What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#821 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Shauna253 

Does anyone have a good version of 'Can't help falling in love' by Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam. We love it and think there are only live versions, but I want to find the best live version so we can edit out most of the screaming fans :).

Ingrid Michaelson sings a version that will make you cry. It's so beautiful!!!

#822 shes2013

shes2013
    • 118 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm all over the board on songs. I like the iz "somewhere over the rainbow" & other songs I just don't know how they will all flow together

#823 uhura526

uhura526
      • 330 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

I can't decide! I'm thinking of using a steel drum band instead of an actual song with lyrics. It'll go with the Jamaican beach vibe. Thoughts?

I am having a steel drum player during my ceremony and I think I would like him to play  "Is It Love" by Bob Marley.  He will also be playing during our cocktail hour. My family is West Indian so we have to have a steel drum somewhere in the mix at my Caribbean wedding!

#824 uhura526

uhura526
        • 330 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

here's a clip (not of the guy who will be playing at our wedding) but it's an example. I loved it! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgYaoPdMMJ0

#825 mrsnova

mrsnova
          • 280 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by uhura526 

here's a clip (not of the guy who will be playing at our wedding) but it's an example. I loved it! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgYaoPdMMJ0

That is awesome! And perfect for your location!!

Married to the man of my dreams 3.1.13!!
            wedding website: http://kaelaandjoel.ourwedding.com/
            planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...g-thread-3-1-13

#826 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
            • 340 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by uhura526 

OMG that is going to be so much fun! Really bring a touch of the islands and fun to the party. Good Pick!!

#827 WPGBride

WPGBride
              • 203 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

I walked down the aisle to the beyonce instrumental version of ave maria

I'm sorry to the brides who love somewhere over the rainbow " by Hawian artist Israel Kamakawiwo" or IZ or whoever its by, but it was extremely over played the two weeks I stayed at my resort. Every day I heard a bride walk down the aisle to it. And then the first wedding I attend while back at home the bride chose the same song ! I mean its great if you love it, definatly go for it! It's all about your vision and your day, just that its been overdone

#828 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
                • 160 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Music is a challenge for me because I love so many songs.  The only thing I know is we are doing instrumentals as FI LOVES instrumentals, though I am more of a lyricist.  I think the moment and atmosphere needs no words.  My bridal party will come down to Total Praise by Richard Smallwood and I am looking at Christina Perri A Thousand Years for me....Again, I have so many options. This is today,, lol.... The only thing solid is the bridal party song. I would love to have a live musician but we shall see.  I listened to so many songs and added them to our list.

#829 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
                  • 160 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Oh, my other option is that I have a few people close to me who have amazing voices and if I can pick a song, have them record it or sing it live for me.

#830 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
                    • 160 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

I have sooooo many songs I have in mind!! One is "Back at One" by Brian McKnight, "For You" Kenny Lattimore, "golden" chrisette Michele, "if you could see you through my eyes" Kenny lattimore, "giving myself" Jennifer Hudson, "when I'm with you" tony terry, "you are" Charlie wilson, and I have just scratched the surface, lol

Awesome list!! I love so many of them!! Good luck choosing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users