• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#761 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I found it, I found it!!! 

Just the Way You Are - Silverlake (or Vitamin) String Quartet's cover of Bruno Mars

I've loved this song since I heard it, but though it'd be a little cheesy to walk to. When I heard the string version, it's peppy and happy and I just love it for the walk. I'm obviously not into tradition... 

OMG!! That is it!!! Thank you so much for posting. Never thought of this song as a string cover. This is PERFECT!!!

#762 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm so glad you guys like it as much as I do!!!! 

Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

OMG!! That is it!!! Thank you so much for posting. Never thought of this song as a string cover. This is PERFECT!!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#763 Adesir8

Adesir8
    • Site Supporter
    • 108 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

absolutely love! such a good mix of classic and modern!!!! thank you!!

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I found it, I found it!!! 

Just the Way You Are - Silverlake (or Vitamin) String Quartet's cover of Bruno Mars

I've loved this song since I heard it, but though it'd be a little cheesy to walk to. When I heard the string version, it's peppy and happy and I just love it for the walk. I'm obviously not into tradition... 

#764 Mariposaazul

Mariposaazul
      • Site Supporter
      • 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Brides:

I need your savy advice. I want to walk to a thousand years by christina perry. My only perogative is wether I should do it to the actual song of the piano version. Can you please cast your vote. I think the lyrics are going to be distracting but they are also so powerful. Let me know what you think.

Original Song

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rtOvBOTyX00

Piano version

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgaTQ5-XfMM

thanks in advance.

#765 Pucca

Pucca
        • 485 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by shes2013 

Great choices ladies. I think we are leaning towards the IZ - somewhere over the rainbow as well. I just love the vibe of it. Our song is Plain White t's 1,2,3,4 but i'm just not sure if that has the beachy feel i'm looking for, but would love to incorparate it somewhere just don't know where!

I love the Plain White T's 1,2,3,4. We had a beach wedding and we used it for the groom's procession. :) Maybe you can use it there. Or use it during the guest seating. 

Originally Posted by Peach 

Well there goes my plan. 

I kind of thought "Marry Me" by Train was kind of overused... but now I just watched this. 

Ladies, this is my brother on guitar... now I am thinking I might have to walk down the aisle to my little brother just playing this on an acoustic guitar. 

Or maybe while people are being seated?

Anyway, I love it, just the guitar.... :)

Brides:

I need your savy advice. I want to walk to a thousand years by christina perry. My only perogative is wether I should do it to the actual song of the piano version. Can you please cast your vote. I think the lyrics are going to be distracting but they are also so powerful. Let me know what you think.

Original Song

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rtOvBOTyX00

Piano version

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgaTQ5-XfMM

thanks in advance.

So this is tough. I love both versions. However, I will have to vote for the actual song. Of course, if you use instrumentals throughout the ceremony then you should use the piano version; but if you're using songs with lyrics for everything, I prefer the actual song. And personally I don't think the lyrics are going to be distracting. I don't even remember hearing the song after the cue for me to begin my procession; all I remember is holding on to my parents so I wouldn't trip and fall while being so happy to see the man that I love waiting for me. So, even though I chose my song (It is You I Have Loved - Dana Glover) for the lyrics, I didn't hear them on the day. 

#766 Vancouver Bride

Vancouver Bride
          • Site Supporter
          • 85 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hi

I'm so happy I found this thread! I knew we had to pick a first dance and walking down the aisle, but had no idea about how many other songs we needed to pick!!

My instant top faves are "Lucky" by Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat and "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. I love the lyrics and they both sound so beachy!

I've read through the thread and gotten lots of ideas for songs to check out! Thanks for all the help ladies!!

#767 KCDawn

KCDawn
            • Site Supporter
            • 242 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Vancouver Bride 

Hi

I'm so happy I found this thread! I knew we had to pick a first dance and walking down the aisle, but had no idea about how many other songs we needed to pick!!

My instant top faves are "Lucky" by Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat and "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. I love the lyrics and they both sound so beachy!

I've read through the thread and gotten lots of ideas for songs to check out! Thanks for all the help ladies!!

I love both of those songs!  My FI and I are big Jason Mraz fans, so we'll definitely be using those songs somewhere. 

#768 tkuzma

tkuzma
              • 418 posts
              • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

I'm really set on Canon in D for my walk down the aisle.  Any recomendations for an instrumental for the bridesmaids to walk down to?

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#769 lwynn3617

lwynn3617
              • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

I have a long list I need to narrow down for the ceremony.  These are my favorites so I need to make some decisions:

Glory of Love - Ukelele Version

I Won't Give Up on Us - Jason Mraz(I think)

Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World Medly

All You Need is Love

At Last

Storybook Love - Princess Bride - Acoustic Version

Melt with You - Modern English

Better - Tom Baxter

You are the Sunshine of my Life - Stevie Wonder

Just the Way You Are - String Quartet Version

And I definitely want to fit Besame Mucho in the Prelude or Recessional since we are going to be in Mexico and some of my family is Hispanic.  Agh! So many choices, at least I have until October to decide.

#770 pacificgirl

pacificgirl
                • 92 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'll be walking to Get Lost by Chris Ayer. I had never heard it before yesterday, but thanks to Pandora I'm glad I found it! This guy is an incredible musician and has barely ANY views on youtube! I don't know how. 

But anyway, this song is just gorgeous. Listening to it I close my eyes and start to cry because I know in just over a year, I'll be walking down the aisle towards the man of my dreams to this beautiful music. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users