Photo

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#361 katelynn

katelynn
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

My uncle is playing and singing only you can love me this way by keith urban...awesome song!
    Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#362 Princess402

Princess402
    • 737 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

I think I *just* figured out what I'm walking down the aisle to! I was listening to Jack Johnson on my iPod on my way home from work today and got tears in my eyes and a huge smile on my face listening to the song "Angel", and thinking about walking down the aisle to it. I just played it for FI and he loved it too and said it would be perfect! It's only 2 minutes long though - is that long enough?

#363 Sweetpea_Mtl

Sweetpea_Mtl
      • 172 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:47 AM

I don't think you need more than a minute even but that depends on how long you have to walk down the aisle I guess...

I discovered the "Vitamin String Quartet" and LOVE their music. They interpret a ton of classic heavy & alternate rock and pop songs from artists like Queen, Michael Jackson, AC/DC, Guns & Roses, The Beatles, Madonna, Kiss, etc.
        I chose "The Power of Love" by Celine Dion. Played in string quartet, I find it's a very classy and touching piece.
        I'd like to play other songs from them during cocktail hour like "I was made for loving you" by KISS. It's pretty funny to hear such a classic rock song played by violins. They are VERY good!

#364 KGirl99

KGirl99
        • 189 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:53 AM

Here is my wedding playlist. I will have a violin soloist that the resort provided.
          Prelude: Claire de Lune by Debussy
          Entrance of the Wedding Entourage: Canon in D by Pachelbel
          Entrance of the Bride: All I Ask Of You by Andrew Lloyd Webber
          Lighting of the Unity Candle: Meditation from Thais by Massenet
          Recessional- Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring by J. S. Bach
          The WC told me that the soloist only knows 3 of the 5 songs provided but not to worry since the soloist will have all 5 down pat by July. I'm just bringing a CD in case of any emergency.

#365 Pazzesca

Pazzesca
          • 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sweetpea_Mtl
            I don't think you need more than a minute even but that depends on how long you have to walk down the aisle I guess...

I discovered the "Vitamin String Quartet" and LOVE their music. They interpret a ton of classic heavy & alternate rock and pop songs from artists like Queen, Michael Jackson, AC/DC, Guns & Roses, The Beatles, Madonna, Kiss, etc.
            I chose "The Power of Love" by Celine Dion. Played in string quartet, I find it's a very classy and touching piece.
            I'd like to play other songs from them during cocktail hour like "I was made for loving you" by KISS. It's pretty funny to hear such a classic rock song played by violins. They are VERY good!
            how awesome!! what a great find!!

#366 emilyk78

emilyk78
            • 220 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

I'm also using the Vitamin String Quartet - their version of "All I Want Is You" by U2 moved me to tears - gorgeous song!

Attached Files

~*~*~Emily & Chuck~*~*~ January 10, 2011~*~*~ Carnival Inspiration~*~*~

#367 **Kat**

**Kat**
              • 2,682 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by emilyk78
                I'm also using the Vitamin String Quartet - their version of "All I Want Is You" by U2 moved me to tears - gorgeous song!

LOOOOOVE Vitamin String Quartet!!!
                I walked to Wonderful Tonight (Eric Clapton) - Vitamin String Quartet
                my wedding party walked to Let It Be (Beatles) - Vitamin String Quartet

#368 JanineA

JanineA
                • 2,482 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ~Angela~
                  This might help some of you ladies, hopefully! I have been pouring over it ....

Wedding Songs, Wedding Music, First Dance Wedding Song, Popular Wedding Songs | WeddingWire
                  Thanks for posting this. I hadn't even begun to think about this yet but at least the site gives me a place to start.

#369 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
                  • 248 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

I plan to walk down to Jamie Foxx-wedding fows(fromthe jamie foxx show) it took me forever to be able to download it since it never came out on a cd and he touches me every time i listen to it. My bridal party to walk down to Jaheilm-Forever!

#370 BlondeLlamaTreww

BlondeLlamaTreww
                    • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

We're going to have an acoustic guitarist for the ceremony. I've chosen two songs that are a little old school, but sentimental to me. We're having him play instrumental versions of them since I decided that I didn't want singing while I'm walking down the aisle.

For the procession:
                      The Hawaiian Wedding Song- Elvis's version but Jim Reeves arrangement (we're getting married on Oahu)
                      YouTube - Jim Reeves - The Hawaiian Wedding Song

While my dad's walking me down the aisle:
                      There is Love (The Wedding Song)- Paul Stookey (my parents had this played during their wedding and I love the song and the idea of using it as well)
                      YouTube - Peter Paul and Mary: Paul Stookey, The Wedding Song

I think the best thing about having instrumental versions is that it doesn't matter if we have to cut them short. He can just stop playing at the end of a verse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users