Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
I just saw Katrese's TTD wedding photos on Juan Navarro's site. Just beautiful!!!!!
snickers thanks for sharing..her pics are awesome!

Well ladies 18 days until my ceremony and I am sooo excited! Things I've done: Picked my cake and flowers. I also emailed Yamina picutres of table centerpeices from the knot that I would prefer and the cost to upgrade isisnt that much...I'm going to do it.

I booked our lovebirds spa treatment that comes with our package they only do them at 9am fyi...I also booked my hair and makeup, and they sent pics of recent hairstyles...they all look nice.

Still to do: Pick father daugher dance song. Finish OOT bags. Figure out rehearsal and dinner or lunch...who knows.

Is anyone doing a program for your ceremoy? Any ideas?

I think that is it..my head is spinning...but i'm happy!!! smile159.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all -

I just returned May 13, 2010 from my wedding at Excellence Play Mujeres (we were married in a legal ceremony on May 8, 2010).

I'm going to try and be succinct, but figured I'd post a review on here to help ease the minds of some of you that may be as stressed, or more stressed than I was. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions or would like to see pictures.

Planning

We arrived on Monday night, so we had a full week before the wedding. That was helpful for us. I had had some interaction with Yamina prior to the wedding, but for the most part we did everything once we arrived. We had a total of 11 people and chose the gold wedding package. Yamina was absolutely wonderful - we wanted to take her home with us. She met with us briefly on our arrival and we made an appointment to meet with her on Tuesday morning. We spent about 2 hours going over details and that was it. We didn't bring in any outside photographers, etc. so it was pretty simple. The photographer and video person they arrange was very good (at least in my opinion) and we had such a small group we didn't do a DJ or anything like that. We did bring down the iPod dock from our room and play music we wanted during dinner (Yamina took care of all of that). We did our blood test on Wednesday. This was a little nerve racking for me, but it was over quickly and the doctor was very nice. That leads me to my first piece of advice...bring lots of cash!!! The blood test is $200 and must be paid directly to the doctor in cash. The photographer will also bargain with you more if you have cash. They have an ATM in the lobby, but you will end up paying several hundred dollars in fees if you take out a sizable amount. We made appointments for hair, nails, etc. all on Tuesday and the spa had no problem with having times available.

We had originally wanted to have the wedding on the beach, but given the heat, etc. we decided to move it to the gazebo. This was not an issue at all and Yamina handled it like a champ. We were the only wedding that day so we had her full attention. It seems like they try and stick to 1 or 2 weddings a day. The gazebo was absolutely beautiful and I'm glad we moved it.

We opted to have cocktail in the X Lounge and to have dinner on the Terrace. The three piece guitar band played for us and the music was wonderful.

The Wedding

The day before the wedding they took my dress and his suit for pressing (did an excellent job and my dress had lots of detailed beading - no damage, which I was a little concerned about). The dress and suit were delivered in plenty of time on the wedding day.

I was nervous about having my hair and make-up done by someone I'd never met before. I have lots of hair and it's a bit hard to manage, but Mayra did a fabulous job. She gave me lots of pictures and was able to tell me what would work best with the humidity, etc. My make-up was exactly as I'd imagined. Our wedding was at 5 and she was done with me around 2. Even with that much time in between my hair stayed perfect and there were no issues with make-up. The only thing I touched up before the wedding was my lip gloss.

Yamina came and picked me up before the wedding and walked me over to the gazebo. The ceremony was beautiful and everything went exactly as planned. It was a wonderful day that I will never forget. All of our guests agreed that a destination wedding was a great way to go (most of us have been to lots of weddings before, so this was a nice change).

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the vacation or wedding. The staff went above and beyond to meet every need and request. I know that I was a bit nervous about things going well as I hadn't been to the resort beforehand, etc. but Yamina is wonderful and will do anything in her power to make you feel comfortable. She actually went into town and purchased a CD for us that contained music we had heard at the resort and really wanted to play at dinner.

We bought beach bags (3 bucks on Amazon) and filled them with the following for all of our guests:

Sarongs (women)

Cigar (men)

first aid kit

sunscreen

chapstick

disposable waterproof camera (big hit)

shout wipes

tums

Everyone loved the bags and it was nice to do something for our guests.

I am writing a more detailed review of the resort for trip advisor, so I'll post that here as well when I'm done. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cat

I had a question about the suit pressing. My fiance's suit is linen and so are the pants that all the groomsmen will be wearing. Do any of you know if they have a professional steamer on hand at the resort because I believe you're not supposed to iron linen or it will be ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG518 View Post
I had a question about the suit pressing. My fiance's suit is linen and so are the pants that all the groomsmen will be wearing. Do any of you know if they have a professional steamer on hand at the resort because I believe you're not supposed to iron linen or it will be ruined.
Yes they have a steamer. My dress has ruching and can't be ironed either- Yamina emailed me that they do have a steamer. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG518 View Post
Yamina had told me the same thing. My dress had organza (sp?) and considerable detail/beading and it came out perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandres View Post
Thanks for the review Cat! I'm getting so excited - less than 3 months now! I'm using the "house" photographer too so I was glad to hear that you were pleased.
Amy, I hope that you have a wonderful wedding. It was by far one of the best vacations we'd ever had. All of guests loved it and are still kind of on vacation. The house photographer was very pleasant to work with and spoke pretty good English. In our experience everything that wasn't directly with the resort was negotiable. It seemed like he expected us to barter with him a bit over the cost of pictures, etc. Both the videographer and photographer emailed me about 2 weeks before the wedding to see if we had any special requests. If you'd like to communicate with them prior to that I'm sure Yamina could put you in contact with them.