Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrose View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to this website as well! I am working on getting my date coordinated with Yamina, but it should be mid-October! The photographer that she referred me to as the on-site photog is Juan Navarro - does anyone have any experience with him or know anything about bringing in outside photogs? I am really concerned about having quality pictures since there will only be a few guests there. (and am a designer so am very visual!).
Thanks!!
Hey SCROSE..I dont have experience with Jose but his pics look great from the website I actually hired Citalli Rico with Claudia Rodriguez photog and am considering canceling..his pics look comperable.. ps I grew up in OKC..

Ladies I have now seen Juan Navarro's photos and they look great...was he the original photographer for EPM. I really don't feel like rereading older posts. I now have a new photographer for my wedding Dean Sanderson, long story about my original photographer. However if I didn't have Dean I would use Juan he seems to have a great style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca030510 View Post
Hi Ladies!!!
We're back from the wedding and honeymoon and everything was PERFECT!!! I mean it! I had gotten SO stressed for the month or so before we left for EPM! I just didn't think I had done enough to prepare, knew I'd get down there and realize I forgot something super important or that Yamina would somehow let me down... NONE of that happened!!! The week and the actual wedding day were BEYOND PERFECT!!! None of you have anything to worry about... I assure you! Once you get there, Yamina is a dream to work with! She makes sure that you're happy with everything and that you feel comfortable with all decisions made, etc. She also wants to bug you as little as possible so that you can enjoy being on vacation with your family and friends!
I still have no idea how to add pictures, etc. on to my posts, so I apologize for that, but I can add a link to my photographer's website when they let me know that my pictures are ready for viewing!
Just a few details about my wedding...
We ended up having 44 total (including my now husband and I) people come for the wedding. We wanted to have a gathering the night before (even though we weren't doing a true "Rehearsal"), so we had a "Welcome Dinner" on the Spice Terrace the night before the wedding. It was AWESOME! Honestly, this was the thing I was most worried about... there were just so many unknowns. However, Yamina pulled it all together and it was a complete success!!! We brought down a slideshow to show everyone and Yamina arranged for everything for that. The decor, centerpieces, food, drinks, service, etc. were just incredible!!!
I had my hair and make-up done in the spa and Myra (that's not how she spells it, I just blanked on that) was AWESOME! She spent SO much time making sure that it was just perfect! SO much better than I imagined!!! We brought down our own photographers since we had worked with them and trusted them completely! Yamina and the resort were great working with them as well! The ceremony was on the beach and was just beautiful! Our cocktail hour was at the X-Lounge on the beach and we used the mariachi band... HUGE hit! They put on quite a show!!! Our reception was just so much more perfect than I EVER could have imagined!!! The dinner was SOOO good... SOOO good! And, the service was second to none! Edgar managed our reception and couldn't have been better!!! He's just so great! : ) Yamina had the decorations and centerpieces even better than the pictures I sent her... it was beautiful! We used DJ Doremixx and I understand from Yamina that they are no longer accepting outside vendors for the DJ's, but he was beyond incredible!!! We were SO sad when the reception ended!!! It was just literally perfect!
Please let me know if anyone has questions or anything b/c I know it can get stressful not knowing what to expect, etc. Also, like I said, once my photographers puts up our pictures, I'll include a link so that you guys can view those as well!
Good luck with all of the planning and don't stress! It will be fantastic! : )
Thank you for the aboive information to include names! That is a huge help. We just put our deposit down for our wedding/room at Excellence! Getting married on October 30th 2010. Is it true about the DJ? We were looking at getting DJ Doremixx too! Is he less expensive then the on site people?

I haven't actually booked yet, but think we are going with Erick from Claudia Rodriguez. I think his style fits us better and the prices are a little higher but not outrageous! Del Sol was my favorite, but we are on a tight budget! Looks like our wedding date will be October 15...we are waiting on one last "OK" from my fiancee's employer!

I would love to see the flower/cake options too, I have bothered Yamina so much working out the date/time that I hate to ask for those items since I don't really need to decide that for a while. But I'd love to see what the options are.

Also, does anyone know if you have to book your stay through the hotel's website? I found prices a little lower on cheapcarribean.com but am a little nervous to book through them vs. the hotel in case anything needs to change. Thoughts?

You do not have to book your stay through EPM website. You can use any provider. Yamina will just ask for full details of your confirmation number with who you used, when you arrive and what room category you are getting. Once you give her all the details and pick a date, she will send you an official confirmation number. Basically I found with her that once you have a confim number she is really good at getting at questions you need answered within a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_katrese View Post
Ladies I have now seen Juan Navarro's photos and they look great...was he the original photographer for EPM. I really don't feel like rereading older posts. I now have a new photographer for my wedding Dean Sanderson, long story about my original photographer. However if I didn't have Dean I would use Juan he seems to have a great style.
Katrese, no Juan was not the original photgrapher...orig guy was very portrait 80's style which is why I think most people decided to bring someone from off site...I'm still deciding if I should cancel Citialli Rico..It would save me over $2000.00 even if I loose my deposit..UGH!!! smile67.gif