What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#651 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
  • Site Supporter
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

I know that you day is close by, (congratulations) .Steel drums are beautiful! I think that any song you pick with sound lovely, these drummers tend to be very talented and can convert any song and play it. Please let me know what you have decided.

Originally Posted by Aruba Bride 

We are having a steel pan drummer for walking down the ailse. Does anyone have any suggestions for songs that sound really good on a steel pan drum?

Terricca and JeVon ~~Reverse Destination from Bermuda to Atlanta, Georgia~~ July 18th 2012

#652 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
    • Site Supporter
    • 96 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

I think you really have to decide what is going to make you happy. I was inn a wedding a little while ago and the bride walked down to the same song but she had such a long pause between the flower girl and herself that the musicians thought she wasn't going to walk down the aisle, the actually said to a bridesmaid is she coming yet? So in saying that, If you want separate songs go for it! After all it is your day!

Originally Posted by Peach 

Someone asked a bit ago about songs for the wedding party and parents to walk down. I think I want one song for the wedding party (2 bm, parents) and one for me, but FI thinks the songs are too long. We saw a DW while on vacation this year. She had 4 BM plus herself walk to Marry Me, and it was PLENTY of time. What do you think? Are two songs too many?

Terricca and JeVon ~~Reverse Destination from Bermuda to Atlanta, Georgia~~ July 18th 2012

#653 proti007

proti007
      • 467 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

I walked down the aisle to Pitter Patter Goes My Heart by Broken Social Scene...here's a pic of me crying my eyes out as I went!

Natalie_Greg_Wedding14507.jpg

#654 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
        • Site Supporter
        • 96 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

I would like to walk down the aisle to If you can dream, I am not sure who sings it but it is featured on a Disney princess CD. I have a few months to go but I like this song

#655 vickib

vickib
          • 155 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

A couple of nice ones.....Butterfly Waltz and A Walk in the Forest

#656 vickib

vickib
            • 155 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

My FI is portuguese so we will be fitting in a song called "The Wedding Song" by Demis Rousso (I have to admit that I actually like it!

#657 vickib

vickib
              • 155 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

And one more......Keeper of the Stars by Tracey Bird

There is also a nice selection from Vitamin String Quartet

#658 capecodder

capecodder
                • 234 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

I think FI and I have decided on Marry Me by Train.  When I heard it for the first time, I loved it!

#659 AwayDC

AwayDC
                  • 155 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

love all these songs!

#660 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
                    • 191 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:32 AM

I want to use the old song You Belong To Me. There's a version by Jason Wade from Lifehouse that they played during the first Shrek movie. My only worry is that it's sooooooo slow it'll be awkward to walk to. I wonder if it'll sound weird if I speed it up.....

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users