Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

I am getting married in 12 days!  We are using Ivan Luckie and he has been great so far as communication goes.  His photo style is much like Del Sol and the others.  I would recommend him.  If you go to his website you can see his work.  His fee is awesome and very affordable and he stays for the whole day!  I assume you just pay when you check out but I am not sure.  I am getting married at the gazebo and also using the Even Terrace as our reception location.  We have 20 people going down with us and we leave next Thursday.  I am so excited and just want it to be here.  We are using the DJ Mannia which is the only one allowed at the resort and I think they have a contract with the resort.  We got a great deal on them as well as they were offering a special last February for 30% off.  Let me know if you have any questions as I know how nerve racking this process can make you. 

Thanks so much Huston!  I just got my MRI results this morning and I have a torn completely torn ACL, and a grade 1 tear in my MCL.  So looks like surgery will be scheduled upon my return.  Good news is.... the past week I have iced the heck out of it and the swelling has gone down.  I can walk with a brace and I have just a slight limp.  I am determined to be wearing my heels,.  My fiance said that he would carry me in them if he had to!  :)  Plus Yamina said that I will have access to a wheelchair.  I have about 15 in my wedding party so I guess I have plenty who will be fetching my drinks.  Maybe it won't be so bad after all:)

See you down there in about a week!  You too Heather!  Hmmm...I think there is someone else that will be down there at the same time.  Anyway!  I'm getting so excited!!

Originally Posted by HoustonBride10/31/10 View Post

Oh no I AM SO SORRY Daisy!!

But don't let this spoil your special day!

Maybe beautiful lace and silk ribbons off the crutches, and tie the same ones on your bouquet?

I'm all booked for Playa Mujeres on March 10, 2012 - yea you read that right - 2012. I wanted a spring wedding and this spring is too soon. Plus I live in Florida and would not take my chances during hurricane season! My parents just spent the week down there and met with Yamina (lucky them!) so I just sit and plan and wait. I know there are several of you with weddings coming up and I can't wait to hear and see all about them so I have a better idea what to expect.

Welcome!  4 more days and I am off to Mexico!  I will give a full report when I return.  Maybe I will see some of you ladies down there next week?!?  Can't sleep, can't eat...so excited!!

Originally Posted by JenFL View Post

I'm all booked for Playa Mujeres on March 10, 2012 - yea you read that right - 2012. I wanted a spring wedding and this spring is too soon. Plus I live in Florida and would not take my chances during hurricane season! My parents just spent the week down there and met with Yamina (lucky them!) so I just sit and plan and wait. I know there are several of you with weddings coming up and I can't wait to hear and see all about them so I have a better idea what to expect.

Houston, and any of you other girls headed down next week...

Have you checked the weather?  There is a tropical storm coming through the day I land (Tuesday).  I wish I wouldn't have looked. Making me nervous...crikey! 

Hope this guys is right...

http://www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Weather/

How much bad luck can one girl have on her wedding day?  Rain and crutches?  Geeze!

Don't worry!!!  The weather is BEAUTIFUL here :)  My wedding is tonight, and luckily the forecast doesn't show any rain on the horizon (just 20-30% through the entire weekend!)  And even if it does rain, it will be just a quick shower which is good luck.

I met Yamina yesterday, and she is awesome.  SUPER accomodating.  We also changed quite a bit around... originally I wanted to do the ceremony on the beach and the dinner at the Lobster House but not we are doing the wedding in the gazebo and at the event terrace.  Why?  The Gazebo has better acoustics, beautiful views of the ocean, shield from sun and wind, great photo ops.  You can always go straight to the beach (just 10 steps away) after the ceremony and take pics there as well.  Oh!  And guests don't have to change their shoes at all.  We are then having cocktail hour at X-Lounge and dinner at the event terrace.  The event terrace is completely secluded and your wedding dinner will be private.  Honestly, the other thing that really made us choose it over the Lobster House is, because it would be a lot more intimate and WE CAN BE LOUD!!! At the Lobster House, they ask that the party music be turned down at 11 for the comfort of other hotel guests (completely understandable), but for my party, even if the music were to be turned down, the volume of the guests would be very loud, so now we can make as much noise as we want on the event terrace til midnight!!!  I definitely went for the extension option and added extra time to the dinner so we can really party it up.

More updates to come later after our wedding tonight- yaaaaaayyyy!!

Hi everyone, we just got back Wednesday night from our fantastic wedding week!  Hurricane Paula blew in the morning we all flew there, and after a few flight delays, we only lost one couple as guests (American completely cancelled their flight almost 24 hours early...WTF?  Then they couldn't get rescheduled...) 

Anyway, other than the rain on the day we arrived, the weather was beautiful the whole time.  I want to write a more detailed review later (things have been hectic with work and getting back in the swing since we got home), but I wanted to share that the resort is wonderful and Yamina is attentive to everything you could need.  Please don't stress about anything, it will be taken care of!! 

We had our wedding on the beach, which was beautiful but WINDY!! I think it was especially windy the day we were there but just be prepared.  We had a very small group (13 guests) and wanted to keep it all really casual, so we had a cocktail hour w/ hors d oeuvres, the cake (tres leche - delicious!), etc. at Revive after the ceremony and ended up eating dinner that night at Barcelona (I had wanted Agave or Lobster House, but both were closed).  The resort and Yamina went out of their way to make us feel special and pampered, accommodating anything we needed.  We went next door to the villa with our photographer (Citlalli Rico from Claudia Rodriguez Studios) and took pictures after the wedding.  Citlalli and her sister were a real joy to work with, I absolutely can't wait to see the pictures!! 

I will post more details and pictures as soon as I get them!! 

So thankful that everyone is posting! It really does help ease my nerves from planning.  I am getting married on 11/13, and just found out we will be at Revive Bar and Barcelona :)  If anyone has pictures from their wedding in either of those locations, would love to see them.

Best wishes scrose and AnyaKr!!