What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#601 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
  • Banned
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

My current plan is to walk down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train.

I have a list of 5 songs to play while the guests are seated and plan for my fiance and the groomsmen to arrive at the last of those songs ("Marry You" by Bruno Mars).  Then I plan on having the mothers seated, my one BM, and the flower girls come in to "Everything" by Michael Buble.  My fiance is a huge Buble fan.

Just typing that out makes me wonder whether I can get 2 mothers, a BM, 2 flower girls and a ring barer down the aisle to one song....huh.  (though DW aisles are typically much shorter!)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Has anyone decided what their BMs are walking down the aisle too?  Will the GM have a song or just interlude music until the ceremony begins?

#602 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

Thanks for sharing, I want to walk down to Marry Me by Train too and I love the Bruno Mars Marry You incorporation, also a great choice!

I am having trouble planning out that portion but I haven't spent much time on it yet..... Your information definitely helps!!!

#603 Lindy S

Lindy S
      • 201 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Is there a thread for first dance songs? I haven't been able to find one that's been posted on recently.

#604 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

If you find one just bump it!! I'm sure many people will respond to it!!

Originally Posted by Lindy S 

Is there a thread for first dance songs? I haven't been able to find one that's been posted on recently.

#605 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
          • 594 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

How do you do a bump? I'm a part of a first dance subscription but I don't know how to bump lol.

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

If you find one just bump it!! I'm sure many people will respond to it!!

#606 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
            • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:06 AM

There are little smiley faces in the reply section that you can choose from!!! Pick the one that says bump and then ask everyone's opinion in that same post!! The girls are pretty great and come back with some great advice!

#607 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
              • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:09 AM

I do think a great sing that is kind of under appreciated is dolly Parton's version of islands in the stream!! If you can't hear it in your head go on you tube I think it would be a great first song dance!!

#608 Lindy S

Lindy S
                • 201 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Which thread are you subscribed to? I would like to be part of it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

How do you do a bump? I'm a part of a first dance subscription but I don't know how to bump lol.

#609 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
                  • 402 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

I just started think about this so i'm super excited i found this thread. I really don't want to fo traditional but i dont know if a song that had lyrics is appropriate either. I might go classical. hhhhmmmmmmmmm?

#610 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                    • 594 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hi Lindy it's this it's called the "what's your first dance song?" Perhaps someone can bump it. I tried but not sure how.

Which thread are you subscribed to? I would like to be part of it. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users