Photo

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#771 maridr2012

maridr2012
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

TKuzma: I also was dead set on Canon D. But, I have a bit more modern beachy songs throughout the ceremony and Canon D seemed a bit too old and stuffy for my ceremony in comparison to the other songs. I kept seeing comments on Vitamin String Quartet's version of Yellow (original by Coldplay) and decided to finally listen to it, and instantly loved it. It's now my definite song to walk down the aisle to. It's an instrumental, but you can easily recognize the song. And it has the perfect buildup. It has the same type of feeling as Canon D. I'm starting my walk down the aisle at about 30 seconds in (letting the 1st 30 seconds play to buildup to my entrance). Check it out. Good luck!

#772 tkuzma

tkuzma
    • 418 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by maridr2012 

TKuzma: I also was dead set on Canon D. But, I have a bit more modern beachy songs throughout the ceremony and Canon D seemed a bit too old and stuffy for my ceremony in comparison to the other songs. I kept seeing comments on Vitamin String Quartet's version of Yellow (original by Coldplay) and decided to finally listen to it, and instantly loved it. It's now my definite song to walk down the aisle to. It's an instrumental, but you can easily recognize the song. And it has the perfect buildup. It has the same type of feeling as Canon D. I'm starting my walk down the aisle at about 30 seconds in (letting the 1st 30 seconds play to buildup to my entrance). Check it out. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the suggestion! It's the first time I've heard of the Vitamin String Quartet, and they seem to have some awesome songs!

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#773 justine416

justine416
    • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Making the Movies Jealous by Kristen McNamara...You will love the words they are perfect! It was co-written by a couple from YouTube that had one of the best proposals.

I can't decide for our song as I want steel drums playing but our song is I Need You by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. If anyone knows of good steel drums songs...

#774 nicc80

nicc80
      • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by KCDawn 

I love both of those songs!  My FI and I are big Jason Mraz fans, so we'll definitely be using those songs somewhere. 

Going with violinists so I am assuming we are all set.  Anyone else considering this for the ceremony music?

#775 lilyletigre

lilyletigre
        • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

We're walking down the isle to The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra's version of "Somewhere Only We Know" originally done by Keane. The recessional will be Keane's original version of the same song.

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole also does a really amazing version of "Sea of Love". We'll be playing this as our guests are being seated.

#776 uhaft

uhaft
          • 102 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

I walked down the isle to Marry Me- by train

#777 Trimalusta

Trimalusta
            • 186 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

I walked down the aisle to "Thank You' By Led Zepplin. It is 'our song' and we had one of our friends play accoustic guitar for it.  He had to bring his own guitar, but this way we didn't have to pay a musician and it was more meaningful.

Beaches Negril, 9/24/2011.

#778 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
              • 253 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

My husband wanted me to walk down to "Simply Satie" Michael Dulin (Timeless) He randomly heard this song on Pandora during a meditation that he was doing and said right away that he would love to see me walk down the aisle to this song. How could I disagree with that? So sweet.

The "aisle" was llooonnnggg, so this song was perfect. We had it timed so he turned to see me at a special part of the song (1min.01 secong). Now my husband has this song as his ringdown for his alarm clock. We get to hear it every morning when we wake up. I love it!

Not sure why YouTube has mixed birds overriding the music, but if you buy it on itunes you can hear the piano music and it is beautiful.

#779 Branya2012

Branya2012
                • 200 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Thank You is our song as well! Great idea to have it as your entrance song...we are thinking of doing it as our first dance song, in a mix with one or two others. We still have lots of time to decide, but it's great to hear someone else has incorporated Led Zeppelin into their wedding! And that you had your friend play it on his guitar makes it so much more meaningful. Awesome!

Originally Posted by Trimalusta 

I walked down the aisle to "Thank You' By Led Zepplin. It is 'our song' and we had one of our friends play accoustic guitar for it.  He had to bring his own guitar, but this way we didn't have to pay a musician and it was more meaningful.

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#780 Dbrewer5019

Dbrewer5019
                  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

We walked down the aisle to "somewhere over the rainbow " by Hawian artist Israel Kamakawiwo"ole . Everyone complimented us on the choice because of the beach feel it had and it just made the whole setting come together .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users