Photo

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#331 lily17bear

lily17bear
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

we're planning on having a harpist during the ceremony. she sent us a list of the songs most popular with brides, but i already know that i want 'somewhere over the rainbow'. i start crying the minute i hear it, no matter where i am or how it's played and i know i'll be crying all the way down the aisle, but it's such a beatiful song.

just reading about all the songs you ladies are planning to have makes me a little teary-eyed... i'm just a big baby... they are all so beatiful and filled with so much meaning.

#332 Mere

Mere
    • 729 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by dianep
      is anyone having your groom walk down the aisle?
      "here comes your man" by the pixies!
      OMGoodness-what an excellent idea-Love it. Going to talk to FI about this!

#333 Jackie22

Jackie22
      • 336 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by saraece
        We are walking down and away to Israel Kamakawiwo's version of Somewhere over the Rainbow and What a beautiful world. It was in 50 first dates.
        That's what song I'm walking down the aisle to :)

#334 Jackie22

Jackie22
        • 336 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lily17bear
          we're planning on having a harpist during the ceremony. she sent us a list of the songs most popular with brides, but i already know that i want 'somewhere over the rainbow'. i start crying the minute i hear it, no matter where i am or how it's played and i know i'll be crying all the way down the aisle, but it's such a beatiful song.

just reading about all the songs you ladies are planning to have makes me a little teary-eyed... i'm just a big baby... they are all so beatiful and filled with so much meaning.
          Hi LilyBear,
          Your getting married 5 days before me at the same resort:)
          Have you checked out the Aventura Spa Palace thread yet? Lots of info on there :)

#335 MDLady

MDLady
          • 433 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

So many of the "romantic" songs are a little depressing.. I want something a little more festive, especially since we will be in a tropical paradise! I like the lyrics that are deep and meaningful but I don't want to be thinking of sorrow and despair on my wedding day...... Is there such a thing as happy romantic music LOL? I think I will stick with just piano music for the ceremony.

#336 lilly129

lilly129
            • 350 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hey ladies - one of my friends did her first dance to a song by Tyrone Wells - so I went on itunes and just downloaded a bunch of his songs - they're awesome!
              I think I'm going to walk down the aisle to "Sea Breeze" but while everyone is arriving/being seated I'm going to have a few other songs playing:
              Happy as the sun - tyrone wells
              Quando Quando Quando - michael buble
              Looking at her face - tyrone wells
              All We Are - Matt Nathanson
              and then my bridesmaids will walk down to an acoustic/instrumental version of come on get higher from Matt Nathanson.

#337 dianep

dianep
              • 532 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

i'll be walking down the aisle to cat power's sea of love.
                we'll play the beatles' when i'm 64 for the sand ceremony.
                recessional? TBD!
                http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#338 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
                • 192 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

I'll be walking down the aisle to "Ave Maria" by Bach/Gounod. That song is so beautiful it makes me tear up now...imagine when I walk down the isle.....my makeup will be a mess lol
                  Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

#339 shae

shae
                  • 308 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by hoyt75
                    I'm walking down the isle to Samba Pa Ti by Santana.... He's a legend!

ooo....i just heard the acoustic version. i love it...thanks for sharing!
                    YouTube - Samba Pa Ti - Santana - acoustic guitar

#340 alison15

alison15
                    • 356 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

I really love Hard to Concentrate by Red Hot Chili Peppers but not certain how or if to include it during the ceremony. I also like Besame Mucho, a slower version of it anyway. So maybe down the aisle to that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users