 guests.... yay!

Question- what did you all do for music during the ceremony?  What decorations did you do for the ceremony and reception?  Should I bring them or count on just doing flowers they provide?

Also- any suggestions on items for the OOT bags?

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Have no fear with this part of Mexico. My parents are in the travel industry and go to the Cancun area resorts at least once a year. They (and I) have also traveled most of the Caribbean and parts of Central America. The resort areas are very safe. They went to EPM in October and said at first you think the driver (from the airport) is lost because you are going through forests and several sets of gates, but this keeps everything safe. The place is beautiful and they said it would be hard to top this resort (and they would know!)

Originally Posted by nikkis2qt View Post

Hey girls! Thanks for the wonderful reviews and feedback! I need to quickly pick a destination, we aren't planning until Nov. 2011, but I want to send the save the dates soon.  Were any of your guests concerned about the safety in MX.  I had originally chosen Riviera Maya and Cancun area for a destiantion and started getting such negative feedback that I became a little disolusioned. : /  So I started looking in the DR, but came across this resort and it seems so nice!  So now i'm stuck between an amazing resort in DR and this one.  My problem with DR is that the flights are really expensive for some of my family traveling from other parts of the US. 

I am just wondering how many of you were actually presented with the safety concerns and how you dealt with it.  I really think it's a bit unwarented.